Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 12-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

Default Need a C++ Guide

Im new to all of this stuff and want to start dabbling with the .cpp's to alter my server a little. I have literally no experiece at all with C++, so I am in search of someone that is willing to let me ask them a shitload of questions and be able to verbally communicate with me.

Thanks,
-Mace
Old 12-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

I've actually been wanting to do this as well.. so any tips on how to get your foot in the door to start learning this would be great.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Maceblade
Hill Giant

I realized after talking to a member that I have to basically recompile my own server... I went by the guide to create your own server and never had to compile anything so I dont even have the .cpp's to alter. Town if you didnt use C++ when setting up your server, its to my understanding you have nothing to play with :-/
Old 12-05-2013, 11:32 PM
Township EQ
Hill Giant

Yeah.. with every change you make to the source you have to recompile.

Just gotta grab the newest revision and edit the files before compiling for custom changes. It'd probably be smart for you to do some revision updates if you haven't in awhile as well.