Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-14-2009, 04:25 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

Well, i guess maybe I got lucky, cause it worked for one login - then of course i can't see the list again.
Old 01-14-2009, 04:29 AM
ryder911
Hill Giant

OK I MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING! Removed EQLSUICONFIG.ini from your EQ directory, and see if it works. I just did that, and I was able to see the server list about 10 times in a row.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:36 AM
Zapotech
Fire Beetle

I'm having the same problem. Was playing EQ last night with my 2 box, logged off and went to bed, woke up in the morning and BAM blank server select screen.
I am able to log on into the servers but the server list is completely gone.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:13 AM
Felwithe
Fire Beetle

I'm having the exact same problem. I also tried the solutions offered in this thread so far - none worked for me. I tried to log in directly to my last server, but that also kicked me to the blank login screen. I've occasionally had a blank login screen - I would just log out then back in, and the problem would disappear. However, now I get nothing but blank login screens, several dozen times in a row. I'll try later - I guess it's time to dust of my XBox for a bit.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:13 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

It may just be a poor connection by the person hosting the login; the person hosting the login server at his home, and it gets congested at night (they may have some sort of cableTV-like connection)- try it out in the morning and see if the results are the same (usually lag is down in the morning).
Usually when it gets slow like that, you can keep trying and eventually you get connected.
Old 01-16-2009, 08:31 AM
slynnes
Fire Beetle

Been trying all morning on 3 different PC, 2 different ISP's and I get the same problem, login to server no problem but a totally blank list.
Old 01-16-2009, 10:29 AM
Kayot
Discordant

Now I'm having this problem. It worked up to now... Weird...

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Old 01-16-2009, 11:16 AM
VoodooChild
Fire Beetle

same issue here this morning. was fine last night as of midnight cst
Old 01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
ryder911
Hill Giant

ya nothing is working for my otther ocmp anymore.. This one sees server list just fine, but other one doesnt... I'm stumped
Old 06-08-2009, 10:39 AM
jauld2
Fire Beetle

Has anyone found any solutions to this problem? I have been playing vz/tz for over 6 months now and this problem just happened to me last night.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Jerome91
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryder911 View Post
OK I MAY HAVE FOUND SOMETHING! Removed EQLSUICONFIG.ini from your EQ directory, and see if it works. I just did that, and I was able to see the server list about 10 times in a row.
I did this - I did not delete the file, but I simply moved it to the desktop so it wasn't in the EQ titanium folder, and I am able to see the server list now. I'll update if it stops working or if moving this file has some sort of impact on the game.
Old 06-29-2009, 09:47 PM
Jerome91
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerome91 View Post
I did this - I did not delete the file, but I simply moved it to the desktop so it wasn't in the EQ titanium folder, and I am able to see the server list now. I'll update if it stops working or if moving this file has some sort of impact on the game.
Update.. It stopped working =/ When I take the file out it just gets renewed in the EQ folder. Does anyone else currently have this problem or know of a fix to it? I apologize in advance if the answer is right in front of my face heh.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:45 PM
Ozst420
Fire Beetle

I had this problem happening to me, no matter what i couldnt get the server list to show up.
Turned out that my cable model was ancient, got it replaced by my ISP for a new one and everything works great.
Not sure if this will fix it for everyone having this issue, but its worth looking into if your modems 9 years old like mine was.
Old 07-22-2009, 07:50 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozst420 View Post
I had this problem happening to me, no matter what i couldnt get the server list to show up.
Turned out that my cable model was ancient, got it replaced by my ISP for a new one and everything works great.
Not sure if this will fix it for everyone having this issue, but its worth looking into if your modems 9 years old like mine was.
That is not the first time I have seen that resolution for this exact problem. Maybe something is wrong with ISPs and how they handle ports on older modems. I bet they make some change/update and after that point, there are issues with a port needed to get the server list or something. It would also explain why normally when we see 1 post like this, 3-5 more pop up (from other people) within the same day or 2 and then nothing about it again until the next time. It is probably an ISP doing an update that breaks all of the players using that ISP with older modems. Now, if we only knew exactly what the cause was.
Old 07-27-2009, 03:48 PM
killahc
Fire Beetle

I am having this same problem no server list. I installed the 5 disk titanium 3 separate times and tried numerous things and still no server list appears. I really would like to play. Even logging out and back in multiple times no list shows up.it's a bummer.