Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-01-2011, 11:48 PM
gibroni
Hill Giant

also noticing pet hit points are updating with underfoot
Old 01-02-2011, 08:54 AM
Derision
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
any info on fixing some of the weapons that dont seem to show up when equiping them? shaman not showing spear and warrior not showing great staff of thunder and ranger shooting bags out of bow instead of arrows?
Greatstaff of Thunder not showing up appears to be because gequip3.s3d is missing. You will need to get a copy from SoD or EQLive. I assume the problem with the other models you mention are due to the same missing file.

The archery issue should be fixed in Rev 1795.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibroni View Post
also noticing pet hit points are updating with underfoot
Do you mean they are *not* updating ?

They appear to be updating for the pet owner in my testing, but not group members, but I don't think that works for any client, although I thought someone implemented that ages ago, but can't find anything in the changelog.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:51 PM
Oochie
Fire Beetle

On the PEQ server, the PoK portal stone near Rivervale that leads to the Froglok homeland doesn't appear for me. The platform for the stone is there but the stone doesn't show.

I also DLed my ver of UF from steam. I uninstalled and am currently reinstalling UF to make sure it didn't somehow bug up. Any more information on this issue would be appreciative.
Old 03-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oochie View Post
On the PEQ server, the PoK portal stone near Rivervale that leads to the Froglok homeland doesn't appear for me. The platform for the stone is there but the stone doesn't show.

I also DLed my ver of UF from steam. I uninstalled and am currently reinstalling UF to make sure it didn't somehow bug up. Any more information on this issue would be appreciative.
Did you make sure the "server" you were trying to join, actually supports the
UF client ?
Some only support certain types of clients, (Like Project1999)
Old 03-06-2011, 05:37 AM
sorvani
Dragon

UF from steam is missing files.

http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...ssingFilesList
Old 03-07-2011, 12:40 AM
Oochie
Fire Beetle

First off, thank you guys for responding and helping me with the knowledge you fellow gamer geeks have acquired on this game over the years. :}

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
I wish this was mentioned in the "Getting Started" section of this site. (Just as much my fault for going on a whim and buying a game without doing **** cavity style research) Even if I do jimmy rig all the files listed in the link above and complete the UF client, it still doesn't change the fact that UF doesn't completely work on PEQ. PEQ says "SoD+ Login Server:" which I assumed was SoD and all up expansions.

So.... Lets say I go and get all these lovely files from EQLive and then somehow acquire the Titanium files, (probably by buying a copy at a half price/second hand gaming store) what else would I need to do to my client to sufficiently play on PEQ?

Yet again, any and all help will be extremely appreciated.
Old 03-07-2011, 02:30 AM
sorvani
Dragon

The files in the first list fix the zones that are no longer in game, or were completely revamped in game. The biggest thing you can't do on PEQ without said files is the LDoN's on N Ro, Oasis, and S Ro because those objects are in the missing files. Cosmetically there will be a lot of human male models. That pretty much sums up the Titanium requirements.

All of the files in the second list should be available from any source from Titanium to Live. I'll try to remember to reword the wiki later when i'm not typing on my phone. Most of these files fix cosmetic issues, a few affect game play.

Underfoot support is really quite recent on the EMU servers and as the only legal means to easily (fining titanium is not easy most times) find a client able to be played with support for it will continue to be expanded.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:07 AM
Oochie
Fire Beetle

Well the only thing to do is put on my boots n coat and head out to my local second hand gamer shops looking for the Titanium expansion set. I have a simple question that you guys can hopefully answer while I am out. Where in the EQ folder do I copy these files to? The main folder or in a sub directory folder within?

Thx again for the info guys.
Old 03-07-2011, 03:59 AM
trevius
Developer

The only missing/problem files are directly in the main EQ folder, not any of the sub-folders as far as I am aware.