Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 05-12-2011, 06:32 PM
bard_007
Fire Beetle

what UI are you using? i think my error/problem now is when i connect to a server, the EQ window just shuts, no errors or anything, i think its the UI not loaded character screen.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:01 AM
causticsand
Fire Beetle

No one else suggested it, so I'll just throw this out there. I used to get this error. I am running EQ on Linux Mint through Wine. If I try a command like:
Quote:
caustic@enkidu ~ $ wine /media/aiesha/everquest/eqgame.exe patchme
I will get the XML GUI error. What I must do each and every time is first change to the directory where eqgame resides, then run it. Like this:
Quote:
caustic@enkidu ~ $ cd /media/aiesha/everquest
caustic@enkidu /media/aiesha/everquest $ wine eqgame.exe patchme
I'm not saying this will help anyone, just throwing that out there.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 PM
Bevi1019
Fire Beetle

It seems that this particular error comes from trying to follow the project 1999 setup over the SoF client. Problem is the getting started page provided by Project 1999 assumes you have Titanium. They do say that SoF may work to an extent, and it does but not if you follow that page completely. I was able to get on and play Project 1999 on my SoF client today, just with a ton a graphics glitches.

Heres how I was able to get on:

First off uninstall your current SoF client and delete the folder completely. Then reinstall from the disk but choose a different folder altogether. It wants to install to Sony/Everquest I changed that EQEmu, this will avoid any conflict with remaining UI files that can get left behind on the uninstall, also if your someone who still plays a live server the different directory will help avoid confusion when altering files.

Next follow the EQEmu Play Guide found here http://www.eqemulator.net/wiki/wikka...akka=PlayGuide

Next from the Project 1999 Getting started guild http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2651 Download the eqchangesv9.zip. However do not send the entire package into your EQEmu folder. The 2 files that need to be changed are the spells_us.txt, and in the Resources folder the GlobalLoad.txt, leave the dbstr_us.txt alone. Also before moving dleting or overwriting ANY files copy them over to a separate folder so that if you do encounter issues you still have the original to change back.

that is the ONLY alteration I made to the client and I was able to log in create a character and enter world. Gameplay mechanics seem fine, but the textures/models are off. almost every mob in freeport appeared as a human male.

I was also able to change the login and loadscreens to the original versions following the Project 1999 guiide without an issue. Hope this helps and If I'm able to fix any of the graphics problems I will followup here.
Old 06-26-2011, 08:19 AM
frogsinmyhair
Fire Beetle

I had the same problem because I had EQ installed before (although uninstalled and my new install was in a diff directory)

I fixed it by just uninstalling everything, erasing and sony directory left, and allowing all the defaults for install

Works like a charm, even on windows 7

-E
Old 07-06-2011, 10:15 AM
Rumpa
Fire Beetle

hey guys,

im an ultra n00b when it comes to these things, i get the exact same message, im running Titanium. ive been playing for over a month, no problems at all but all of a sudden im getting same text: problem with you gui read uierrors.txt, i go to my uierrors.txt and this is what i get:

UIErrorLog created at Wed Jul 06 06:52:08 2011
[Wed Jul 06 06:52:08 2011] [Line:163 Source:UIFiles\Default\EQUI_TrackingWnd.xml] End tag doesn't equal start tag <Style_Checkbox> </>
[Wed Jul 06 06:52:08 2011] Error reading XML.
[Wed Jul 06 06:52:08 2011] Error reading XML.

someone please help btw i was playing about 3-4 hours ago... it just started now. im playing on p99 server too if that helps

Last edited by Rumpa; 07-06-2011 at 10:16 AM.. Reason: missing info
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 AM
norwinx3
Fire Beetle

Default same error

im also getting the same error...i play on Ezserver...here is my UIerrors

UIErrorLog created at Sat Oct 06 17:05:26 2012
[Sat Oct 06 17:05:29 2012] XML reference error! TextureInfo[4]:Achievement_unlock_color.tga[115] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! TextureInfo[4]:Achievement_achieved_color.tga[116] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! TextureInfo[4]:Achievement_lock_color.tga[117] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMax[759] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxP[760] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_ChatMaxH[761] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnNormal[762] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressed[763] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnFlyby[764] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnDisabled[765] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MaximizeBtnPressedFlyby[766] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameTopLeft[767] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameTop[768] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameTopRight[769] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameRightTop[770] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameRight[771] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameRightBottom[772] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameBottomRight[773] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameBottom[774] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameBottomLeft[775] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameLeftTop[776] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameLeft[777] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementOpenFiligreeFrameLeftBottom[778] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleOpenRight[779] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleOpenLeft[780] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleOpenMiddle[781] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameTopLeft[782] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameTop[783] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameTopRight[784] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameRightTop[785] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameRight[786] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameRightBottom[787] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameBottomRight[788] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameBottom[789] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameBottomLeft[790] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameLeftTop[791] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameLeft[792] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementCompletedFiligreeFrameLeftBottom[793] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleCompletedRight[794] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleCompletedLeft[795] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleCompletedMiddle[796] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameTopLeft[797] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameTop[798] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameTopRight[799] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameRightTop[800] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameRight[801] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameRightBottom[802] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameBottomRight[803] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameBottom[804] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameBottomLeft[805] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameLeftTop[806] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameLeft[807] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_AchievementLockedFiligreeFrameLeftBottom[808] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleLockedRight[809] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleLockedLeft[810] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Achievement_WindowTitleLockedMiddle[811] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightTopLeft[812] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightTop[813] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightTopRight[814] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightRight[815] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightBottomRight[816] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightBottom[817] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightBottomLeft[818] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightLeft[819] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinTopLeft[820] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinTop[821] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinTopRight[822] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinRight[823] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinBottomRight[824] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinBottom[825] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinBottomLeft[826] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_HighlightThinLeft[827] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightTop[828] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRight[829] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameRightBottom[830] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftTop[831] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeft[832] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_FiligreeThinFrameLeftBottom[833] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_CharacterSelect[834] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_UnlockBtn[835] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Tank[836] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Assist[837] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Puller[838] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Speaker[839] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_SpeakerMute[840] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Mic[841] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MicMute[842] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MercenaryBtnNormal[843] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MercenaryBtnPressed[844] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MercenaryBtnFlyby[845] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_MercenaryBtnPressedFlyby[846] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_Kick[847] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_TransparentCheckBoxNormal[848] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_TransparentCheckBoxPressed[849] referenced but NEVER declared!
XML reference error! Ui2DAnimation[6]:A_InvPowerSource[850] referenced but NEVER declared!

[Sat Oct 06 17:05:29 2012] Error validating symbol table.
[Sat Oct 06 17:05:29 2012] Error validating symbol table.
Old 01-15-2014, 04:10 AM
Grehg
Fire Beetle

Default Wineskin on Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by causticsand View Post
No one else suggested it, so I'll just throw this out there. I used to get this error. I am running EQ on Linux Mint through Wine. If I try a command like: I will get the XML GUI error. What I must do each and every time is first change to the directory where eqgame resides, then run it. Like this:

I'm not saying this will help anyone, just throwing that out there.
This worked for me, running on a Macbook through Wine.

Code:
start "c:\MQ\MacroQuest2.exe"
cd c:\EQEMU_UF
start "c:\EQEMU_UF\eqgame.exe patchme"