Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:51 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Default Vahalla online

Server is designed to remove the stuff I didnt like in original EQ. After 9 years of boxing 5 chars this is no longer needed. Each character can have 5 bots each. So a character is a full group. I didnt enjoy having to have a group gater in each group so I opened #zone to everyone. There are a few non-standard items but not many. I sometimes create uber zones while waiting on a release of new content. Currently lower guk and befallen are 70 level hard content. With server now on eqemulator not a private location all clients are open. Feel free to enjoy said server. At this time I do not have a web page. While server is new to eqemulator as an open server it has been online for my family for last 18 months.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:49 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Default Few other notes

I disliked no drop items so they are disabled
Lore still in place
We all used to bazaaar hunt for rare spells and this doesnt work with low server population so #spells implemented for everyone to use
Old 08-25-2011, 02:07 AM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Default Start up PP

I am checking at least once a day for new accounts and granting them 1000pp in shared bank slot. Hunting pumas for loot was never fun so this will allow for quicker start ups.
Old 08-26-2011, 07:12 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

is there anywhere to spend the 1000p on?
Old 08-28-2011, 04:48 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

I am working on quest not functioning and worse case will move server to 32bit machine once my OS disk arrives from Amazon.
Old 08-28-2011, 05:00 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

I am working on quest not functioning and worse case will move server to 32bit machine once my OS disk arrives from Amazon.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:47 AM
DeimosTK
Fire Beetle

Is it possible to allow the creation of more than 5 bots, just limited to 5 bots spawned at a time? Or at least have #bot delete fixed?

I created a pretty terrible combination of bots, and it would suck to have to reroll my character.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:32 PM
Melandril
Sarnak

the 1000p in the shared bank doesn't work. If it really was supposed to be 1k plat, that doesn't seem particularly useful on the server atm The equipment in the GH costs over 500p (meaning one could buy 1 entire piece).

Might be nice if there were starting weapons for bots or a vendor with cheap weapons (or even free no-rent weapons)

I like the concept of being able to summon 5 bots at one time; is that difficult to configure?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:55 AM
bowmaster
Discordant

how does 1 get into the guild hall?

i click on the doors nothing?
Old 09-03-2011, 02:34 PM
DeimosTK
Fire Beetle

Hey, this is Phobos, if I could have my bots MonkTKB and MonkTKC deleted, that'd be great. If you need to create the new bots, I'd like BerserkerTK (dwarf male) and WizardTK (high elf female) in their place.

I also didn't find any merchant in the Guild Hall or Lobby that sold armor. Is he only in the Armory guild hall?
Old 09-03-2011, 05:32 PM
DeimosTK
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeimosTK View Post
I also didn't find any merchant in the Guild Hall or Lobby that sold armor. Is he only in the Armory guild hall?
Disregard that, in order to see the NPCs in the Guild Hall, you have to zone in normally through the Guild Lobby, not use #zone.

For some reason, the gear sold by the Guildhall merchant is all stackable. Everything can be equipped just fine, I'm just not sure if that was intended.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:07 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeimosTK View Post
Disregard that, in order to see the NPCs in the Guild Hall, you have to zone in normally through the Guild Lobby, not use #zone.

For some reason, the gear sold by the Guildhall merchant is all stackable. Everything can be equipped just fine, I'm just not sure if that was intended.
Gear was intended to be stackable and min level set to 1 so it can be used by all. Please noterecommended levels still in place. Idea behind the armor is simply with low server head count (hopefully will change) tradeskill armor would be almost impossible so I put some in so that players can have some more staying power. Basically low head count means small raids etc so i want chars to be a little tougher then otherwise meant.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:10 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

I am out of town till Thursday evening. I plan to be on Thursday night to help folks create guilds and fix a few bugs. I need to get #bot delete working. It isnt working even with a 255 gm rating so most likely I will delete bots manually in database upon request until fixed. I will also be looking into how to create a guild creation mob in guildlobby. If anyone has an sql code for this please send it to me or post it.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 PM
DeimosTK
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurkhaPanzers View Post
I am out of town till Thursday evening. I plan to be on Thursday night to help folks create guilds and fix a few bugs. I need to get #bot delete working. It isnt working even with a 255 gm rating so most likely I will delete bots manually in database upon request until fixed. I will also be looking into how to create a guild creation mob in guildlobby. If anyone has an sql code for this please send it to me or post it.
I just noticed the error code when trying to delete a bot says something about "botbuffs". A guy on the server said he was able to delete a bot when he had 5 warriors, so maybe a bot can't be deleted when it has buffs. I killed one of my bots then respawned it, but it's still giving an error, so my guess is they spawn with buffs on. I'm gonna AFK for a while to try and run any timers down then test it again.

EDIT: I googled it and, yeah, that's the issue.
Old 09-04-2011, 06:41 PM
GurkhaPanzers
Hill Giant

Thanks for info.