Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-31-2011, 10:00 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Default unique server idea

Have anyone tried making a Diety based server? would be neat and stuff just saying.

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 08-31-2011, 10:47 PM
Davood
Discordant

That actually sounds like a good idea;

Deity, faction, race, class don't come into play as much with the interaction of the world beyond velious.....

What would be cool is to make a "classic"ish server that goes up to velious (after velious is when SOE took over verant and broke the vision). And incorporate more in depths realization of faction alignments / deity alignments etc ALA velious 3 way split (dragon/dwarf/giant)... wouldn't it be cool to make friends with nagafen or vox... or have a whole quest line from the denizens of sebilis.

and of course, you will need my custom spambots that I have created, in order to properly enjoy the experience of dungeon crawling and hanging out in EC.....
Old 09-01-2011, 06:48 AM
kylekurth
Sarnak

There is currently a server in the works that will be classic up to Velious. It is in the test phase but should be completely up come November/December. It is The Sleeper server.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:30 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by liquest View Post
Have anyone tried making a Diety based server? would be neat and stuff just saying.
I am working on something similar, where your deity choice will heavily impact your class play style (for example necro worshiping bertox will be very different from a necro worshiping cazic, in many aspects).
Thought I am FAR from done, as I am practically re-doing entire game from scratch and there is a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done... Maybe next year it will see the light
Old 09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davood View Post
What would be cool is to make a "classic"ish server that goes up to velious (after velious is when SOE took over verant and broke the vision). .
Just for the record - the original Verant team, even thought renamed as SOE, was controlling The Vision as far as PoP, before majority of its members left to do other projects
Old 09-02-2011, 12:03 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSlayerZ View Post
I am working on something similar, where your deity choice will heavily impact your class play style (for example necro worshiping bertox will be very different from a necro worshiping cazic, in many aspects).
Thought I am FAR from done, as I am practically re-doing entire game from scratch and there is a tremendous amount of work that needs to be done... Maybe next year it will see the light
You got me there. Im down to try it out or maybe help if needed. Sounds fun

Liquest Auctions, WTB AA's up to the current compatable clients PST with offer.

"A casual stroll through a lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything." ~Fredrick Nietzsche

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.." ~Albert Einstein
Old 09-21-2011, 06:28 PM
Mexenlives
Fire Beetle

I've been thinking about this abit too. With bots and such, a server aimed at class, race, and deity would be alot of fun. Different quest rewards for each combo and such. Would put quite unique to most servers thus far. Lots of work as well.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:28 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

more than just quests - but also items and spells