Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bots

Development::Bots Forum for bots.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2017, 08:59 PM
ZombieSoul
Sarnak

Default Bot observations

I switched over to bots from mercs a while ago, overall pretty nice, but the things that really bother me about them and I'm poking around the code trying to figure out are:

If you get engaged(in combat) and the bot doesn't have line of sight. they just stop and twiddle their thumbs. I have them currently moving to their owner so you don't have to ^summon every corner in a tight dungeon seems to work but I need to figure out the proper way to move them, right now they just slide to me and if I am in los of the target they will pick up and fight as normal.

The other things are pretty much the same as I've seen mentioned here.

Group disbanding/ bots depop or get broken(stand there and stuck in group until group is disbanded) on zoning: this seems to only happen since a friend of mine started grouping with me. so over 1 client in a group makes the groups bug out with bots.

and the last thing is the terrible rubber banding while they are moving, I can watch them run to a target, and it seems like they do it over and over again until the server says they are there. like the client thinks they are moving faster than the server says they are. The same thing happens when they are following. or really just moving at all. but my pet seems to have very little of that. the mercs didn't seem to do that either.

These are the things i'm looking to improve, any ideas or pointers are welcome. I still am trying to wrap my head around the code.

Thanks for reading.