Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-21-2010, 12:49 PM
ah50001
Fire Beetle

Default log in problem

Okay, so for some reason only one of my accounts wont log in and I don't know why. At the moment i have 2 accounts logged in but when i try to log in the third, i can get to server select but when i try to connect to a server it says it can't connect because an error occurred. They all worked fine yesterday. And its only on the one account. It would be awesome if anyone could help thanks
Old 03-21-2010, 01:47 PM
Luccian_Black
Fire Beetle

I am having the same problem. I can log in any of my 7 accounts except 1. my paladin, when i select the server i want to play on it gives me an error saying "An unknown error has occurred while trying to join the server".

I didnt have this issue yesterday, any assistance would be greatly appreciated
Old 03-21-2010, 01:57 PM
ah50001
Fire Beetle

at one point my son was unaware i had my character logged in and he logged into one of the accounts on another server and it just so happened to be the one that isnt working now. Would that mess up anything? I dont even know how it would allow you to be on 2 different servers on the same account at the same time but i guess it happened.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:21 PM
mastagee27
Fire Beetle

im also having this problem as well. Started just this morning. Was last on about 10 hours ago. Is it possible the server still thinks that the account is still logged in?
Old 03-21-2010, 05:11 PM
Luccian_Black
Fire Beetle

i dont think its the servers thinking we're still logged in, iirc the message for your char being in game already is something along the lines of of character syncronization or something. sorry for misspelling there, but yeah my issue still hasnt been resolved. im sad faced atm.
Old 03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
mastagee27
Fire Beetle

still not workin for me. Any other account I try works just fine. Just the account i actually use is unable to login to any server.
Old 04-24-2010, 01:53 PM
airbornejoe6
Fire Beetle

bump...
I am having the same exact problem now. I can log on with 2 of my accounts just fine with the SoD client, but then when i try my 3rd account, it gives me the same error, "An unknown error has occurred while trying to join the server". Whats even more confusing to me is when I try to log on the third account that won't log in with SoD, he can log in just fine on the titanium client. In addition to all this, the account was able to log into the SoD client about 2 hours ago just fine. Haven't touched anything and now its messed up. Any ideas?
Old 04-24-2010, 06:08 PM
gaeorn
Developer

Since there are more than one login server now, we need to know which one you are using. Which game server you are trying to use would also be useful information. Thanks.
Old 04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
airbornejoe6
Fire Beetle

Host=tsahosting.net:5999

Tried logging into PEQ, EZ server, and another one that shows up, storm haven i think. All of them report the same error. Thanks
Old 04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
Tudj
Fire Beetle

Default A connection to the server could not be reached

Having issues also...

A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online.

Well I am online (As I am posting here. :P) and firewall set to allow as it always has.

Any issues at all?
Old 04-24-2010, 11:17 PM
gaeorn
Developer

For those having login issues, please include the contents of your eqhost.txt and the login server account name and the approximate time you had the problem. We are actively working on this problem, but it is very hard for us to read minds and figure out which of many login account names are having the problem and which are not.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:19 PM
Tudj
Fire Beetle

Default eqhost.txt

here it is.

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Account name: Tudjikat
Old 04-24-2010, 11:20 PM
gaeorn
Developer

I also asked for approximately what time you had the problem. For eqemulator.net, Rogean will have to look into it if he has time. However, I know he is very busy with a server move at the moment.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:23 PM
mlee442
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaeorn View Post
I also asked for approximately what time you had the problem.
I am using the suggested eqhost.txt file, and I've been getting this error for the last 40 minutes. Every time I try to log in, the server cannot be reached.
Old 04-24-2010, 11:24 PM
MadJake
Fire Beetle

[LoginServer]
Host=eqemulator.net:5998

Account name: madjake22

Around 10:30PM EST. Was logging in fine before that...