Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Default DiabloQuest

This will be the new forum thread for all things DiabloQuest. We have nearly started over, which may seem like bad news, however the changes are for the better.

New, in-depth, storyline. Better spells, better everything.

Now to give a sneak peak at how spells are going to be looking. Take a look at the Amazon's Javelin & Spear spell tree located here: http://diabloquest.weebly.com/javelin--spear.html

Updates will be going here very frequently, we're going to be putting in countless hours into this over the next few weeks to get you all something to play!

We have added 2 new members to our DEV team and this will hopefully speed up the process.

Looking forward to posting updates for you all to drool / comment on.

Until next time!
~Jahar
Old 08-27-2013, 11:16 PM
AzsharasDad
Fire Beetle

I cannot begin to explain how excited I am to see my two favorite classic games being merged into one.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:38 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Well I hope we are able to bring a nostalgia feeling to you.
Old 08-27-2013, 11:44 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzsharasDad View Post
I cannot begin to explain how excited I am to see my two favorite classic games being merged into one.
Heh. It's taken a while to get thus far on said server... We've ran across a few pot holes in the server we were going to open for Alpha, and then we thought ahead, you know, two, maybe three months in advance 'What if they kill Diablo quickly..' -- I know if I sat down with Diablo 2 I could beat it in 12-20 hours, easy. Fully beat it. I guarantee it, actually. Jahar came up with the idea; 'Why not go back to the beginning when everything was just starting out? Make a server based around that?' -- I figured 'Eh, why not.' (I was buying a new computer anyway, xD).

So with the new computer fully upgraded and running, and Jahar working out all the kinks before we actually start DEVELOPING the server, I made sure this computer could sustain a Everquest Server (Hence Uthra's Progression Realm) -- This will be our SISTER server until DiabloQuest can be fully off the ground and running.

By sister server -- I mean it has the same idea concept, Chaos, and Balance fighting bosses that are essentially enemies of one another and when you reach the end after you kill the other team respective bosses, you reach Uthra... It was both of our ideas to get a sister server running.

Anyway, feel free to check up on this forum and our Website(s) located --

DiabloQuest
And our sister server.
Uthra's Progression Server
Old 08-27-2013, 11:45 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

As a side note - I forgot to mention -- WE WILL NOT be informing you who the new DEV team consist of. You will have to wait and see when you start to play. =)
Old 09-04-2013, 08:57 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Greetings everyone, Nerdgasm here, we got a couple new ideas for DiabloQuest, we tore down everything of Diablo down to the very core of it, and got an idea from another DEV of the community that we here at DiabloQuest find very... intriguing.

BEFORE;

We had plan to throw a mix of Diablo 2, and Diablo 3 in plus a little custom content on the side, while the custom content will still be apart, we've changed a little bit of what we decided to do..

NOW;

When you first spawn in, you will have to accept to the ToS of the server, how will be listed when you hail the NPC.. After you accept them you will be sent to a zone, when you hail the NPC he will give you choices, the choices are; Diablo I -- Diablo II -- Diablo III -- Now what this means for you... You remember playing Diablo I how everything was just awesome at times, and what not. Well we're bring it back with the three main chars you can play (Hellfire will add the monk but that's later). And you will be sent somewhere NOT in relations to the Diablo II or Diablo III chars, and the gear will be different. Same thing goes with Diablo II and III. The story line will be altered a little bit as to not imply a copy write fragment, but the just of it will be the same. There will be similar features in our version of Diablo I and Blizzards, such as -- scrolls, books, and what not.
This is a pre-alpha idea that we've gotten and are starting on. We will fill everyone in more when we get it closer to being done.
Old 09-04-2013, 11:37 PM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Hey everyone,

As Nerdgasm said, I regret to inform everyone that the server has changed once again. However this time it should be final. After spending some time speaking with another DEV in the EQEmu community, he opened my eyes to something, and it made perfect sense.

Before:

We had planned on bringing forth a playable story that led up to Diablo and through it. Including the parts in which Sanctuary was created and the banishment of the Prime Evils to Sanctuary by the Lesser Evils of the Burning Hells.

After:

Now, how are we changing things? Let me tell you. As Nerdgasm said, when you first log in, you will meet an NPC who will tell you about our Terms of Service (ToS). This is a must because of copyright issues, we apologize, but everyone needs to be aware, we are not trying to get sued for this. Now moving on.

After you accept the ToS, you will then be given a choice, a choice of which game you would like to play. Diablo, Diablo II or Diablo III. Each will played out in its own way. For example, in the Diablo part you will have your choice of Warrior, Rogue, and Sorcerer. In the Diablo II part you will have your choice of Barbarian, Amazon, etc. You get the point. The stories will be very similar, with our own twists and modifications of course. The names and faces of those characters you have come to love and enjoy will make shining returns.

Now then, with that being said, I would like to warn everyone, almost everything you know about EverQuest will be changed. The stats you use will no longer mean the same thing, monsters will hurt again, and to top it all off, you will most likely die trying to get a feel for things.

The Gameplan:

As of 10:18 PM CST I have about 30% of Diablo done. This will be the first to be released during our ALPHA phase. About 60% ready for ALPHA.

During the ALPHA phase, you will not have a level cap, however, you will be restricted to the first 4 levels of the Tristram Cathedral. There are 16 total levels for those who forgot. During this time we will be getting a feel for things, find/fix bugs, and just see how things play out.

We of course will always take feedback/idea’s from the players. We will take everyone’s opinion into account and developers of the server; we will either dismiss the idea or find a way to make it work. We have some of the most brilliant minds in the EQEmu community assisting us and where there is a will there is a way. So any ideas in which you think could make the server better as a whole, please let us know. Staying silent means nothing happens.

Well I will cut this short. Could keep going, but want to leave some for later. Also, I am constructing a new website, should be in the works soon. Everything changes.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:13 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahar_LoA View Post

During the ALPHA phase, you will not have a level cap, however, you will be restricted to the first 4 levels of the Tristram Cathedral. There are 16 total levels for those who forgot. During this time we will be getting a feel for things, find/fix bugs, and just see how things play out.
I would like to elaborate on this a little bit, Jahar, When Hellfire came out, they added more, and the new stuff started on level 15 (as you told me), once we get to the Hellfire part of the expansion (When we open it, it will NOT be called Hellfire) level 15, 16 and the rest WILL be altered, so it won't be the same as you remember.
Old 09-21-2013, 09:13 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Hey guys, Jahar has some RL stuff going on, I have little information on what's going on, however I have some of the stuff for DiabloQuest completed, once he gets back and we can get a day to talk, we'll be sure to inform you all on what's happening! =D
Old 09-22-2013, 12:07 AM
Jahar_LoA
Sarnak

Hey everyone. I will be out for at least the next week. I was on my to Arizona for vacation, and when I landed in Dallas for my layover, I got a call from my Grandmother letting me know that my Grandfather had passed away. As soon as I get back home, we will get back at it. Until then, I am AFK.

Jahar.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:56 PM
Commrune
Fire Beetle

How do you guys plan to compete with Damoria in terms of replay value and gameplay? You guys have the Diablo name and story(ish), but Damoria has the Diablo appeal of randomly generated mobs, loot, etc.

This isn't meant as a bash... just want to get you guys thinking. I would like to see all servers succeed
Old 09-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

That's one thing that we aren't really caring to compete with. Our version of Diablo is going to be Diablo 1, 2, and 3 as we've already explained. Once we hit Diablo 3 the things you see on Damoria most likely will be in there as well, considering Diablo 3 is where all the random stats and stuff really started. I personally feel like we were undercut and our idea stolen. However I'm not here to cause problems or argue. As this is America everyone is entitled to do what they want to do. Nothing I can say nor do to stop them. Our outlook on that server is the same outlook on every other server out there, and our statement stays the same; 'If you want to play DiabloQuest, play it. If not, dont.'

~Signed

TDLR - Basically what I'm saying is, there will be no competition. He can run his server, we'll run ours. It isn't about genital size. It's about the quality of game play. If you prefer his game play, play his server. If you prefer ours, play ours.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:05 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commrune View Post
How do you guys plan to compete with Damoria in terms of replay value and gameplay? You guys have the Diablo name and story(ish), but Damoria has the Diablo appeal of randomly generated mobs, loot, etc.

This isn't meant as a bash... just want to get you guys thinking. I would like to see all servers succeed
Lecht wanted me to make sure that people knew that he is not 'competing' with anyone and that this comment was not meant to start any sort of drama regarding so.

I know the comment wasn't directed at that but he wanted to make sure that people wouldn't confuse the two.

Either way good luck everyone on their projects.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:35 PM
ak48
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
If you prefer his game play, play his server. If you prefer ours, play ours.
Exactly! It shouldn't be a competition, I personally like an open source approach. It allows less experienced people look through what the more experienced people have done and learn from it.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:17 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Lecht wanted me to make sure that people knew that he is not 'competing' with anyone and that this comment was not meant to start any sort of drama regarding so.

I know the comment wasn't directed at that but he wanted to make sure that people wouldn't confuse the two.

Either way good luck everyone on their projects.
Which is why I stated - 'If you want to play on our server play on it, if you want to play on his, play on his.' Jahar and I have talked it over once we saw this server we thought about shutting ours down, but after a bit of a talk we realized something. No server is EVER the same. Perhaps out stats on our gears are different, perhaps something else is different, you just never know. I know one thing for certain he has graphics on his npc's we will not, due to the lag it'll cause on the server with how much stuff we're going to be having running. (I'm NOT saying that's bad that he has it on there, I'm merely giving an example.) -- I in NO WAY took offence to this, Jahar didn't either. If I came off as 'stand off-ish' I apologize, it was not my intention.

As for Demoria, good luck on your project, mate. I look forward to at least testing it out once (As I do with every server.)