Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 04-21-2020, 07:09 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Default #showstats vs. entity info window bug...

While in GM mode and performing dev edit to my server/game...

Entity Info window does not update the AC after a NPC casts any buff spell. Spells do seem to work. But again, the Entity window does not update the AC.

I can reproduce this. Tested so far on cleric and druid NPCs.

Unfortunately I am unsure how to upload a .png showing exactly what I am talking about. Do not see the option.
Old 04-21-2020, 09:44 PM
joligario
Developer

Maybe under calculations Mitigation AC?
Old 04-22-2020, 10:56 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

I submitted a bug report. But was told it is not a bug. Still seems to me a issue. So I will not use or can I trust the Entity info window while a GM and doing Dev stuff, on my own server. The #showstats seem to be trustworthy though.
Old 04-23-2020, 02:07 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarAngel View Post
I submitted a bug report. But was told it is not a bug. Still seems to me a issue. So I will not use or can I trust the Entity info window while a GM and doing Dev stuff, on my own server. The #showstats seem to be trustworthy though.
#showstats uses a summation of AC including item, aa, stat bonuses whereas the entity window is showing raw AC. It's not wrong they're just different. Instead there could be a suggestion to include both
Old 04-23-2020, 03:09 AM
WarAngel
Sarnak

I understand. The Dev replying to the bug report explained it a bit.

My confusion is that the entity window would only (it seems) show raw AC, while other stats such as HP would adjust to spells that manipulate both AC and HP. So I get a HP that changes but the AC does not.

While the #showstat show the changes made by the spell casted. Not sure if I am able to explain with out the ability to load up my screenshot. But it just confuses the snookers out of me.

The use of the word trust was a bad decision. Lets say I get brain wires crossed when the entity window changes some stats but other, or, maybe just the AC does not. And that is a bit frustrating to my concrete circular mind.

Not an issue though, I adjusted and can adapt. Its all good.

Tags
#showstats, entity, info