Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Database/World Building

Development::Database/World Building World Building forum, dedicated to the EQEmu MySQL Database. Post partial/complete databases for spawns, items, etc.

Old 04-25-2020, 01:01 AM
keffie
Fire Beetle

Default How to add a race/class combination?

My cousin and I are trying to modify a server for the first time to try and set up teams.
One of the things we wanted to do related to that was add new race/class combinations, to balance the teams.

We tried adding a row in the 'char_create_combinations' table, sort of like the person from this thread,
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36677

In our case, we tried adding a Half Elf Shadow Knight, this was the insert statement.

Code:
INSERT INTO `char_create_combinations` (`allocation_id`, `race`, `class`, `deity`, `start_zone`, `expansions_req`)
VALUES ( 36, 7, 5, 208, 1, 0);
It seemed like it inserted to the database successfully, but then on the character create screen we don't see the new option available.
Did we miss something, or maybe there is another step?

We're both using Titanium client, in case that makes a difference.
Old 07-04-2020, 04:18 AM
Gnowm
Fire Beetle

I know the linked post was from years ago, the final post contents. If its true about client limits to char select screen options maybe just start with a selectable class then quest on your home city to #classchange to your choice.
Old 07-16-2020, 10:38 PM
keffie
Fire Beetle

Thanks Gnowm; we were hoping to stick to the character select screen, although quest scripts are a nice idea as a backup strategy.

I wasn't 100% sure if the combinations were controlled on client side for Titanium, the posts seemed to go both ways on it; but it's starting to look like they might be.

A couple more that I found,
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...t=39831&page=2
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41050

So now we're wondering if MQ2, or some other method of patching could solve for adding combinations to Titanium client, although we're not sure how to do that yet, and it could make it more complicated to open the server up to other people.