Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 06-04-2020, 03:33 PM
Jorgenras
Fire Beetle

Default Yet another set of noob questions...

Hello. I've been reticent to post on this forum, but i've had a devil of a time getting answers from lurking and googling.

I'm not knowledgeable on server construction or operation, hence i'm having difficulties with the server on my computer, namely in having a friend outside this internet router's reach to be able to connect with it. I set up the Akka's server package and can run it for my own self, as well as I can see it populated on the server selection list along with the rest of the legends/preferred/etc. I went into my router and forwarded all of the necessary ports suggested, but that didn't seem to help at all for my friend to enter the server from the internet.

I installed Titanium on both my own and my friend's computer. I installed the server set onto my computer and forwarded the ports in my router. I do not have a static IP. He can see my server on the server selection screen, but it fails to connect/kicks back to login.

I have also tried to use Hamachi to make this work, which also failed.

I think the biggest problem I'm having is I'm not even sure what the difference between the server and a loginserver is, and when to use them. The information of that is a dead link on the github.

Information is assumedly on here, but parsing it has been difficult for me. It's just not a skill I worked on. I haven't seen a "tell me the info like I'm a child" version of install/connect/client acceptance like I hoped I'd find.

I'm sure there's like, 5 lines of combined code to make this work. Either that, or there's a necessity for me to set up a static IP in some way or another.

My goal is simply to help a friend experience and murder all the things in the life he once lived as a guildmaster on vallon zek in that late 90s. There was so many things he wished to experience, but could never get the crew of 80 together to make it happen. We found a GMcommands server, but the connection has been a little sporadic on it, and I could just run it myself if only I could get the stupid thing to do the thing it's supposed to do.

Please help!
Thank you
Old 06-11-2020, 04:10 PM
Stim0x
Fire Beetle

If he can see your server, then your login server appears to have been set up correctly.

Re-check your port forwarding setup on your router.

Below are the TCP and UDP ports I'm forwarding for my setup.

5998-5999
7000-7500
9000-9001

Does your "world" entry within your emuconfig.json also state your public IP?

Without you having a static IP, he'll likely need to keep changing the entry in his eqhost.txt file. The alternative is to find a dynamic DNS provider.

If you're only hosting for the enjoyment of you and your friend, I'd recommend locking access down to his public IP as good practice. Get it working first though.