Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-13-2016, 06:52 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Default It is time...

It has been a long time everybody,

Some changes have happened in my life and my new job has me off on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. So, I am sitting here bored thinking
about what to do with my time. That's when it hit me, I actually have some time to myself now? I am not stressed out of my mind because
my new job is really laid back and flexible? Maybe I could use that time to do something fun and productive again?

I have been missing a part of my life that I feel completes me as a person - my creative spirit.

For those new to EQemu I created Varlyndria, Varlyndria: Ascension and Eriviyn.

I also had help from some really good coders that work with EQemulator: Natedog, KinglyKrab, Secrets, Akkadius and others. (sorry if I forgot your name it's been a while.)

These servers were all pretty successful in their prime but had a lot of controversy and mistakes that I will own up to 100% which ultimately
lead to their demise. Lately, I have seen that there are people out there who still love Eriviyn and are doing everything they can to get it going
again. I honestly can't explain in words how that makes me feel as a game designer. I feel humbled that my vision could touch and leave a mark on
some players even to this day.

With that said, I feel it is time to make an announcement to the community.

I am coming out of retirement and I will be releasing a 4th server. EDIT: Name and Logo revealed.

Here are some early minor details I have in store for this new playground:

DONATIONS
- This server will not have a donation system.
- Sending me money as a gift for my services is 100% optional and appreciated.

BOXING
- The happy medium seems to be 3 boxing so this is my current plan.

BOTS
- I feel 2 bots would give players a party of 3 (holy trinity) for soloing most content if you don't like to box.
- 2 bots should also not cause a lot of stress on the server.

FEATURES I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
- EDIT: ROF2 client will be used for this server.
- I will be going back to the roots of my vision when I first released the original Varlyndria.
- I am going to release 5 class paths per normal class each with Tank, Healing, Control/Support, Non-Pet Dps and Pet Dps.
- The goal is to have 16 healers, 16 support/crowd control, 16 tanks, 16 pet dps and 16 non-pet dps paths for a large variety of grouping options and personal flavors.
- Pets will be DPS paths only. It will add that flavor if you desire it but healers, tanks, support and control will be pet-less unless their base class uses them.
- Total of 80 paths to play on launch. Be pretty much anything you want or can imagine.
- Original EQ stats are staying the way they are. There will not be a mess of 16,000,000 pet critical hits because of 3000 cha or 700 STR boosts. Numbers will be very low.
- The Ring, Bracer, Earring, Source and Charm system from Eriviyn is coming back for the class paths.
- These class path items will feature a special augmentation slot. The augmentations for path items will be quest/raid related per content updates to keep them BiS.
- When calculating damage/healing I will be using a lot of algorithms and be very careful. I am going to base my damage on a template and work from there.
- Players will have the option to have 3 path choices on 1 character to allow for versatility but leave room for replay value.
- Class paths will be restricted to that class. Example: There won't be necromancer/mage paths mixing up to create an unbalanced mess.
- No hand-me-outs. I want this 4th server to be a challenge and gear to come with hard work. Stats will also be very low.
- More focus on custom content to make things interesting and fresh.
- This server will be 100% PVE and will focus on progression.
- Players will have solo content but the top end gear will be raid progression and paths needing to work together.

The goal for server 4 is making it where everybody has the option to fit a role quickly so nobody has to wait around to find a tank, healer or support and just play the game
and have fun. This project is in starting development stages and could take several months to create. I will post another thread when I am much further along.

If you have any questions or comments please feel free to post them below.
Old 05-13-2016, 08:01 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Old 05-13-2016, 08:10 PM
Kailow
Sarnak

Disregard chrsschb's immature response, Drak. I for one am happy to see you back in the mood, because I like what you've done with the other servers you have made, I wasn't a fan of how it was run, per se.

For your client, I think you should be aiming for UF+, titanium I don't think has as much to offer as far as creative opportunities for you.

Honestly it sounds like it would be a really cool mix with all of these classes and subclasses, I really am looking forward to it. Just make sure you do us all a big favor and not burn yourself out too soon. We can wait.
Old 05-13-2016, 09:49 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

It's all good. I understand and respect his opinion. I am going to take my time on this new server and have fun with it. I know what I did wrong on a lot of stuff and have had almost 2 years to think about it. 80 paths is the largest scale project I have ever taken on but I know how to make it go by fast now. reloading spells without having to shut thimgs down etc. The idea of having a healer/tank/dps option for any class you choose sounds like freedom to me. I remember a lot of times in Eriviyn players were looking for a tank or healer for several minutes. This system should eliminate that completely I hope.
Old 05-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Durge
Sarnak

I'm happy you're back; you've made a lot of great servers, and I enjoyed each one. As long as it doesn't turn into an elitist player-enforced content-lock like earlier Eriv, then I'll be there.
Old 05-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Welcome back dude, long time no see.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and what makes an immature decision is telling someone their opinion is immature. Which is why I'm not saying your decision of telling chrsschb decision was immature, I'm just merely stating, don't be 'that guy' if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
Old 05-14-2016, 02:27 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Nice to see you back Drakiyth

Hope all is well with you and your family, good luck on the server.
Old 05-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

Welcome back Drak, Have fun with the new server.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:15 AM
Thorkinal
Sarnak

What's with the negativity Splose?
Old 05-14-2016, 02:52 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Nice to see you back Drakiyth

Hope all is well with you and your family, good luck on the server.
Thanks Nate! I'll need to jump on Skype and say hi soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerdgasm View Post
Welcome back dude, long time no see.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and what makes an immature decision is telling someone their opinion is immature. Which is why I'm not saying your decision of telling chrsschb decision was immature, I'm just merely stating, don't be 'that guy' if you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all.
Thanks man. Good to be here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorkinal View Post
Welcome back Drak, Have fun with the new server.
Thanks Thork. That's the plan.

EDIT: I have decided to go with the ROF2 client for the 4th server.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:02 PM
Castinonya
Fire Beetle

As always, I'll be there to give it a whirl.

- Wood
Old 05-14-2016, 03:49 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Welcome back Drak, good to hear that life has stabilized for you and that things are going well!

Good luck! You won't need it
Old 05-14-2016, 05:47 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Castinonya View Post
As always, I'll be there to give it a whirl.

- Wood
Nice to see you Wood!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
Welcome back Drak, good to hear that life has stabilized for you and that things are going well!

Good luck! You won't need it
Thanks Akkadius. Appreciate the support.

UPDATE: The server has an official name and logo I created for it now.

Old 05-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Aquaojo
Sarnak

WB Drak! Amped up to see the new vision come to life. I've enjoyed and learned a ton from tinkering with the Eriviyn server.

I for one would welcome a return to a more original Varyndria version. Of course, I also have always liked your donation systems as well. Either way, I'll be there!
Old 05-14-2016, 06:21 PM
GrayKitri
Fire Beetle

Default Welcome Back

Hey Drak,

Welcome back. It looks ambitious so hopefully it turns out as hoped!