Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Bug Reports

Development::Bug Reports Post detailed bug reports and what you would like to see next in the emu here.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:13 PM
Mizikezap
Fire Beetle

Default Item Desyncronization

Hi, I know there have been multiple threads related to Item Desyncronizations, but I haven't found any that spoke of how to solve it.

Is there a procedure to resolve this issue? Update the database using the database utilities?

I just started playing my private server and had my character flagged as a GM. The item sync occurred before I was level 6 when I placed an arrow into my ammo slot. It placed a coin in the slot and when I logged out, deleted the coin.

I have tried the following to try to get past this.

* I am using one of the arrows I found in the barrels in the tutorial
* Change the status of the character in the Account table to 0 instead of 255 to remove the GM flag
* Add the arrow to the ammo slot after changing the Status value. Still desyncs
* Manually add the arrow to the ammo slot (21) in the database by adding a row in the Inventory table. When the server restarts, it deletes this row
* Create a second server account that is not flagged as a GM account. Restart the server and log into both the Admin and non-admin account by launching 2 instances of the client. Create a new character. Hand this character an arrow and have them place it into ammo slot. The bug persists

I have summoned some items using the GM summon ability. I thought this might be the problem, but it persists across to the new account where no items have been summoned. I am willing to purge my Inventory table since I've only played a couple of hours. But if this could happen in the future I'd like a process that doesn't require me to blow away all my Inventory
Old 10-24-2018, 02:15 PM
Sturm
Hill Giant

Use a different arrow?
Old 10-24-2018, 02:19 PM
Mizikezap
Fire Beetle

Thanks, I should have mentioned that.

I originally used an arrow I summoned using the GM summon command. I got rid of that arrow and then tried with one I found in the instance as a drop.
Old 10-24-2018, 06:54 PM
Uleat
Developer

The summoned arrow most likely had a level restriction on it.

Unfortunately, the newer clients (UF+) allow an item to be placed into a slot regardless of this..I think
it has to do with membership levels and equipment staying in place - but, unusable.

You probably saw a yellow background for a split second before the resync action kicked in.

Will it be fixed? Most likely.

It's not high on my list atm due to it needing a complete rework of inventory methods.

I'd really like to 'probe' the client and see if it's possible to disable that 'feature' altogether.

We don't use membership and have no need to allow exceptions to item equip rules.

Any time you get a resync message, you should camp or zone immediately.

I added that code some time ago because the old method simply deleted the items.

The resync does help and there is a chance it will actually work as intended.

But, there is no guarantee and the only sure way to avoid item loss is to force a hard resync.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-25-2018, 12:09 AM
Mizikezap
Fire Beetle

Thank you very much for the reply. I'll be very careful in the future.
Old 10-25-2018, 08:25 PM
Soulquake
Fire Beetle

I've tried every arrow I can find, still puts copper coin in place. So no Ranged attack on my Ranger currently. Trying to poke around and see what is happening.
Old 10-28-2018, 12:29 AM
GlassDeviant
Sarnak

I've had a couple of resync events and been able to continue with no long term adverse effects for many hours, as long as it's not the one where a shared bank slot stack ( of 2+ items) becomes a stack of one item.

Had 100 shuriken in ranged slot and 35 in a bag, took 50 from private bank slot and sropped into inventory auto-sort (animated class logo in inventory screen), caused a resync but it left the 50 shuriken on my cursor and I was able to drop them on the stack of 35 in the bag.