Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-15-2010, 11:14 AM
Lop131
Fire Beetle

Default Berserker frenzy Question..

Hello

So im a bit confused on Frenzy, it seems Emu's is different then Live's, for instance on Live when you hit frenzy it would say something about frenzy and the damage, But in here it just says you slash the target " or w/e weapon type you have"

So this makes me think is the frenzy here just an extra attack? im curious about this because of the AA that increases Frenzy damage. if this is just an extra attack from your weapon then will the AA not give you Any extra damage?

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:09 PM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lop131 View Post
Hello

So im a bit confused on Frenzy, it seems Emu's is different then Live's, for instance on Live when you hit frenzy it would say something about frenzy and the damage, But in here it just says you slash the target " or w/e weapon type you have"

So this makes me think is the frenzy here just an extra attack? im curious about this because of the AA that increases Frenzy damage. if this is just an extra attack from your weapon then will the AA not give you Any extra damage?

Thanks in advance.
I'm not exactly sure, but I believe frenzy AAs are in at the moment. I can't remember who did it, but...

As for the damage type, yes, the message is incorrect, however, the glory of open source is that you can post a bug report saying that a feature is incorrect and we'll take a look at each individual case.

The bad thing about that is that unless someone reports it, it likely is going to stay broken. A lot of us are not active live players anymore (myself included) and we're not exactly certain what a lot of these new features are. Therefore, feedback from the community is crucial, and thanks for posting this by the way.

If you could post in bug reports in the development sections, then we'll take a look at it. Thanks.
Old 04-15-2010, 04:03 PM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

I second that. There are also few other special abilities\strikes like zerker and monks get which SUPPOSE TO be based of their weapon, rather that just produce a damage. So for example if you trying to hit a magic only target - it not suppose to work if your weapon is not magical