Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 01-04-2013, 05:06 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uleat View Post
I guess that you could say... "You're full of hot air?"

Hilarious.

You guys are making excellent progress on RoF compatibility, it's much appreciated.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:53 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Hey can we get list missing files need put in ROF for old zones would be a nice help me as i want start testing goign every zone see if all work ok?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 08:51 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
Hey can we get list missing files need put in ROF for old zones would be a nice help me as i want start testing goign every zone see if all work ok?

Thanks
You can start with the list of zones that no longer exist. Such as ecommons and commons, Freeport east and west, both Ro's and the oasis.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:03 PM
wolfwalkereci
Discordant

Haha that is awesome trev. Good thing someone was messing around on the test server and we know this is an issue.
I tried to play around but none of my keys would work. Couldnt open inventory, equip anything. I was able to run around which is what I wanted to do just to preview memory use.
Old 01-04-2013, 09:39 PM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

Well looks like I am not missing any them zones as I patched my old live ACC and have them old zone files.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:28 AM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FievelMousey View Post
Well looks like I am not missing any them zones as I patched my old live ACC and have them old zone files.
Please quit posting in this thread if you are not going to follow the instructions.

Testing against a client that was not a clean download from steam is not going to help anyone. Playing with said client is all fine and dandy, but when attempting to test development you really need to use the same setup as specified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfwalkereci View Post
Haha that is awesome trev. Good thing someone was messing around on the test server and we know this is an issue.
I tried to play around but none of my keys would work. Couldnt open inventory, equip anything. I was able to run around which is what I wanted to do just to preview memory use.
I had the same experience on my personal test server. WASD worked but a lot of the other key bindings did not.
Old 01-05-2013, 11:03 AM
lanystvyl
Sarnak

Great work so far on RoF, is there a thread for bugs? I am playing on the RoF test server, all of the things I noticed are already listed.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:50 PM
sorvani
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanystvyl View Post
Great work so far on RoF, is there a thread for bugs? I am playing on the RoF test server, all of the things I noticed are already listed.
If the bug is new to the RoF client and not a new feature not yet implemented, this is the thread for it. If the bug is not specific to the RoF client, then it belongs in a different thread or new post.
Old 01-06-2013, 02:30 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

on the programing code someones mind has slipped lol, example under patch you have Hot, and VoA remarked and RoF unremaked but not added to world clientlist.cpp stroll down to the bottom of the code. under world bot.h Rof was not added to the list typedef enum EqExpansions. So another words your using Sof coding for char creations ok i understand. i have been beating the guildlobby door down. since it's open code i fixed mine.
Old 01-06-2013, 05:00 AM
FievelMousey
Hill Giant

I found a bug if browsing a merchant and you dont click close just walk away can not view merchant stuff again. It acts like it not merchant click on they do not respond if just walk away.

Edit

I just reloaded UI and seems merchants work again and that is never been a issue in UF etc so needs see what causing that. I just think i found issue in POK i clicked the LDON adventure merchant it may be what caused that as it seems be issue caused problem. I have confirmed does that clicking Adventure Merchant may be because it not active yet just noticed that figured i post here.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:28 PM
trevius
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noport View Post
on the programing code someones mind has slipped lol, example under patch you have Hot, and VoA remarked and RoF unremaked but not added to world clientlist.cpp stroll down to the bottom of the code.
Yes, the #cvs command did not have VoA added to it. That has no affect on the client at all, it is just a GM command to get a count of who is on which client. Out minds didn't slip, it was just lower priority than stuff that actually affects the client. I went ahead and updated the #cvs today anyway.

Quote:
under world bot.h Rof was not added to the list typedef enum EqExpansions.
I am not really sure what that enum is used for, if anything. I updated it with VoA and RoF anyway, since you had me looking at it. Again, this has no affect on the RoF client.

Quote:
So another words your using Sof coding for char creations ok i understand. i have been beating the guildlobby door down. since it's open code i fixed mine.
I am not sure what you mean when you say we are creating chars with SoF code. < insert meme here >
Old 01-06-2013, 06:20 PM
sorvani
Dragon

1. If you get items backed up on the cursor queue, they are not pushed up after putting the first item in to inventory. You have to zone or camp/return for the next item to get pushed to the cursor. trying to summon a lore item when there is one backed up on the cursor does still fail but the in game message fails to show the item name correctly.

2. using #fi I noticed that the first 5 characters of the item link were missing. similar to how Titanium generated item links show up on SoF+ clients.

3. Guild lobby was revamped with HoT? for player housing and doors are not working. need to browse through the submissions and see if there is a newer collect to match things up
Old 01-06-2013, 06:38 PM
Robregen
Developer

I uploaded the HoT version of the guild lobby quite some time ago. they would be in the HoT folder of the log repository. Of course, we could just get a newer collect since guild lobby is accessed by everyone including silver members.
Old 01-06-2013, 06:45 PM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

I'll merge in the newest GL into PEQ and setup an instance to zone RoF clients to the new one.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Noport
Opcode Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorvani View Post
3. Guild lobby was revamped with HoT? for player housing and doors are not working. need to browse through the submissions and see if there is a newer collect to match things up
this needs added to server log file: World Client.cpp for housing address to work
OP_RealEsate=0x7eed] 12/12/12 [Size: 13644] Note: House RealEstate Address
needs added to Rof.conf
OP_HouseContents=0x1078 12/12/12
OP_HouseAddress=0x6786 12/12/12