Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-18-2009, 09:44 AM
Jobe123
Fire Beetle

Default Icelance V 2.0

Hello, I am in no way affiliated with the running of Icelance, however I am coming here to share my experience.

Icelance V 1.0 was a quite populated server focused on raiding and community events. This was a well put together server which was run by Kilralpine, a very astute and caring GM. He put many hours into the server and countless bugfixes to make it quite nice.

Icelance 2.0 is his newest iteration of an old favorite. The zones, progression, and well... everything is different except for the care he puts into his server.

Icelance 2.0 Server Info -

Custom Legit
2x Exp
3x AAxp
Custom leveling up to 70
Custom loot in every zone
Allows the use of #bot, limited however to one bot per a group.
over 20 well thought out custom quests.
Custom raid events (just starting, one implemented as of 7/18 )
Based on high end raiding, but a great server if you just want a custom legit server to have fun on.

I honestly can't say enough about this server, as well as its operator Kilralpine. Just geussing, but I usually see him on and working with his server for 4 - 5 hours nearly every day, adding content, tuning raids, fixing bugs.

Hopefully you have heard good things from your friends, or had good previous experiences on Icelance 1.0. But if you haven't there is not a single thing I can say that would describe this server other than "It is Fun".

So come in and check it out!
Old 07-21-2009, 03:09 PM
rathma01
Fire Beetle

I don't use the word unplayable a lot, but the lag on this server is crippling to the point of being unplayable. If you can stay connected for more than 5 minutes it's pretty fun though.
Old 07-21-2009, 08:13 PM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Im currently in florida ATM and its pretty hard to do router reboots/hub reboots at home from 10 hours away im working remotely to fix this issue; it is not a problem with the server software itself... its a problem with hardware or something... 0 world and 0 zone crashes... when im back to georgia the lag will definatly be fixed lol... if not before then
Old 07-21-2009, 08:39 PM
rathma01
Fire Beetle

That's good to hear. Outside of that the server is very fun to play on.
Old 07-21-2009, 11:26 PM
rantak
Fire Beetle

Im in georgia too and I may check it out when fixed.
Old 07-22-2009, 09:31 PM
rathma01
Fire Beetle

The lag appears to fixed now.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 PM
liquest
"Special" Member

WOAH WOAH WOAH!!!! are you serious Icelance is back?? i loved that server idk who knows me from it but im Tavish the ranger, i was the first person to join and the last to leave. that server im acually proud to say it but that server gave me no life it was that amazing =D but i quit the emulator but if its back ill come back for that server only. Kilralpine is a great person from what i could tell i remember the nights he would get absolutley no sleep what so ever working on the server alone making it perfect. but if its really back ill reinstall it right now and join the community again
Old 07-25-2009, 12:41 PM
Kilralpine
Sarnak

Were in beta atm, as its like a side project for me once again... with a couple of good ideas i decided to throw it back together ... Im shooting for quality this time... nice to cya tav
Old 07-27-2009, 05:54 PM
XateMe
Fire Beetle

Its definitely a thought.. I really did enjoy that server..

-Shai