Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:41 AM
Aldest
Sarnak

Default Highpass in SoF Rev461

I'm curious as to if this is an issue for anyone else. On my server you simply cannot get to highpass with the SoF client. This is revision 461. You get "unknown zone" when zoning over.

On titanium there is no issue at all. Anyone else seeing this?
Old 05-07-2009, 02:15 AM
trevius
Developer

Yeah, that isn't an issue with any particular revision, it seems to be an issue with the client itself. It crashed upon trying to zone via walking through the zone point. Though, later, after I moved my character out of the zone and logged back in, I was able to #zone there without an issue. So, maybe there is just a zone point issue that causes a problem somehow. Most likely it is something related to them adding in the new version of that zone when SoF was actually released.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Shendare
Dragon

I am reviving this slightly old thread because this could be an important issue.

For who knows what reason, they decided to remove the old version of Highpass from the client's hard-coded zone list with SoF. The files are still there, but the client isn't wired to access them anymore. This is the only zone they decided to remove.

End result for Emu: Titanium clients can only use the old Highpass. SoF clients can only use the new Highpasshold.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:49 AM
ChaosSlayerZ
Demi-God

the HighPass was replaced in Serpent's Spien expansion cause it acts as passage to Drakin lands.

Now my quetsion is - do you guys have problem zoning from Kithor/Karana into Highpass

OR

you have problem zoning from Highpass into Highhold Keep?

the reason I am asking is cuase Shendare said "Highpass Hold" - which kind of confusing which of the 2 zones he ment the "PASS" or the "HOLD KEEP"
Old 06-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Shendare
Dragon

Officially, the two zones are called "Highpass Hold" and "High Keep".

Some have referred to "High Keep" as "Highhold Keep" and some have referred to "Highpass Hold" as "Highhold Pass", but only the names above are correct.

The problem is that Zone #5 nicknamed "highpass" has been removed from the SoF version of eqgame.exe, so SoF players will not be able to zone into it, even though they have the S3D file on their computer. They will only be able to zone into the new version, Zone #407, nicknamed "highpasshold" to differentiate it.

Titanium users don't have Zone #407 in their eqgame.exe, nor do they have the highpasshold.eqg file, so they can't zone into the new version of Highpass Hold, only the old one.

And therein lies the problem.

- Shendare
Old 06-21-2009, 02:59 AM
trevius
Developer

Actually, after messing around a bit more, I was able to zone into the zone. It appears if you #zone into it, it works fine, but trying to use the zonelines normally is what causes the crash. Could be that the zone lines just need to be adjusted for the new version of highpass hold.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:14 AM
Shendare
Dragon

You sure you weren't running on Titanium? I type "#zone highpass" in SoF and nothing happens. Ditto with "#zone 5"
Old 06-21-2009, 04:17 AM
trevius
Developer

Oh yeah, I was referring to Highkeep. Can't get to the old highpass zone in SoF unless you copy the files over I guess. But the issue I was originally referring to was for highkeep lol. The new Highpass works well, but zone lines would need to be changed one way or another between the 2 clients for zoning to work properly. Might be able to make a client check addition for sending SoF clients to the new versions of zones in cases like this.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:09 PM
Vadeem
Fire Beetle

I'm stuck in unknown zone after trying to go to highpass on the SOF client. How do you move your character out of the zone outside of the game?
Old 01-20-2011, 01:24 PM
Phoenix06
Fire Beetle

So far, I've noticed this problem on the Underfoot Client with
Nektulos Forest
High Pass Hold
Bastion of Thunder

I'll add more if I find more; I'm also going to open a new support thread specifically on this "Unknown Zone" issue.
Old 01-20-2011, 01:47 PM
Derision
Developer

The problem with Bastion of Thunder is the Steam download does not include bothunder.s3d (and various other files). The only way around this is to copy this file from another client (Titanium/SoF/SoD or Live).
Old 01-21-2011, 06:14 AM
Secrets
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post
Oh yeah, I was referring to Highkeep. Can't get to the old highpass zone in SoF unless you copy the files over I guess. But the issue I was originally referring to was for highkeep lol. The new Highpass works well, but zone lines would need to be changed one way or another between the 2 clients for zoning to work properly. Might be able to make a client check addition for sending SoF clients to the new versions of zones in cases like this.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32928

If you need to use old highpass zone files, see this.