Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Rogean
Administrator

Oh boy >_>
Old 09-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Yeormom
Discordant

Popular demand + server availability sounds like winners to me. Just because a server is online doesn't deem high availability either, since things like roll backs tend to play a bigger role anyway. For example, I quit messing with the VTZ server after several significant roll backs because the database didn't get backed up before a major release or the release sneak attacks. :(
Old 10-21-2010, 09:51 AM
vile03
Fire Beetle

with servers getting bumped up to the gold status maybe there will be more room in the green area for Eqtitan and other serious long term servers
Old 10-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Versalin
Fire Beetle

ima just go out on a limb here but i dont think asking for or suggesting green status for a certain server will help much.
Old 10-22-2010, 08:38 AM
rizzen
Fire Beetle

I don't see anything wrong with someone requesting it be looked into. I am a player on EQTitan, I would love to see it moved up to green status. There is constant work/improvements done to the server and a great GM staff that is always there to help. Although I am not a member of the staff, I am however a dedicated player.

I am unsure what the criteria is for a green status, be it up time or player base but both are strong on Titan.

I am requesting that the possibility of EQTitan being moved to green status be considered.
www.destroyedlands.com
Old 10-25-2010, 07:34 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Just being clear from following both projects, a vast portion of that work/improvements is done by the PEQ team and then implemented on EQTitan. [Fabled's were done on PEQ, but not released due to balance issue. All EQTitan did was enable them. Same with GoD/LDoN stuff. Though the recent movement to redesign old events is good; I hope the new versions are actual improvements and can be committed to the PEQ Database.]

I think the fact that it is sometimes unclear if content was written by the EQTitan team or if it was simply PEQ content released before being tested and balanced enough to release on PEQ is one of the things that prevents EQTitan from getting acknowledge, due to a perception of rip-off material that is poorly credited. [Not necessarily a true perception, just a perception]

Just a hypothesis from watching both servers develop. And I will fully admit I don't exactly know how much is going on behind the scenes. I just watch the change log for things submitted by Titan/Green and don't see much. Perhaps there is back-passing of information that is not shown there, in which case, my apologies for misunderstanding the situation.
Old 01-16-2011, 07:20 PM
airtalking
Fire Beetle

PEQ develops their database for other servers to use... so who cares if EQTitan even gets 100% of their content from PEQ; I mean.. that IS the point of it isn't it?

Furthermore, why does their content source have anything to do with being a preferred server. Players have obviously already "voted" them as a preferred server as is pretty damn evident by the size of their player base. As of posting this they have more accounts logged in than ALL 7 of the preferred servers. They actually have more than twice as many accounts logged in as the top preferred server.