Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 05-20-2014, 02:14 AM
knowom
Discordant

Default DZoneconverter

Here's a neat little tool I just discovered tonight created by Windcatcher found here source included.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/eqem...se_mirror=osdn

So why is this tool so neat? It's got all kinds of great applicable uses and features built into it. Combined with some other great tools such as S3Dspy and some of the newer tools like WLD Editor Suite, EQG Weapon Model Importer, and constantly evolving improving programs such as Blender & Gimp you can do a lot of stuff with it especially with evolving improving advancing computers and GPU's today.

I'm far from a expert with it, but I all ready see it's immense potential. For example you can export s3d files as .OBJ files which can then be imported into the free open source 3D modeling program Blender to import go to file<import<wavefront then direct it to select a .OBJ file you've exported with DZoneCoverter.

Now other things it can do is show you zone geometries and their X, Y, Z coordinates. It also will show animations of s3D character models. It lists static model names in s3d files so you can say look at the 3d geometry model of a troll head, or other stuff.

Yup this program is pretty sweet, but will it blend? Why yes it will! I give this program two thumbs up.

Here's a screenshot of a froglok 3D model inside Blender.

Now here's some neat AddModifier fun you can do with it Blender. I used one called Wave which as you might guess distorts the 3D model like like a ocean wave basically. Here's some examples of what it can do with the froglok model.

Rhino Froglok

Happy (presumably Asian) Froglok

Sad Froglok
Old 05-20-2014, 06:38 PM
knowom
Discordant

I thought I'd try out some of the textures I created and made with GIMP from scratch found here free to download and use on the imported 3D model just to see how they'd look.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1Y...wyQlJMZDA/edit

Anyway this is how some of that looks.

Old 02-07-2016, 11:07 AM
everquest1
Fire Beetle

Thanks for this. Is there a way to bring in the textures for each model too? I am hoping to export some npc and player race models +animations from EQ along with a few key zones and make a eq themed FPS on one of the open source engines like Saurbraten.