Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Tools

Development::Tools 3rd Party Tools for EQEMu (DB management tools, front ends, etc...)

Old 01-06-2016, 05:49 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Default EQEMU Patcher

Github Sourcecode Link
My Initial Alpha Release

Yep, yet another one.

I started this because I was tired of trying to figure out why players I group with couldn't get into zones, why their version is seeing human models, and trying to figure out if my vanilla copy Everquest was truly clean and finally once patched, if it's in sync with what the developers wanted me to see.

What am I doing differently?

I'm working on a way to MD5 Checksum every single critical file of every client version so if your files are out of sync, you are at least informed of it. I'm debating to what level I'll allow users to download client files (Feel free to give me input about this, and what extent I can offer files).

Oh, it's also open source for the patcher, meaning you're free to help fix bugs or take over the project later.

When I mentioned what I was after, Akka noted that the previous launcher hasn't been updated in a while, and the source code isn't available to him, so on top of the above situation, I may take the process the previous one was offering with server-based files in an easy to access patcher.

How can I help?

Note that my alpha is READ ONLY, and will not modify or affect any files

Post a reply in here if you enjoy this direction. You can also check out my alpha release, and follow the directions it shows.
- I'll try to guess your eqgame.exe version, if I fail, it'll give you a md5 i'd love to see along with your client version
- I have a scan option, where I scan every file in your EQ directory and md5 it, and ask you to toss it to my github issue area for me to process. (Issues Link Here)

Thanks for your attention.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-06-2016, 10:18 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

This looks very useful. I will test it out later. Thanks Shin.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:02 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

How's this project going?
Old 01-25-2016, 03:23 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Still being worked on. https://github.com/Xackery/eqemupatcher/commits/master

since it's a passion project, when friends urge me to hop on a private server, or what they want from my little project server i'm doing, can be tough to keep focus. Thanks for asking though, knowing people care makes me know it's worth putting more effort in. (I have concerns this is not super useful since there's so many custom patchers out there anyways).

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-14-2016, 08:13 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

A very cool project. Watching this with interest.
Old 02-15-2016, 10:20 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Oh wow, glad you started this. When I get back to work this week I will download the source and check it out.
Old 02-15-2016, 05:00 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

It's purely written in C#, I should put more effort since people are showing interest. I thought the idea was good and useful for everyone, since while I do not promote people using downloaded copies of clients, I imagine it happens, and at least this tool can give some reassurance you're not getting more than just vanilla client, due to the files being checksum'd. (And no, this tool does NOT download any files, it only sees if the checksum matches a vanilla copy.)

As well as, before applying a patch for a server, the owners of that server can test it with a common starting point (checksum the vanilla copy).

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 02-16-2016, 11:58 AM
jpyou127
Discordant

I like this, alot.

Celestial
Old 03-16-2016, 09:26 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

So, I have it where it can assist with the eqgame concerns (you run this, and hit play, it will find eqgame.exe and do the patchme flags etc). Can click image to get a release download link.

The scanner is still in the works, this isn't my highest priority but figured i'd show there is progress on it.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 06-19-2017, 02:28 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

necro posting here.
Been about a year.

I have a working prototype now.

If you're a server owner and are interested in beta testing this project, lemme know.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 06-19-2017 at 07:39 PM..
Old 06-19-2017, 06:18 PM
Mortykins
Hill Giant

Raid Addicts would be interested in that, anything I can to do help new players get things synced up as far as our custom spells and etc go the better.

Morty
Old 06-20-2017, 04:32 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

Yeah, as we discussed, I'm definitely interested as well. The homegrown solution I came up with using rsync isn't as seamless as that shit.
Old 01-06-2018, 07:24 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

It seems a couple folks have been using this and enjoying it, so I updated the README with instructions. I'll update the original topic with some updated details.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 01-31-2019, 10:28 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Anyone tried to get this working lately?

I attempted it last night and didn't get very far.

filelistbuilder:
- filelistbuilder directory with filelistbuilder exe and /rof/ subdirectory
-- /rof/ subdirectory with filelistbuilder.yml (updated with prefix url) and a test file

When I run filelistbuilder exe it quickly opens a console that closes immediately, no files are generated.

eqemupatcher:
- downloaded the latest release and follow instructions, updated the server name and patch url, unblocked a file that kept getting flagged (MainForm.resx)
-- When I try to Test Release (per instructions) I get "There were build errors would you like to continue?"
--If I choose yes I get a "Just My Code Warning"

And if I hit continue debugging I get these errors:

Code:
Severity	Code	Description	Project	File	Line	Suppression State
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\IniLibrary.cs	7	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\IniLibrary.cs	8	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	11	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	11	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	12	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'YamlDotNet' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	12	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'DeserializerBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	125	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CamelCaseNamingConvention' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	125	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'DeserializerBuilder' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	466	Active
Error	CS0246	The type or namespace name 'CamelCaseNamingConvention' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)	eqemupatcher	E:\EQEmu Patcher\EQEmu Patcher\MainForm.cs	466	Active
Warning		Could not resolve this reference. Could not locate the assembly "YamlDotNet, Version=4.2.1.0, Culture=neutral, processorArchitecture=MSIL". Check to make sure the assembly exists on disk. If this reference is required by your code, you may get compilation errors.	eqemupatcher			
Warning		The referenced component 'YamlDotNet' could not be found.	eqemupatcher
Old 01-31-2019, 10:41 AM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

I pushed up a new version that should resolve your above challenge. I'm also talking to you via discord to see about helping out.

Note that eqemupatcher is a relatively advanced tool to get initially set up.

Once configured, however, it is made to be easy to maintain.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com

Tags
eqemu patcher