Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:11 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Default A work in progress - Non-Legit PEQ

This is a server for everyone who wants to play around with the PEQ DB (read Live), but doesn't want to have to put up their own server.

It is hosted on a fairly beefy server (see this) and is currently running 50 dynamic zones.

The server forums are located here and have a lot of the more specific information, like what zones are available, what commands are available (not listed yet, but some examples are #zone, #summonitem, #finditem, #level, #setaapts, plus some others) and what works/doesn't work. In addition, I will be integrating some useful tools, like item search functionality, character viewers, and other things via a web page so that you can see what else is going on with the server.

Once I can get CVS up and running, I will start updating quests & the DB to CVS on a regular basis so everything stays up-to-date.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post them on the server forums.

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 02-06-2008, 07:44 AM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

very nice.

also how do i enter the planes? or do i need to flag myself up from scratch?

thanks
Old 02-06-2008, 12:01 PM
AndMetal
Developer

It's currently Planar Progression required (so you have to go through the quests).

Old 02-07-2008, 12:24 AM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

oh ok....

its the same quests as on Live?

hmm are they tuned to be solo-able? or do i need to LFG?
Old 02-07-2008, 04:53 AM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

oh ya and what expansions do we have till? =)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:13 AM
AndMetal
Developer

It's pretty much a straight PEQ Ykesha DB/Quests pull (only changed the required level on 70+ items to 70 so they can be equipped), but you can summon items, set your level, set your AA points, etc. I'll be opening up the rest of the zones relatively soon, but they won't have quests, factions, etc until PEQ is at that point.

Because you can equip a level 70 character with equip much better than what was available during PoP, a lot of the quests shouldn't be TOO difficult, but can be a little interesting to say the least

Old 02-07-2008, 11:22 PM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

are the PoJ trials bugged currently? I would like to flag myself for PoValor =)
Old 02-13-2008, 07:14 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarain View Post
are the PoJ trials bugged currently? I would like to flag myself for PoValor =)
Fixed this within the past few days. There are some bugs with the higher flags (Bertox, HoHb), but they are being discussed in the forums.

Old 04-18-2008, 06:34 AM
AndMetal
Developer

For those who come around to the server, I though it might be worth mentioning that I finally added a spell scriber, which I know everyone has been DYING for

Here's a link to the post about it on the forums.

Old 04-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Xarain
Fire Beetle

would like to add that the flagging process for planes of power is really fun.

on that topic AndMetal > are the HOH trials fixed? =)
Old 04-20-2008, 06:24 AM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarain View Post
are the HOH trials fixed? =)
It looks like they should be now, but they still need to be tested.

Old 04-20-2008, 06:51 AM
AndMetal
Developer

I just tested it out, and the trials are working (although there might be some general aggro issues making it trivial at the moment).

Old 04-21-2008, 03:23 PM
vittorioaja@hotmail.com
Fire Beetle

zzzzz 70+ gear is broken, don't use it. all new item with graphic previously in the game works fine (like osh`vir, or random solteris or FC raid weapon), but high end raid weapon with custom graphic that you guys can't display (like embershank or sharpened talons of the lycanthrope) seem to cause a lot of porblem...

many many crashes on fridge's random loot server because of all the whack equipment that shouldn't be in circulation

just think about it, this gear was written to be used on the current eqlive client.... eq titanium uses archaiac eqclient and lacks even simple graphic option like radial flora that eqlive has now. another thing old client doesn't have is streaming item texture option.... i imagine that's how you guys can't get a graphic for embershank or STotL

i'd say stop worrying about loot from content you can't even play in and fix what you've got, first
Old 04-21-2008, 03:38 PM
vittorioaja@hotmail.com
Fire Beetle

why would you go thru the trouble of all this for non-legit? you gonna update quests when ppl can summon all item? only have up to LoY zone, too, so only faction for velious and you only can faction velious with one quest, really... and why would anybody faction velious in the first place if they can summon item from TSS expansion? seem the only point of quest here is for flag, and that's not very many quests...

sorry if it's rude i just don't understand. seem like you're gonna torture yourself....... QQ
Old 04-21-2008, 05:59 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vittorioaja@hotmail.com View Post
why would you go thru the trouble of all this for non-legit? you gonna update quests when ppl can summon all item? only have up to LoY zone, too, so only faction for velious and you only can faction velious with one quest, really... and why would anybody faction velious in the first place if they can summon item from TSS expansion? seem the only point of quest here is for flag, and that's not very many quests...

sorry if it's rude i just don't understand. seem like you're gonna torture yourself....... QQ
I think my post on the server's forums pretty much sums it up:
Quote:
To be frank, my intention for the server was never really to make custom content, but rather give others a place to mess around with EQEmu with the latest version of PEQ by making it non-legit (#summonitem, #level, etc). Not everyone wants to go through all of the steps to create a server, just to be able to have a little fun with the high-end content, although I try to leave explanations for bug fixes, etc, so that way if someone DOES want to, they don't have to reinvent the wheel to do so Smiley

I originally made it as more of a testbed for myself, as well as a place for a few local people to play on, although it seems to have become a little more than that (610 accounts with a total of 1222 characters as I am writing this since I put the server up around 9/30/07).

I know PEQ is getting pretty close to having the elemental planes & PoTime up and running, but PoTime is basically one big quest, which takes quite a bit to not only code but figure out logistically. Once PEQ has this updated, I will make sure it is updated to the server.

If you're wanting to help out with getting the Elemental Planes & PoTime running properly, I would recommend checking out PEQ's site. Not only would it help to get the zones up and running, but it helps for a lot of others out there as well Smiley
If anything, this is more or less an unofficial test server for PEQ. As a result, the players on the server have helped uncover several issues with quests and spawns in the PEQ DB, including wizardanim fixing up the HoH trials, which now work pretty well.

As for your first post, I'm not sure if that really has anything to do with the server. The fact is that the client doesn't have the models & graphics files for the newer items, although you can patch in the item icons manually. You can still use the items, minus the spells & effects.