Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 05-01-2018, 07:59 AM
Dongkey
Fire Beetle

Sad, the server had tons of potential and Mist really did a great job. Wouldn't blame him if he got tired though, same old people complaining night and day about their characters probably got to him. Last few days was all about "Im missing 50 levels, 500 AAs, and that super rare sword that only Cakes has been able to get" lol.
Old 05-01-2018, 02:33 PM
MaleFactorX
Fire Beetle

I really enjoyed the server too. I had so much fun on there. What I most enjoyed was the ability to SOLO nearly everything by myself. That's the kind of server I find very fun. Optional groupage, solo most content, with some custom loot.

I have been contemplating creating a server that is similar in design, but with a different flavor theme. I'm still a noobie at navigating the database structure, but I'm willing to learn bit by bit. Anyway, hopefully, another solo server will soon appear and be really good like Midgard.
Old 05-01-2018, 04:26 PM
jonnyx32
Fire Beetle

Early Monday morning there was a little chatter on Discord about the warping and the disregard for other players on the server. Mist's last post before I went to bed had me thinking I'd be waking up to a river of crocodile tears about bans and such. I never would have thought the whole server would be scrapped.

This was one of the best servers I've played on in a long time. Such a shame.
Old 05-02-2018, 05:14 PM
curtisbax
Fire Beetle

Default Bringing it back

Is it a money issue with the server? if so my old computer has been sitting around doing nothing/off for the past 2 years or so.. I'd be willing to use it as a server if that is possible for Midgard. No idea if it's capable so here are the specs https://imgur.com/a/jPNYzO5

I'd definitely just let the server keep running when I quit unless no one played there anymore at all, even then I might leave it up. I have no idea anything about how to run/set up a server though, so would probably need someone to teamviewer in to take care of that as well unless it's easy.(I set up a custom ark server on it for me and my friends at one point but that's easy stuff)