Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 03-30-2018, 02:50 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Back on my live days, I worked several tradeskills, mostly continuous needs to sell,
potions, arrows, etc. At one point, I had two baz mules going trying to keep up on
weekends. Most times, I went to sleep and the mules were sold out when I woke up.
Potions were the worst to keep up with. I had my regular banks and guild bank slots
filled with bags of components and potions stocked up, while trying to keep room for
summoned pet gear and some jewelry after my chanter started doing that, haha
Old 04-08-2018, 12:52 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

bazaar is a lesson in free market economies..

you monopolize a sector and resell at high prices.. works like a charm and you spend way less time relative to same levels of profits doing anythign else.

don't be a day laborer on an MMO. it's the most inefficient way to make money.

in a video game it is fine, but in real life you are a monster when you are guilty of such behaviour. literally conjuring money from nothing by being a useless middle man. i.e. the vast majority of wall street in real life.

proven strategy, if you can handle a few simple concepts about economics and just a modicum of common sense. nothing makes money easier.. although you clearly cannot do it with a low population emu server.. wow-cataclysm xpac, last i played, i made 2-5k gold a day and i spent less than 5minutes maintaining 'stock' by buying out the competition. i don't think i ever dipped below 100k in bank and i spent like a drunken sailor and twinked numerous characters. i'd even buy friend's flyiing skill up through master. was 8-10k just for that at that time. money to burn, why not...

i never ramped up.. once you have 100k + you start buying and reselling more expensive stuff. even more profits and you ding the rich people instead of the poor people... but i had enough and was content.

if p99 has a bazaar you could definitely do it there. just need ~100 or more unique people and a reason to go to the bazaar, which isn't the case on all servers. on live, even easier.
Old 04-08-2018, 01:43 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokey98 View Post
you start buying and reselling more expensive stuff.
I was never into the "buy and sell" business on Live (14 years ago). I really loved tradeskills
and still do, as well as many other things in the game, that is no longer desired by many.
Today's game is a lot of "get leveled ASAP" priority. Too boring for me. I need variety.
Back on Live days, I even saw players who would stand around Baz for hours, spamming
the auction channel, but I wouldn't park my toons there unless I was going to bed, haha
I just wanted to make money with trades, and use that to finance toons along the way.
Old 04-29-2018, 11:29 AM
jia_jacky
Sarnak

Do I need some patches for rof2 client if I improt NLair2016 DB?
Thanks for any information.
Old 04-29-2018, 12:26 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

No, you don't
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
got it all updated to work with current binaries.[/URL]
Old 05-04-2018, 06:31 AM
Thalix
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
Thought I got rid of most of the old junk laying around, but found that old download of Maze_EQ's Nagafen Lair, (his last DB dump from 2016), so I cleaned it up and got it all updated to work with current binaries. (db version set at 9122), as well as running the
quest heading conversion script.
Grumpy, thanks for your work. Do you know if this DB has a working Nektulos Forest Classic Zone, so not the revamped version? With the PEQ DB, the mobs are misplaced and they partially fall from the sky.

Maybe the DB even has a working Lavastorm Classic?

Many Thanks
Old 05-04-2018, 10:58 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Sorry Thalix, I really have no idea. I didn't play around with it much.