Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2008, 01:13 PM
Drizztwbcr
Fire Beetle

Default Agree

I agree with Tae. This is a great server, keep up the good work.!!!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 AM
billiameo
Sarnak

Default Server capacity

So I'm curious, with your latest update of some serious hardware, what do you think your maximum capacity is?
Old 04-25-2008, 09:33 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Hmm... interesting question. Honestly, I couldn't say. I think we've peaked around 150ish, but I don't think that's a hardware related hardcap. I think we could probably hold a couple hundred more with our current server - assuming that we don't have 350 in the same zone.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)
Old 05-04-2008, 08:41 PM
korg
Fire Beetle

Default this server is horrible

This server started off decent till end game all casters suck, you pretty much have to be a melee and box a wiz/druid for ports and i wouldnt pvp anyone till you get in a guild cause since its a pvp server and you pvp people they take offense to it greatly and have alot of problems when you kill them you get alot of /whispers to you. The GMs suck it took them 24hrs to do a roll back cause they couldnt figure how in the world to do it. It takes them weeks sometimes months to get back to you when your missing items which happend to me atleast 20x and the GMs work with certain people to get other people in trouble its chaos. The pvp balance sucks ass its horrible they just keep nerfing one class after another and no maps are enabled its far from classic pvp. This is just a corrupt server i would never go back to it
Old 05-04-2008, 11:35 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

i dont normally post much but as a nobody with 0 friends on TZVZ but having played there several weeks i feel Korgs post is unfair to the creators of the server.

the server is HARD. EQ was never_built_for_pvp (people constantly forget this!) and the gents running this server do work their tails off to make things as balanced as they can.

this server is not for everyone. if you are thin-skinned you probably should stay away. <---please really consider this last statement as more people are thin-skinned than they realize. However, if you are tough enough and charismatic enough to make new friends you can have LOADS of fun here as the pvp is extremely active and does change over time so as not to get tootoo stale.

i havent played there lately so save the allegations of favoritism, i assure all that none there has any clue nor cares who i am, GTA4 just came out so ive been balls deep in that lately and playing eq none whatsoever. but the server really can be a blast.
Old 05-04-2008, 11:56 PM
korg
Fire Beetle

If you play this server just dont kill anyone and no one will have a problem with you but if you end up killing someone you will end up getting the ol /ooc drama which leads to alot of things. Ive played EQlive for 6-7yrs now and this is probly the most annoying server ive played on. People CC like mad on here, the rules of LNS-loot n scoot are not backed inless the friend of the GM whines about it, ive been ninja looted by alot of people on here, trained, ive came up alota missing items that ive camped for hours and GMs do nothing overall i rate this server 100% gay. I do agree give it a try but msg me when your done .
Old 05-05-2008, 12:13 AM
tekken
Fire Beetle

Default i got banned for false reasons

horrible service and banned for being accused of sending someone a email of MQ which is lies!!!! i would never come back to this server
Old 05-05-2008, 12:55 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tekken View Post
horrible service and banned for being accused of sending someone a email of MQ which is lies!!!! i would never come back to this server
I just started playing there a few weeks ago myself and havent had many interactions with the GMs. My biggest complaint is every patch has been a nightmare of some sort and they seem to do them on Friday nights so basicly ruining prime time for half the weekend.

This last patch had peoples corpses disappearing, then warp detector going off rampantly and then you were getting constant messages about your being reported for hacking even though you were just running around. With all this and this post at CoV about their tendency to ban people if the GM has PMS, it doesnt seem like it worth continuing to time into this server to just end up being banned for the the slightest slight or no appearant reason at all.

http://www.crusadesofvoracity.com/fo....php?f=11&t=42

When things are running fine, its a decent server though. Although, the previous post about it being slanted heavily toward melees in PvP is true, but they did finally fix the LoS advantage that melees had with arrows, so the server is a work in progress for sure. Also, the renerfed melee damage, so casters are living longer than 2 rounds now.

But no kinds of work is going to fix what sounds like a fascist GM system.

Ducking for the incoming ban stick.
Old 05-16-2008, 12:37 PM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by korg View Post
The GMs suck it took them 24hrs to do a roll back cause they couldnt figure how in the world to do it. It takes them weeks sometimes months to get back to you when your missing items which happend to me atleast 20x and the GMs work with certain people to get other people in trouble its chaos. The pvp balance sucks ass its horrible they just keep nerfing one class after another and no maps are enabled its far from classic pvp. This is just a corrupt server i would never go back to it
There's never (ever) been an issue with us not knowing how to do a roll back (rolling back is the easy cop-out way to go), but unfortunately we have more than just you to tend to, and we don't take rollbacks lightly (in fact we've only had to do 1 in the past 6 months, I think we did 2 rollbacks when the server first started back in August). So yes, we try to do everything in our power to correct an issue without forcing a rollback on the whole population. If that causes you great angst, I am sorry that we try to be thorough, rather than knee-jerking database rollbacks - that's just how we run the server. The issue that you are referring to was related to a corrupt inventory table in MySQL, and in the end we ended up having to do a roll back anyway - shit happens, and we do our best to minimize its impact on the players and the community.

I assure you that the GMs on the server are not corrupt, by any stretch. In order to get any power on the server, you've got to pass a background check that's more strenuous than the FBI, so save that whiney shit for a server where it's a legit complaint. The only complaints about our support staff is that we actively hunt down and ban hackers - and yes, we are aware that 90%+ of the players on eqemu hack. We just don't permit it on our server, if that bothers you, please don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

The rest of your post was just incoherent whining, so I will ignore those. If you had legit issues, you could have easily posted them to our forums and gotten your issues addressed. If that's too much effort from you, then why even waste the time to post a rant about the server? My guess is that you got banned for hacking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by korg
People CC like mad on here, the rules of LNS-loot n scoot are not backed inless the friend of the GM whines about it, ive been ninja looted by alot of people on here, trained, ive came up alota missing items that ive camped for hours and GMs do nothing overall i rate this server 100% gay.
I'm sorry that you skinned your knee, and that we didn't have 5 Guides online during your euro-raid hours, but our support staff is extremely active, and responsive - so I call bullshit on this too. This is actually the first post I've seen about our guides being non-responsive, like I said - chances are, you got banned for hacking, so you're trying to pass off your embarrassment as concerns about the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNWatchdog
But no kinds of work is going to fix what sounds like a fascist GM system.
I specifically remember banning your 10+ level 50 accounts myself, so yet again... I have a hard time gathering usable feedback from this post.

Banned players bitching about the server - there's a shock. Excuse me while I go find a grain of salt.

The bottom line is: If you want to be able to use 3rd party apps to play semi-legit on a "legit" server, then don't come to Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek; you will just end up getting banned, losing all of your progress, then lashing out at the server with hate posts on the eqemulator.net forums. If you can manage to play EQ without using Macroquest, then you'll probably have fun here.

If the server was corrupt, then no one would play on it - clearly, that is not the case. And as far as CoV, it's a who's who of banned VZ/TZ players - you guys would probably like it there.

Dax

Former ServerOp - Vallon Zek / Tallon Zek Emu Server - Legit / Guild PvP - (2007 - 2011 RIP)

Last edited by TheLieka; 05-16-2008 at 08:59 PM..
Old 05-19-2008, 12:55 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

As far as I can tell, I was banned because you guys got a petition from a douchbag newby and probably his butt buddies who had been recently invite to the guild who I told to go fuck themselves when they started blathering on about them thinking some even newer newby to the guild should be getting some loot. Id been in line for said item for MONTHS before any of them even started on the server.

Evidently for a time before the banning I was watched by GMs because of that petition and the only thing said before the banning was We THINK Youre Using MQ. Even though in weeks of watching the best they could come up with is They Think.

When Null , a GM, confronted me about targetting a mob he couldnt figure out how I targetted the mob, I showed him how, which basicly put him on the spot for being an idiot and thus required me getting banned. Its hardly rocket science that the target box for mobs are much larger than the mob itself.

As for having more than 10 toons, what else is there to do on your server. 18 hours of the day, theres barely enough people on to form a group, so leveling toons and farming gear for them is what there is to do on the off hours. Plus, its fun to try different classes out. Something not worth bothering to do on live because of the huge leveling time.

You had people purposely crashing zones on another guilds raid for HOURS, people corpse camping people, etc and the most they got was a whole week suspension and nothing I ever did deserved what happened. As far as I know, I never even had anyone but those selfish fucks petition about me ever.

So yes, you might see why people bitch about you guys. You make unfounded snap decisions and then make sure noone knows about it by making sure they cant even plead their case on the forums.

Unlike most the people on your server, I spent countless hours writing suggestions, reporting bugs and working with GMs and certainly didnt deserve the treatment I got.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:45 PM
John Adams
Demi-God

I love PVPers.
Old 05-24-2008, 03:04 PM
Tornsys
Fire Beetle

Ive had difficulty with logging in while my roommate is dual boxing his monk/shaman, we've decided its likely that this server wont allow more than 2 of the same IP to connect to the server, is there any way around this so that I can also play with him and another friend on the server?
Old 05-27-2008, 09:53 AM
TheLieka
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornsys View Post
Ive had difficulty with logging in while my roommate is dual boxing his monk/shaman, we've decided its likely that this server wont allow more than 2 of the same IP to connect to the server, is there any way around this so that I can also play with him and another friend on the server?
Yep, tell your roommate to stop dual boxing so you guys can play together. We put this limitation in place to foster the teamwork and comradery on which EQ communities are built. It's worked pretty damn well so far; I hope you guys enjoy your stays. =)

Dax

Old 05-28-2008, 05:43 PM
Throttle
Fire Beetle

I played here for about two weeks or so last month. As far as server stability and playability, it's pretty good. Not too far from the original game in regards to content, with the exception of massive exp boosts in dungeons, and the database seems pretty accurate for a server based on PEQ. I got to about level 40 with two characters and never participated in PvP a whole lot - the constant moaning, gloating, whining, name-calling and harrassing in /ooc was a fierce discouragement. I actually stopped playing because of this, fully expecting that if I didn't join one of the elite guilds, my PvP career would consist of a lot of ganking and CR-killing coming my way, as well as some very one-sided fights against people in dragon/planar gear. This is no different from Live, however, so I suppose it's only a bad thing if you're a more casual player.

There seems to be some massive class imbalance issues. While I haven't participated enough in PvP to speak from experience, common sense and forum-reading gives me a clear impression that certain classes are utterly dominant while others are practically unable to ever win a fight. This, again, was pretty much the case in Live as well, but since this server is clearly not trying to stick to canon in regards to its PvP balancing, I think it's a shame that it doesn't do a better job in this department. Resists have been messed up for as long as I can read back, melee damage has gone from insane to lousy and possibly back again, and it appears that certain classes are so useless that literally nobody plays them - I did at no point in my time playing there see a single bard or cleric.

Most of this server's playerbase is the core of the hardcore PvPers (and gankers and griefers, often but not always the same individuals) from the four original EQ PvP servers. Such concepts as "honor" and "pride" are laughed and scoffed at by most, and it usually has a very bitter mood about it. I could count on playing for a full two minutes before seeing my first "thanks for killing me on CR, fa**ot" or "lol Soandso zoneplugged, f***ing tw*t" and other such loveliness on the global OOC.

Having played for a long time on the original Sullon Zek, I am certainly not averse to less polite methods of conducting PvP, but I have never seen people so eager to grief or to avoid death on a server where there are no real consequences for losing or rewards for winning. There apparently was itemloot at one point, and there seems to be some discussion of implementing moneyloot or something else. As much as I enjoyed dirty PvP back when I had the time to put in for endless chains of CRs and corpse campings, I don't like it when served with a side dish of unplayable balance failure and a playerbase of which the majority will gleefully spend hours dunking your head in the proverbial toilet. It's just not for everyone, and I grew out of it when the Live PvP servers died. On SZ at least, and possibly on other Zeks where I didn't play, it served some purpose or illusion thereof.
Old 05-29-2008, 12:50 AM
MNWatchdog
Hill Giant

Throttle, although I cant disagree with everything you said, I have to give this Emu credit for actually being FAR more fair PvP wise between classes than Live ever was.

On live, casters are worthless in PvP, especially Enchanters, because theres so much resistance on every piece of gear making all spells resisted. I played on SZ too, and it had been years since any half way decent geared player didnt resist most every spell cast on them.

VZTZ has definately moved from class to class being far superior to most every other class, but class total superiority has largely been eliminated.and surely will continue to be worked on when needbe; something Live never bothered to deal with. So, I have to totally disagree with you saying theres massive class imbalance.

Peoples biggest bitch lately has been Mages being overpowered, which just happens to be my main, and I can tell you that the real issue is most people dont know about to PvP a Mage and it has little to do with Mage superiority. Theres litterally only 1 person on there who does it right and I dont even bother to try challenge him.

There was a time I was virtually the only mage on the server as they were so broken, Earth pet didnt root, pets moved so slow they couldnt catch a snail, etc. Luckily, these things have been fixed and made mages viable in PvP finally but certainly not the kill all people whine about.

You mention resists. Theyre far better than live IMO and have been adjusted several times in the past and probably will be again in the future. Personally, I think its already starting to be to easy to resist spells, but if these resist levels were on live, casters wouldnt have a chance of landing a spell There was a time when melee to caster PvP was really pointless for casters and the total played caster base consisted of only about 5%. These changes to resists were needed to give casters any sort of chance and there has been a reasonable increase in players playing casters now.

You are correct about the player base though. This is as hard core as SZ was and is not the server for the feint of heart. But then again, the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice.

I do wish they would change how PvP CR is handled so people who die in PvP would just pop with their corpses. I think this would fix a lot of issues and certainly the lame CR griefers. PvP servers tend to have a higher percentage of jerks and this server definately confirms that.

As for OOC, some people just cant help themselves/shut up. Eventually it all just becomes white noise and you barely even pay attention.

As for Griefers, I think once Kunark opens up, the Griefers will have better things to do for quite a while, plus the fish bowl will a lot larger and a LOT more tedious to just run around griefings as theres lots more places to hang and a lot less near by ports. To say nothing of the fact that zones are a lot larger so being able to surprise people will be a lot tougher.

Clerics were just arent a great PvP class. Their spells just dont have a lot of punch and their melee isnt much help. They are a bitch to kill though. Bards on Emu are just broken. Their DOTs hit their group members as well as other issues Im sure, so theyre just not played. Theyre a good PvE class on Emu, but PvP wise theres just to many issues Im guessing. They really werent a good PvP class until after like Luclin anyways.

Basicly, just hang in there. Things will get better.