Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-30-2017, 04:32 PM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

Default New Server (My first)

Planning to make a Luclin era classic server (mostly). I am thinking about omitting The Bazaar or possibly adding custom merchants that sell simple items (Bone Chips, Silk, etc) at a very high price. I am leaning towards the omitting the Bazaar idea tho. The Nexus is a hard one. A game beaker as far as travel. Was thinking of making a level limit to use them and possibly a longer timer between ports. I was also thinking would be nice is there was a way to make it so it only ports you back to where you started when leaving thus leveling the playing field of travel across the continent. (Not sure if possible) AAs will not be activated either, might make some encounters harder but /shrug. And the beastlord would also be killed off in my version but the Vah Shir would be a playable race with new starting cities. Mounts would be excluded.

Anyways My questions are thus.
Can I safely remove the zones I do not want in my server from peq/zone or is there a better way.
Same question in regards to to items, equipment, spawns, etc that I don't want in my server.
Since AAs, Leader, Raid points, Mercs, veteran rewards, etc would be implemented can I delete them from peq?

A program to easily configure loot drops from zone mobs would be nice too. I'm still looking into this as I want to return all the loot drops to the old version of tradeskill drops.

Any other helpful suggestions/feedback are also welcomed.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:08 AM
atrayas
Hill Giant

Just set the zones enter status to 255 so that only a gm may enter. Simple as that.

Items can be done easily with sql, just query what you dont want and remove it from the loot table(s).

I wouldnt delete aa's and the sort, just raise the lvl requirement to use so they cant be purchased, that way at a future date you may find yourself wanting to implement them and you will have them available to you.

Set up Everquest Operation Center. Akkadius did great work setting up this web based tool for people to use and it works great for someone just starting for ease of access. Check for it in the wiki, very easy to setup.

My best suggestion to you is not to rush your project, take your time and only open it to the public when you feel comfortable that it is ready and stick to your vision. If you start wavering to every single persons complaint or suggestion you will end up with a hot mess and lose the desire to work on the server anymore.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:39 AM
Plaguexx
Fire Beetle

EOC 2.0 wow! That is just what I was looking for thanks for the finger point.
(I'm a complete noob and still only took 10 min or so to set up)
I can handle the loot drop rates and item changes I want to make right there.

ill likely have a lot more questions in the days to come.