Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Feature Requests

Development::Feature Requests Post suggestions/feature requests here.

Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
paaco
Discordant

Thats what I'm using. I compiled rev 212 yesterday.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:44 PM
paaco
Discordant

My settings in the rules table.

Spells:BaseCritChance 10
Spells:BaseCritRatio 15

I just made a lvl 51 Druid, no aa's or anything and spammed the spell Burn on a mob in hate about 100 times. Not a single crit using rev 212 :(
Old 11-18-2008, 09:18 AM
So_1337
Dragon

No class except wizards should have spell crits without AAs. Likewise, no class except warriors should have melee crits without AAs.
Old 11-18-2008, 09:33 AM
paaco
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by So_1337 View Post
No class except wizards should have spell crits without AAs. Likewise, no class except warriors should have melee crits without AAs.
I could be wrong but it seems like this code gives all classes a chance to crit spells innately? Similar to the melee crits rules, which works fine for me for every class. Maybe I misunderstood the code :(
Old 11-18-2008, 12:15 PM
So_1337
Dragon

Er, yeah. Sorry. Forgot this was a rule for customization's sake. You're right, from how I understand the code to work, it should be firing for you then.
Old 11-18-2008, 04:57 PM
AndMetal
Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaco View Post
My settings in the rules table.

Spells:BaseCritChance 10
Spells:BaseCritRatio 15

I just made a lvl 51 Druid, no aa's or anything and spammed the spell Burn on a mob in hate about 100 times. Not a single crit using rev 212 :(
I just set Spells:BaseCritChance to 100, Spells:BaseCritRatio to 33, and had a level 70 Shaman (w/ no Spell Casting Fury AAs) cast Ice Age, and it crits for 1693 (133%) every time. It also crits if I use #cast or use a clickie, for example Fabled Jaundiced Bone Bracer.

Are they set for the correct rule_set? Also, are you running SVN Rev 127 or higher?

My Contributions to the Wiki
Old 11-18-2008, 05:19 PM
paaco
Discordant

I have revision 215 currently, let me make a shaman and cast over and over and see how it goes and post back
Old 11-18-2008, 05:30 PM
paaco
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndMetal View Post
Are they set for the correct rule_set?
Ok I feel stupid now, I dunno why it didn't click in my head to check this...It was exactly the problem, sorry bro, thanks for looking at it :(
Old 07-13-2010, 08:33 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Regardless of what I enter into the fields:

Spells:WizCritLevel
Spells:WizCritChance
Spells:WizCritRatio

It makes no difference. Above someone mentioned the rule_sets and I'm curious what I have to modify to get these values to work.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:27 PM
trevius
Developer

Here is a list straight from the source with all current rules:

http://code.google.com/p/projecteqem...on/ruletypes.h

Those are included there, so they should be working. Make sure you are using the rules that you set them to. I think by default they are set to 0, but I am not sure what your default ruleset is set to. Mine are are set to 1 when I want to activate them, otherwise, it uses the defaults as seen in that ruletypes.h file.
Old 07-14-2010, 01:23 AM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

Thanks for the reply Trevius, I greatly appreciate it.

All the values for rulesets under rule_values were set to 1 by default with my database.

The only thing that works for spell crits is base chance, that's it. Changing values for BaseCritRatio, WizCritLevel, WizCritChance, or WizCritRatio do nothing, with their rulesets all set to 1.

However I did manage to get WizCritChance to work AFTER I went into the code with that link you provided me. I changed the hard coded WizCritChance to a value of 100. After doing that it allowed me to adjust the values on the database itself as though it were working as normal. 5% on the database = 5% chance to crit for my Test Wizard. However I would have liked to have all of them working (I'm still unable to get WizCritRatio to do anything) because I want Wizards to have a slightly superior DD structure for my server.

I'm unsure why the change to the hard coding allows me to adjust the WizCritChance in rule_values now but it does... Your guess is as good as mine.

Have you double checked that adjusting WizCritRatio works on your server?

EDIT

Also, is there a hard cap on spell crit from focus? I'm guessing 6 is a hard cap. All of the data I've seen in the spells_new file is 6% tops for any spell crit modifiers.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:13 PM
trevius
Developer

No, I don't mess with those rules on Storm Haven, so I don't know, sorry.

Make sure that if you are changing rules, that you are reloading the rules or restarting your server. They do not allow changes in real-time unless you do a "#rules reload".
Old 07-14-2010, 02:42 PM
AudioGarden21
Sarnak

I'm aware that those kinds of changes don't take effect unless you restart the server, and I restart the server every time I make changes to rules.