Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 01-27-2014, 02:54 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Default Locking out Classes//Races.

So, I'm trying to lock out classes and races, and I know it's in the two windows char_create_combinations // char_create_point_allocations, I've stripped those tables and replaced them with my own settings;

Which locks it to only 8 races and 9 classes, but when I log in, and click Paladin and scroll over Enchanter (Which should be grayed out), I get this.

Any ideas?
Old 01-27-2014, 04:28 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Vah Shir's can be Druids now! So I did something right, however nothing is graying out like it's meant to...
Old 01-27-2014, 12:33 PM
Nydosa
Sarnak

There are also some additional options to change class/race restrictions in the server code, but I have yet to find a way to grey out a class/race you have removed. The best you can hope for is that it can't be selected by anyone using a client newer than Titanium. Important to note, once you have a Titanium client try and use your server, they will only see the standard/stock class/race combinations.

Perhaps there are some ways to do it outside of the database, but it's a limitation as far as I know.

The routes I've seen to counter this are 1) auto class/race changes at log-in for incorrect combinations, or 2) a separate zone/area where you are allowed cosmetic changes before you can really 'play'.
Old 01-27-2014, 06:10 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Yeah I was thinking of a zone where they can't go anywhere unless they correct exactly what they want, class wise and what not. I swear I've seen it somewhere where you can grey out the choices, I just for the life of me don't remember what server, nor who it was run by, so I can't ask...

Far as I knew character select was chose by the server, not the client... Which should be totally modified in the DB, -shrug- I guess whatever, =) I'll just make them start in like Load, or Load2.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:47 PM
rhyotte
Hill Giant

I do not have a server up these days...but there are a couple places in the DB you have to change the Race / Class / Deity combinations to actually enable or disable various combo's. You can even go to a third place in the db and change base starting stats... hmm..come to think of it...if you add in a new class...say Ogre Mage...I think you have to hit that 3rd place and add in a string that enables stats for the new class. Matter of fact, now that I think about it a moment, I know you have to hit that 3rd place ... One of those places will also allow you to change WHERE a race can start... At one point I had all my players straight up starting in the Iksar city

Sorry I can't be of more help, it has been just long enough I can not remember off the top of my head...
Old 01-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhyotte View Post
I do not have a server up these days...but there are a couple places in the DB you have to change the Race / Class / Deity combinations to actually enable or disable various combo's. You can even go to a third place in the db and change base starting stats... hmm..come to think of it...if you add in a new class...say Ogre Mage...I think you have to hit that 3rd place and add in a string that enables stats for the new class. Matter of fact, now that I think about it a moment, I know you have to hit that 3rd place ... One of those places will also allow you to change WHERE a race can start... At one point I had all my players straight up starting in the Iksar city

Sorry I can't be of more help, it has been just long enough I can not remember off the top of my head...
You're speaking of the char_create_point_allocation window, where you select the allocation ID (Based off of the char_create_combinations), what their base STR, STAM is, =). Though, I only knew of two places? Hmm, maybe I will find this phantom third place.. =P
Old 02-03-2014, 05:06 PM
TylerBarnes
Sarnak

I wanted to get rid of the Drakkin on my server. I left (or re-did rather) the character point allocations. If they exist it's not a problem (that I know of), I left them there because when I tried to create a race/class combo with no point allocation it crashed my server.
I simply deleted the character class combinations for Drakkins and now when you click on them in the character creation windows it does nothing.
As far as removing class/race combinations from live I'm not sure. I only added classes.
My best recommendation is get Navicat Lite. I found it online, it's legal and free and while not all of the functionality is there it still works like a charm and puts everything into a spreadsheet for you so it's easy to just delete lines and create new ones without ripping your hair out trying to figure out commands my MySQL.
Also another tool that is AMAZING is http://eoc.akkadius.com/AC/eoc/login.php
It took me a while to get it working because of port forwarding issues and MySQL user permissions but now that it's up it really is a life saver.
Hope that helped. I know what a headache it is to try to figure it out but the people on the forums helped me out a lot.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:21 AM
Nerdgasm
Discordant

Aye TylerBarnes, it does do nothing when you click on them, I just figured it'd be easier to get rid of them, you know, out of site out of mind, right? =).