Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-03-2006, 04:40 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Default Last of the S2K server

Because most of the s2k servers I sold went private and because I am getting occupied by the new game our team is creating, I have decided to make 2 last copies of the Scorpious2k Server available for $100 each and then pack it up and put it away for good..

Those who remember our server don't have to be reminded of what it was like, but for everyone else, the package includes:

Custom items
Custom spells
Custom Zones (not on sony)
Over 195 total populated zones, most custom populatioins
Quests
Player Merchant Class
Stargates (a way to travel)
Custom code (including the source)

It also comes with:

A copy of the s2k website (excluding forums) with the data and tutorials it had
Some notes, etc
General utilities we used

General support from myself and Dindoleki to help you get it running

Shortly I will be archiving it all and putting it away, so this is a limited time offer....
Old 09-04-2006, 06:49 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

OK, to clear up a question: yes we provide support.

Also I had a thought. The money for these will go to the new game (project Mantis) that we are working on, and the buyers will become investors for the cost of the S2K servers. This means that besides the server, you own a percentage of the new game

Visit http://scorpious2k.net/mantis for more about the new game.

If you'd like to see a little more about the S2K server visit http://scorpious2k.info
Old 09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
notgreebo
Fire Beetle

I bought one of the serverpacks and I have been very impressed with its quality and the support from scorp has been awesome , he was really helpful in getting everything working
Old 09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
Aramid
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpious2k
OK, to clear up a question: yes we provide support.

Also I had a thought. The money for these will go to the new game (project Mantis) that we are working on, and the buyers will become investors for the cost of the S2K servers. This means that besides the server, you own a percentage of the new game

Visit http://scorpious2k.net/mantis for more about the new game.

If you'd like to see a little more about the S2K server visit http://scorpious2k.info
Is the investment part only for those who buy one of 'these last 2'?
I got the 'last' one you were selling back in July.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:28 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default here's my question

since most of there servers went private. then what. how are people saposed to play on them. are you charging people to play on them because thats just wrong. and if the servers are so good. then why not make them open for everyone. just because people can play on them dosnt mean they can steal the code from your database. i mean hell if the servers are as good as you say they are i want to play on one and see what all the fuss is about. i wouldnt pay for anything without trying it first.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:37 PM
mattmeck

Would love to resurect S2K however that C&D from sony means me and Scorp cant.

The server was good enough that donations paid for the box it was on for years, we had people come back after 2 years of being away and there characters were still on our server because we never did a single character wipe.

I have mixed feeling about selling the DB as he is doing however the support offered is more then worth the price for someone who does not know what there doing. People have offered a lot more for someone to get there server up and running.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:24 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

Maybe I'm failing to understand, but what is the difference between say ressurecting S2k and making modifications to it to work with Titanium, vs. the current version of EQEmu with the latest PEQ files? At least the S2K version is mainly original setup/configuration... I'd think they'd get more upset at the PEQ's where you get to play on the same as Live (Granted, way behind, but still, the content is the same for the first few expansions) for free, vs play on a modified version of their server with completely different spawn setup, mobs, and items...
Old 09-05-2006, 05:47 PM
EverCrackAj
Fire Beetle

Default you make a good point

for real. and bringing s2k back up under a different name on a different ip. running over the eqemulogin server. how would sony know. or why would they cair. peq is there new enemy right ??
Old 09-06-2006, 07:42 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick3n1
Maybe I'm failing to understand, but what is the difference between say ressurecting S2k and making modifications to it to work with Titanium, vs. the current version of EQEmu with the latest PEQ files? At least the S2K version is mainly original setup/configuration... I'd think they'd get more upset at the PEQ's where you get to play on the same as Live (Granted, way behind, but still, the content is the same for the first few expansions) for free, vs play on a modified version of their server with completely different spawn setup, mobs, and items...
The S2K server had it's own database and quests, which included about 200 populated zones and over a dozen custom zones that aren't on sony or peq.

As for converting it to 7.0, I have toyed with the idea but it is a nightmare to do. In addition, the version S2K is on has had fixes added and merged in to the point where I would say (and I am sure mattmeck and others will correct me if I am wrong) that it had features about 85% functional and was extremely stable. 7.0 isn't anywhere near that yet.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:50 AM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverCrackAj
since most of there servers went private. then what. how are people saposed to play on them.
The people who bought the servers took them private for family and friends.

Quote:
i mean hell if the servers are as good as you say they are i want to play on one and see what all the fuss is about. i wouldnt pay for anything without trying it first.
The Sarland server is up and public but it is run by the Gothic Circle guild. You would have to go ot their website for more info about it. Sarland is a nerfed version of S2K with a reduced max level.

Gothic Circle is at http://www.gothiccircle.net/
Old 09-10-2006, 02:03 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid
I don't think we can do the same thing for the other s2k server owners since it was before we started this project... but I would like to do something for the rest of you. After all you are already an elite group.

Any suggestions?
Old 09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aramid
How about this idea:

For every dollar you or anyone else who has bought an S2K server invests in the new game, I will match it up to the amount you paid for the server....

So if you bought the server for $200, you invest $200 and get $400 worth of shares in the new game.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:42 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

I guess I wasn't quite clear enough with my previous question. My previous question pertained more towards Mattmeck's comment of "Would love to resurect S2K however that C&D from sony means me and Scorp cant.". I don't understand why it would be against their rules to bring back S2K which is completely different mods than their original game, but it's ok to make PEQ...
Old 09-11-2006, 03:49 PM
mattmeck

SOE sent a round of C&D's last year, all the *large* servers got hit, PeQ has a fathfull playerbase but was not a large server.

The best I can tell you is SOE hit any server that ran a backpatcher (hence our no discussion rule here) or any server that had a large playerbase (70 or more on at all times). PeQ has no backpatcher and does not have that many active players.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:44 PM
maverick3n1
Sarnak

That makes sense... however, if all of the larger servers got hit.. they were all using EQEmu, or at least worked off of EQEmu to make their custom version, right? So why didn't SoE go after you all and give you a C&D on development?