Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 06-01-2007, 10:30 AM
Chayes
Fire Beetle

Default Questions from a new member.

Hello,

As I prepare to embark on server creation, and anxiously wait for my copy of titanium in the mail, I am wondering about a few things, and badly want to know if they are, or are not feasible. My aim is to create a true as possible server only including the first three expansions, or as its commonly coined, a "classic server". In this vein, I have some questions regarding the possibility of that and they are as follows:

1) Old character models?

2) Boats?

3) Old spell effects?

4) old zones populated exactly as they were?

5) The old .midi music files -- will they still play?

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2007, 03:00 PM
Kambic
Sarnak

This isn't really my forte, but #1 and #3 are completely client-side, and those are completely up to you. I'm not sure on #5 but I think my EQ still plays the midis, though I don't really know much about the music aspect.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:09 PM
Elysius
Sarnak

1. Yes.

2. 90% sure that's a no with the current build.

3. Yes.

4. This depends on the database, which you can modify an already built one or make your own. It would be almost impossible to make things exactly as they were on live, but you can get pretty close, depending on how well you remember old EQ.

5. Yes, old midi files should still play normally.

Note that 1 and 3 are dependent on the player's files, which you as a server op would not be able to control. If they wanted to play with newer models that's their choice.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:35 PM
techguy84
Discordant

Uhhh, I think its actually a 100% no on the boats. I dont think they even work in LIVE. Sony broke them and they kinda stayed that way. At least when I played LIVE they were that way. I havent seen a functing boat for such a long time. If I am wrong, just say so
Old 06-04-2007, 05:30 PM
KLS
Administrator

The smaller boats still work, ex the raft in halas the little row boats in cabilis but the bigger ones between zones... not so much.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:39 PM
Ueguvil
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84
Uhhh, I think its actually a 100% no on the boats. I dont think they even work in LIVE. Sony broke them and they kinda stayed that way. At least when I played LIVE they were that way. I havent seen a functing boat for such a long time. If I am wrong, just say so
Yeah but I believe if you go back to a certain build you can get boats. SoD for example has them working fine.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 PM
kouhei
Hill Giant

Default boats

If I remember right when sony put out there 13th expansion the most recent one they have now advertise with it that the boats do work again.

Take a look you know you want to click on this site.
Old 06-04-2007, 11:11 PM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

The Iceclad ship works fine (Icebreaker), I have it running just as it was on live, same grid and all, (you can ride it).
The other big ships all work too, only they are not solid or partial solid. I really think they were just removed/ignored with the arrival of portals and what we find in the client are remnants. The smaller skiffs and boats work fine -Bloated belly works too, but it's sort ot "almost" a ship.
I've been doing a lot of work on them, have them all running their grids and placed them where they would have been on live at one time. The only thing is, when a ship/skiff zones with you on board , I just set you on the beach/pier. Putting you back on the boat at the start of it's new grid in the next zone, is another big story and didn't want to get into it, as this would involve static zones, and very long waits at the piers (many players hated this part).
At least the zones look more "natural" with boats/ships moving in and out. There's still a few more I haven't worked with such as one Erudin and Erud's crossing.

If you all want to see the boats running, you can find their routes at Eq Atlas
Timorous is where most of them meet up, so you get a lot of "boat action" there (on the ax_classic database).

Quote:
Originally Posted by techguy84

Last edited by Angelox; 06-05-2007 at 07:28 AM..
Old 06-05-2007, 03:28 AM
sfisque
Hill Giant

there is one bug with rowboats atm, though, it might be a database issue.

i had a fun little duel with one of the rowboats in Lake Rathe other day. i targetted it, cast a spell on it, and it felt the sudden urge to follow me onto dry land and begin handing out some pretty good damage. i almost fell out of my seat laughing so hard, thank the gods i was level 65 and had good gear because it handed out a pretty good walloping.

== sfisque
Old 06-05-2007, 05:53 AM
techguy84
Discordant

See, I knew I was wrong for the most part, oh well.

Quote:
i had a fun little duel with one of the rowboats in Lake Rathe other day. i targetted it, cast a spell on it, and it felt the sudden urge to follow me onto dry land and begin handing out some pretty good damage. i almost fell out of my seat laughing so hard, thank the gods i was level 65 and had good gear because it handed out a pretty good walloping.
You could say that you were in a boat load of pain, right, right, hahahahaha, chuckle chuckle. Oh god I crack myself up...... hmm nevermind!