Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 07-16-2012, 06:16 PM
cobaltshadow
Fire Beetle

Default Varlyndria should be green rogaine!

Varlyndria server is a great place for people to see what everquest can become. Please make this a green server on the list, it deserves a top rank with all the others.

~Biggy
Old 07-16-2012, 06:25 PM
nexxrn
Fire Beetle

Agreed, haven't found a server with custom content of this quality in a long time. Always a steady player base and regular updates. Let more people in on the fun!
Old 07-16-2012, 06:30 PM
kylekurth
Sarnak

Aye, the dev is active and is trying to do something completely new for EMU
Old 07-16-2012, 08:59 PM
Drakiyth
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maze_EQ View Post
Adding quests, to give an item, and a flag, for that custom item, with some NPCS, and a full group of bots.

Whut? That deserves preferred????

I no c wut u did....

Being this post was started by fans who want to see it go green, all I can say is I work well over 16 hours a day on Varlyndria and balance 48 class paths, new quests, item changes, mob changes, player help, revamped zones. I've done well over 1280 hours of work on the server. All you have to do is read my patch notes over the last 3 months and you'll see how much dedication I put into Varlyndria. I pour my heart and soul into this place to make sure it's the the most fun and original server possible.

With that said, if you're judging Varlyndria by its infancy than you need to give her another shot. I'm sure 1 out of those 48 paths will suit your fancy. Also, it appears that bots have left a bad taste in the mouths of a lot of people but I can say without a shadow of a doubt my bot system is as balanced as they come. Bots are much weaker than players on Varlyndria, infact players need to do a new quest series to even get their bots to be 50% of their power. I make it where players are the CHAMPIONS of their group with fun and unique discs, spells and of course their path charm. I've added several things over the months like Multi-Shot for snipers, Barrage Of Blades for Axe/Star Throwers, just to name a couple.

Bots are optional for solo play. Having a group of champion path characters is always going to be more fun and better for huge raid bosses. Which btw, if you played at the start of the server used to crash zones but since the server is now hosted on a machine by Akkadius, Varlyndria has top notch performance.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:20 PM
aendiin
Fire Beetle

I completely agree that this server should be "green'd". Best server I have played on in years, and the GMs spend so much time making the server better every day.
Old 07-17-2012, 10:09 AM
Soulcold
Sarnak

I'd love to see Varlyndria go green, its a pretty neat server, just started playing there again a few weeks ago (Haven't played it since launch before then) on my SK named itapu. The class path system is really unique and interesting
Old 07-17-2012, 07:12 PM
Caryatis
Dragon

Might as well just auto delete posts that don't contain at least 3 smileys.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:58 AM
cobaltshadow
Fire Beetle

Third one added, please do not worry any further!
Old 07-18-2012, 05:26 PM
flamara
Fire Beetle

I totally agree, Varlyndria needs to go green because it is a awesome server and Drakiyth and his team are great DEVS. I have played alot of MMORPG's over the years, among them EQ.EQOA,EQ2,WoW, Vanguard,Diablo,Diablo3, DDO, so many I can't even name them.
I have to say,that Drak is one of the best DEV/GM I have ever seen. I mean really, what game do you know, of where your DEVS/GM's are there for you as much as humanly possible and walk among you all the time and are there
to answer your questions and fix your issues! Thats right because you haven't played a game like that yet, where the DEVS/GM's were that up close and personal and I say, WELCOME TO VARLYNDRIA. I love this server
a place you can always find sweet, awesome peeps that are willing to help you in anything you do and any question you may have. I find it amazing that Drak has given us 48 classes we can play and with classes like that, how could any of us get bored. I feel that Varlyndria is a unique and very special server that offers peeps a total awesome gaming experience and I feel as a avid gamer (thats a real GIRL gamer) that Varlyndria offers me the gaming I'm looking for in a MMORPG..so ROCK ON VARLYNDRIA!! may you LIVE FOREVER!! I LOVE YOU!! I'M LOOKING FOR 500!!

Flamara

Pyro Wiz LV 30
Horde of Steele
Old 07-19-2012, 02:35 AM
trahelion
Fire Beetle

Well, I look forward to playing this server. Been away for a while and it seems that raid addicts died or some such. Look forward to seeing you guys.
Old 07-19-2012, 06:40 PM
notknowing
Sarnak

Thumbs up Green!

I definitely recommend Varlyndria to go green. Drak has put in a ton of time and effort into it. He's always adding new stuff, fixing and updating. He's added a new creative element to the eqemu community that hasn't been done yet, with all these new class paths. Great community, friendly people. I feel like this server will continue to grow and stay around for quite a long time.

It's destined to go green whether that is now or later.

Sidd
Old 07-20-2012, 02:26 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamara View Post
I totally agree, Varlyndria needs to go green because it is a awesome server and Drakiyth and his team are great DEVS. I have played alot of MMORPG's over the years, among them EQ.EQOA,EQ2,WoW, Vanguard,Diablo,Diablo3, DDO, so many I can't even name them.
I have to say,that Drak is one of the best DEV/GM I have ever seen. I mean really, what game do you know, of where your DEVS/GM's are there for you as much as humanly possible and walk among you all the time and are there
to answer your questions and fix your issues! Thats right because you haven't played a game like that yet, where the DEVS/GM's were that up close and personal and I say, WELCOME TO VARLYNDRIA. I love this server
a place you can always find sweet, awesome peeps that are willing to help you in anything you do and any question you may have. I find it amazing that Drak has given us 48 classes we can play and with classes like that, how could any of us get bored. I feel that Varlyndria is a unique and very special server that offers peeps a total awesome gaming experience and I feel as a avid gamer (thats a real GIRL gamer) that Varlyndria offers me the gaming I'm looking for in a MMORPG..so ROCK ON VARLYNDRIA!! may you LIVE FOREVER!! I LOVE YOU!! I'M LOOKING FOR 500!!

Flamara

Pyro Wiz LV 30
Horde of Steele
Actually Clumsy's World was doing this for years, years before 99% of these popular "OH EM GEE" servers even existed. Sadly the owner was military and had to deploy to Afghanistan for a year and no one offered to run the server in his absence.
Old 07-20-2012, 02:47 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Here is your green rogaine:

I've been holding myself back...
Old 07-20-2012, 03:16 PM
sorvani
Dragon

been waiting for someone to do it..
Old 07-20-2012, 11:32 PM
Secrets
Demi-God