Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 08-08-2015, 03:03 PM
Kamlor
Fire Beetle

Default Server like p99 but for multiboxing?

I'm interested in a server that seeks to be as similar to the old EQ as possible (e.g. project 99) but also be multibox friendly. I'd like to just level a squad of 6 from 1-50 on the old world, any server recommendations that are like this? Thanks!
Old 08-08-2015, 06:19 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

Due to how high the level of customization is on Project 1999, you're likely only going to be able to find "cheap knockoff" versions attempting to emulate it. I currently know of no servers that meet your criteria.
Old 08-08-2015, 07:30 PM
Kamlor
Fire Beetle

Thanks for the response. Can you elaborate on what p99 does that other servers don't? I'm new to the emu community. If I played on say The Grand Creation only staying in the old world, would that not be similar to the first years of EQ?
Old 08-08-2015, 10:30 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

This server uses a custom .DLL to enable things no longer possible in the newer clients, such as older Kunark models and stuff like that. As well as the fact that ALL of the logic, lore, and quests have been changed to fit a classic-friendly (Up To Velious) lore. It's a complete overhaul of the entire game more or less.
Old 08-09-2015, 06:32 PM
phorest
Sarnak

Try Halls Havoc.
Locked in old world. Set up for progression. Noobie armor quests are in, there are transporters instead of boats . Some fabled mobs are in... nothing game breaking. Exp is slow, not as slow as p99 tho
Old 08-28-2015, 09:06 AM
bigsale23
Fire Beetle

Do a search for Epic EMU. It sounds like what you are looking for.
Old 09-03-2015, 03:06 PM
Khokon
Fire Beetle

Epicemu has that setting. But is it a server to be recommended?
Old 09-03-2015, 11:33 PM
thefusz
Sarnak

Default Epicemu

Epicemu.com

4box limit
Currently you can still get manastone, de mask, etc.
Awsome community [guarantee you won't find nicer players ANYWHERE]
Try it out
Old 09-30-2015, 11:01 PM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Epicemu is garbage.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:24 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ansley1 View Post
Epicemu is garbage.
That is the general consensus, there are multiple threads about it. From what I hear too much is broken. I do not have first hand knowledge to know if this is correct or not. It would not hurt to just log in and spend an hour there to see if it is for you. They are not connected to the official login server so you will have to go to their website to find out how to connect.
Old 10-01-2015, 02:44 AM
Hiing
Fire Beetle

Can try us out on Vegarlson asylum. We allow four boxing currently through Luclin, with future plans of releasing planes of power. We use the original bazaar and currently see anywhere between 2-10 traders actually selling items on a regular basis. We also have the original arena in, which i think is fun. Because we use the new client it allows us to use new npc models, so things like gorillas, wurms, spiders, and many more are all replaced all around the world with the most current models, and that actually ends up looking pretty darn cool in some places.

It is worth noting, the main difference between us, and a server like p99, is we run on a new client with current code. Content is tuned and tweaked to ensure a more classic experience, and undergoes fixes on nearly a daily basis, but because it does use the new client things will never be exactly as they were. Even on the new clients though, when you tune the content correctly, it brings the experience very close to where it should be. Still a lot of fun, with a really great player base and worth checking out!

http://www.vegarlson-server.org/
Old 10-01-2015, 09:55 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamlor View Post
I'm interested in a server that seeks to be as similar to the old EQ as possible (e.g. project 99) but also be multibox friendly. I'd like to just level a squad of 6 from 1-50 on the old world, any server recommendations that are like this? Thanks!
I would normally recommend my own server but while we live in the classic world (Classic/Kunark) I have no intentions of being like p99. There's a lot of custom content. We are however, multi-box friendly (3box). Content is tuned for 1-2 groups usually.

If you're interested let me know and I'll turn the server back on. Been offline a bit due to some reorganizing in my house as we're prepping to sell.
Old 10-01-2015, 09:59 PM
trentn
Fire Beetle

Default ...

Too bad Vegarlson asylum allows 4 boxing and use of ISBoxer - but bans use of MQ.

This server would be jam packed..
Old 10-01-2015, 10:24 PM
EQEMU2010
Sarnak

Sup Disturbed! Ohlov,Me and Citidal are on Lockjaw if you decide to come back.

Old 10-01-2015, 10:38 PM
trentn
Fire Beetle

Default .

Sup Brute - long time no see

Yea - was playing on Ragefire for a bit in when the server released - might come back. So tired of the classic through Velious expansions - seems like that's every server these days. I've done those expansions 2 million times over and it's hard to even log in to play those again.

I might come back towards the tail end of Velious - right before Luclin. Luclin was fun