Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 01-04-2019, 12:23 AM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Default update bugs

Couple of bugs in the database updates after install. A few of the sql files pulled to source in the updates are trying to use ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8mb4 but easily fixed by changing to CHARSET=utf8 and sourcing in manually. Another thing I noticed it trying to source in character_auras table. it errors out because the file 2017_07_22_aura.sql first trys to CREATE TABLE `auras` which already exists and then CREATE TABLE `character_auras` which doesn't happen. I was able to fix that manually by removing the CREATE TABLE `auras` block of code and sourcing the sql.
Old 01-04-2019, 12:57 AM
N0ctrnl
Discordant

If they're wrong in github, you could always submit a PR against them
Old 01-04-2019, 02:15 AM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Sorry that's a step I will have to learn about in the future. I'm just going through trial and errors figuring some things out with a lot of reading. I was part of an eq club we had going here with about 8 of us who got together once a week in a friends house for a gaming night playing everquest. That started fading off every month lack of interest with the dumb expansions they were spitting out. One of the guys pointed me over to this project and come over and helped put some compiling and editor software and got me started then tells me to call him if I run into snags. Well I think the jerk shut his phone off (kidding) Seems to be a lot of informative posts on here by people I just have to keep having the patience to read a lot and pay attention to log files. Helps a lot for errors.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:21 AM
phantomghost
Hill Giant

When you source the SQL in, if a table exists it will not add another, so you either delete your table or make your table columns match. If there is any data in the table that duplicates you'll need to clear it. So, easiest way if you want to use 100% of the table from SQL file is just drop the whole table and source it in... It should then actually source the other table in because it won't get an error prior.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:39 AM
spiritchaser
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomghost View Post
When you source the SQL in, if a table exists it will not add another
That was the point of my topic but it was focusing on the fact that when you first install the server then run the update script to fully update your database you don't get some of the updates because of that (missing tables after install).
Old 01-07-2019, 06:58 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritchaser View Post
That was the point of my topic but it was focusing on the fact that when you first install the server then run the update script to fully update your database you don't get some of the updates because of that (missing tables after install).
Seems I wasn't the only one who had this issue. I posted a couple of days before you concerning the character_auras not being created and update errors. Glad to see it wasn't a problem on my end but a problem on theirs. Is there an official place to post bugs like this so that they can be corrected?