Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 12-23-2018, 01:25 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Default Old server install Method

I think having the ability for people to install the old way for the server would be a good option to have on the wiki. Anyway we could copy and paste the old guide for downloading all the tools maps ect separately on the new wiki page? being able to have a few options for installing would be a good Idea. Particularly for people that don't have access to internet on the machine they wish to build the server on.

Also for those of us that used the old install method sometimes it is nice to be able to look back on the guide for reference.
Old 12-23-2018, 06:45 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightrider84 View Post
I think having the ability for people to install the old way for the server would be a good option to have on the wiki. Anyway we could copy and paste the old guide for downloading all the tools maps ect separately on the new wiki page? being able to have a few options for installing would be a good Idea. Particularly for people that don't have access to internet on the machine they wish to build the server on.

Also for those of us that used the old install method sometimes it is nice to be able to look back on the guide for reference.
A complete guide is on the list, I have a lot on my list I plan to catch up on here during new years week
Old 12-23-2018, 11:43 PM
Nightrider84
Discordant

Leave it to akkadius to be our Santa Claus =)
Old 01-13-2019, 05:58 AM
kokey98
Hill Giant

the one that is currently there and incomplete is nearly done.

i think the only thing i had to do on my own was move x64 dll's to the server directory. i used what i could find in the x64 dependencies folder we piece together at beginning of that x64 guide.

whether 32bit or 64bit it is the same steps with slightly different files to download. if you weren't referencing this wiki 64 bit steps currently, then, it can likely be cannibalized for both guides.

oh, i think it doesn't mention path to mysql.exe, but does mention setting up path for perl. "can't find path" when it tries to do things in server script made my mistake obvious, of course.

copy dlls (a little clarity on which need to be copied over, i thnk one of the auto-downloaded 32bit dll's in server directory was not replaced? -- basically any dll i found in the x64 dependencies folders i moved over), path to mysql and it's basically missing nothing else from what i recall. maybe a note to look over PATH= and make sure any older installs are not causing conflicts. i had to remove a couple old mysql path entries for things i uninstalled in past.

i deleted my bookmark since i finished successfully evnentually, lol.. it was the guide on github wiki, in case there are others still floating around.
Old 03-02-2019, 02:43 PM
Lane
Sarnak

Bump! Tried sorting through the various old set up methods and nothing agrees with each other 100%; would love a new ground up tutorial.

Thank you!
Old 03-02-2019, 06:48 PM
Akkadius
Administrator

I've pinged our documentation team to see if they have any time, otherwise it is still on the backlog
Old 05-26-2019, 10:12 PM
Zoid13erg
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akkadius View Post
I've pinged our documentation team to see if they have any time, otherwise it is still on the backlog
Hey I know this is really offtopic and random question. I havent been able to find an answer to this but since you were talking about backlogs and possible features to be added.

Have you guys ever thought about adding different client/expansion friendly DB Builds? Its lovely what you guys have been able to accomplish, but for someone who generally likes to stick with Titanium and PoP there are some pretty tough hurdles to tackle. Im sure thats a tall order and generally its up to the creator to put in that kind of effort.

My goal is to make a titanium PoP server that will allow me to use old zones. Problem is with PEQ DB build, tradeskill stations dont show in titanium, buffs have level caps, certain item icons (ie epics) are broken.
Old 05-27-2019, 03:25 AM
Akkadius
Administrator

The expansions project is something that is currently active, it wouldn't involve separate DB builds as it would be setting driven though

Conversation has been in #project-peq-expansions in Discord if you're interested in pinging the folks there