Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:51 AM
trevius
Developer

Default Accounts/Passwords - Activation, Recovery, and Information

This thread is here to help explain as much as possible in relation to Forum Accounts, Login Server Accounts, and their respective passwords.

Since Login Server and World Server Account information are stored and handled the same way, anywhere in this post that references Login Server Accounts is also referring to World Server Accounts.

Forum Account Registration/Activation:

To have your Account Registration/Activation email resent to your email address, you can use the following link:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/reg...o=requestemail

There are a few tips for registering on the Forums. One tip is to use gmail instead of hotmail, yahoo, or some other email address. There are a few reasons to use gmail, including:
1. Gmail blocks eqemulator.org less often than yahoo and hotmail do, which means it is more likely you will actually recieve your registration email as well as password recovery emails and such.
2. Gmail allows you to put periods anywhere in your email address and it will treat it as the same email address. For example, your email address may be myemail@gmail.com, so you could put periods like my.email@gmail.com or my.e.mail@gmail.com or even m.y.e.m.a.i.l@gmail.com and they all go to your normal inbox. The forums require unique email account names for each forum account registration, but will treat each of these email addresses with periods as a unique address. This means you can register a large number of forum accounts all to the same gmail account so you don't have to make new email accounts to register with. Many people that make a temporary email account just for registering will end up losing that account info and then be unable to recover their account/password.

If you try to register or recover an account and you are not receiving an email from eqemulator.org, try adding Mailer@eqemulator.net to your email so it doesn't get blocked. That is the address emails come from for eqemulator.

Your account won't be fully activated until you complete the registration process, which means you need to click the link that is contained in the registration email. Until then, you will not be able to create Login Server Accounts or post in most Sections of the forums (probably only allowed to post in General::).

Login Server Account Creation:

Login Server Accounts and Forum Accounts are not the same thing. Many people try to log into the Login Server using their Forum account info and that will not work unless they also created Login Server Accounts with matching credentials (which is not recomended for security reasons).

To create a new Login Server account, visit this link once you are logged into a registered account:
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/pro...do=loginserver

Note that World Server Accounts are for actual Servers to connect to the Login Server List. Normal players do not need a World Server Account.

What Forum Administrators, Moderators, Developers, and Guides can assist with:

1. (All) View IP Addresses used to post on the forums.

2. (All) View Forum Account Registration Information - This includes the email address the account is registered to and the IP address that was used to register with, as well as other information such as date of birth and such.

3. (All Except Guides) Ban Forum Accounts.

4. (Administrators Only) Edit Account Registration Information. This includes activating accounts, changing registration email addresses, and other information.

Important Note: The Login Server and World Server Account information is NOT stored in the forum profiles. This means that none of the EQEmu Team is able to view which Login Server or World Server Accounts are tied to which Forum accounts and are unable to do any kind of search related to this type of information. Rogean is the only person who is able to access anything that is Login Server or World Server Account related. No one else can view, edit, search, reset, etc anything to do with Login Server or World Server Accounts.

Common Issues and Potential Solutions:

Issue: Login Server Account Password is lost.
Solution: This is by far the most common issue. There is no automated solution at this time. Rogean is the only person who can assist with lost LS Account Passwords, and he is generally quite busy and very skeptical of recovery requests for obvious security reasons. In the future, hopefully an automated recovery option will be added. The only alternative to recovering a password is to get your character(s) moved from the account you no longer have access on to an account you do have access on. Characters are stored on the server you play on (not on the Login Server), so you would need to convince the server admin(s) on the server you play on to move the characters for you. This may not be an option, but some servers will assist in moves like this if needed. The EQEmu team can not assist in getting characters moved from one account to another on a particular server (unless they also happen to be a dev/admin there).

Issue: Forum Account Password is lost.
Solution: You can recover a forum account password using the automated process. You will need to know the exact email address you registered the account to. If you enter the correct email address while doing the password recovery, you should receive an email to complete the process. If you do not receive an email, make sure to add Mailer@eqemulator.net to your safe/contacts list so it doesn't get blocked. If you still do not get it, your email provider may be mass blocking the eqemulator domain. If that happens, I think the only option is to put a request in to your email provider to stop blocking the eqemutor.net/org domains. The EQEmu team will not change registration email addresses.

Many people also forget which email account they used to register with (this normally happens when people use a large number of accounts). In this case, you can PM an EQEmu team member and they should be able to provide you with a partial of the email account that a Forum Account is registered to. So, if the account was registered to "bestemailever@yahoo.com", we might give you something like "bestemail" and leave the rest for you to figure out/remember. Once the correct email address is figured out, it can be used to do a password recovery as long as they still have access to that account.

Issue: No longer have access to the Email Address used for Forum Registration.
Solution: If you still have access to the Forum Account, you can update the registered email address for it. If you lost access to the account and are trying to recover your password, you are out of luck. Do not register with an account you may not have access to sometime in the future!

Issue: Lost Forum Account Name(s).
Solution: If you registered multiple accounts around the same time, it is likely they are registed under the same IP address. The IP is tracked each time a post is made and when an account is registed. The EQEmu team has the ability to search for accounts that use the same IP addresses. Depending on how old your accounts are, how long the time was between registering them, and some other factors, the EQEmu team may be able to locate your other account(s). You can make a request to get it checked out in a post or in a PM (not everyone is guaranteed to answer).

Issue: Lost Login Server Account Name(s).
Solution: Most likely this means you have also lost/forgotten one or more Forum Accounts. You may be able to identify and/or recover those Forum Accounts using the techniques explained in the previous related sections. If you are unable to identify using other means, the only person that can possibly assist with this is Rogean.

Issue: Want Login Server Account(s) to be removed/deleted.
Solution: Due to the limit of 3 Login Server Accounts per Forum account, people occasionally request to have a Login Server Account deleted from their forum account. This is not an option. If you need space to add another Login Server Account, simply register another Forum account and you will have access to 3 more Login Server Account slots.

One more time to be perfectly clear; Rogean is the only person in the world that has access to anything related to Login Server Accounts. This includes Login Server password recovery and viewing which Login Server Accounts are associated with which Forum Accounts. No one else has access to the Login Server or its Database.

If there are other Forum Account or Login Server Account related questions/issues, post them here and I will try to update this list when time permits.

Last edited by trevius; 12-30-2013 at 09:38 AM..
Old 11-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Driguez907
Fire Beetle

I have created a new eqemu account with a new email address. (@hotmail)
Ive added Mailer@eqemulator.net. Still no activation email. Without access to most of the website Im unable to search for a "send new email" or "delete account" information anywhere. Account name Driguez9074 - please help
Old 11-14-2013, 01:33 PM
Vexyl
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driguez907 View Post
I have created a new eqemu account with a new email address. (@hotmail)
Ive added Mailer@eqemulator.net. Still no activation email. Without access to most of the website Im unable to search for a "send new email" or "delete account" information anywhere. Account name Driguez9074 - please help
Did you even bother reading the post? Try making a new account using a gmail address (adding Mailer@eqemulator.net), and hope for the best
Otherwise, you'll have to wait for an administrator to take pitty on you (I'm unsure of the probablity of that happening).

@trevius: Thanks for putting this together. I didn't know about it, but it's going to be nice to redirect people to this thread when they ask an activation/password recovery related question.

Last edited by Vexyl; 11-14-2013 at 01:59 PM.. Reason: politeness
Old 06-23-2014, 04:59 AM
Ketzerei84
Fire Beetle

I have my account activated, but cannot create a loginserver account - the page "loads" as a blank page.

Figured it out, can we get an update on the sticky? You go here: http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?LS to create an LS account, NOT here: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/pro...do=loginserver which is what it says in the sticky.
Old 07-10-2014, 12:01 AM
Seiker
Fire Beetle

I have recently moved and haven't played project1999 in a long time. Do I need to have my IP address updated with you in order to access the server? Thank you in advance!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:49 PM
timk
Fire Beetle

Quote:
If there are other Forum Account or Login Server Account related questions/issues, post them here and I will try to update this list when time permits.

I apologize if this is the wrong place but I haven't found a solution for my problem. I know the email account I registered my EQEMU account with (not this account) and have tried to recover the password but it says it is not a valid email address. I have all account specific details and still have the original activation emails as well as an email where I recovered the password before. Can anyone PM me to help with this or explain why my email is not recognized? Thanks.
Old 12-04-2014, 11:34 AM
recopatr2
Fire Beetle

Default Change email

greetings! When I registered my account for some reason I used my work email address, i tired to update but it won't let me change to a personal email. Is there a way I can do that? This is for my eqemulator account.

Thanks!
Old 07-30-2015, 11:21 PM
trunkz623
Fire Beetle

I got my confirmation email, confirmed it and I still can't login. what's going on I'm supposed to use my forum user/pw right? The link posted in the first post here isn't working.. anyone have another link?
Old 07-31-2015, 08:05 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by trunkz623 View Post
I got my confirmation email, confirmed it and I still can't login. what's going on I'm supposed to use my forum user/pw right? The link posted in the first post here isn't working.. anyone have another link?
To log into servers? No, you have to use a loginserver user/pw.

http://www.eqemulator.org/account/?CreateLS

I assume you can log into the forum fine since you made the post
Old 08-09-2015, 09:48 AM
Daymar
Fire Beetle

Default Lost pw?

Hello, I just returned to EQ after years to find I cannot log into my second login server account which my main character is on. I assume the password is incorrect so I tried resetting it but SMS verification doesn't seem to be working. Not sure what to do...
Old 10-17-2016, 10:10 AM
Whitness
Fire Beetle

Default No activation

Hi.

Not sure if this thread is still active, i will also post in general support just to make sure, but yesterday morning (sunday morning in my case) I created another account here, and I did not receive an activation email.
An hour or so later I found this link, and had it resent.
Today I tried to have it resent again, and still I have no activation email.
I'm not sure if it has not been sent out or not, but would like some help.

Greetz, Whit
Old 12-29-2018, 12:01 PM
shawnbelv
Fire Beetle

I having issues with one server login account. It is locked up and I cannot do anything with it. I really hope to get it resolved so I can join in the dbl exp festivities.
Old 02-25-2019, 05:35 AM
woodlone
Fire Beetle

I need help bad....I've recently come back to the game and one of my accounts is not working. I know the account name, email it is registered to, SMS number, etc. When I try to reset password, its saying the email isn't the same..... I'm confused. Actually, I guess I dont remember the email I used...I think I created a new one just for this account. I just remember the login name, character, history of my character, etc...and SMS was my number (have since changed numbers, but I can get verification that it was mine)
Old 07-14-2019, 12:26 AM
Runehawthorne
Fire Beetle

Default Recoverying username to server screen

I created a couple login accounts back around March 2014 but cant remember one of the login usernames to the server screen. I do however remember the passwords for the login accounts. I also have the other username login (along with the password). If I could recover the other username for this account that would be awesome. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 08-11-2022, 01:30 PM
Gorbon
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevius View Post

Issue: No longer have access to the Email Address used for Forum Registration.
Solution: If you still have access to the Forum Account, you can update the registered email address for it. If you lost access to the account and are trying to recover your password, you are out of luck. Do not register with an account you may not have access to sometime in the future!

You can't currently update e-mail address despite having Forum Account access. It will not allow me to change e-mail on my one account (e-mail for it poofed in 2010 w/ yahoo email update) therefore I cannot even verify it either.