Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 05-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Default New Install with Akka's installer

Since I had been having problems with updating my source code, I installed a new hard drive and started over from scratch. I figured this time I would use Akka's installer and it installed fine. I got my private login server up and going and sourced in all of my character files and accounts. That all works fine except when any character zones (any zone) it strips a few buffs away and when they zone back to PoK it removes almost all the buff they have. It varies, sometimes they have one left sometimes three. Also, after getting it up and running, I installed cmake 3.5.1 and Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows Desktop in an attempt to compile newer binaries. Cmake configs and generates fine but when I try to build I get a ton of errors in a bunch of different files. I went through the manual server build directions thinking I must have missed installing something or didn't download something needed but I have the libraries. ANyone have any clues as to watch could cause the first issue or what I may have missed on the building issue?

Thanks,
Mortow

P.S. OS is Windows 7 64bit
Old 05-08-2016, 05:08 PM
Kaless59
Fire Beetle

Not sure if this will help. When I was trying to build the bots exe's I kept trying to compile 64 bit. Finally saw the guide said it was written for 32 bit. I used the 32 bit dependencies and no problem. I'm sure 64 bit would be easy enough but I wasn't worried about it. Hope this helps.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:22 AM
Mortow
Hill Giant

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried recompiling at 32bit but still got errors. I know Akkas installer works so I figured I had some thing else hosed up somewhere. I started over with a clean install and just stepped through the manual install guide. Everything seems to be working now.