Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 01-14-2017, 03:39 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Default Agnarr Server

Hello All,

I posted about our server around six months ago .. we got bored because we made it too easy, ha!

So, reworked version:
  • Content up to Velious initially released.
  • 3x Experience rate.
  • Underfoot client.
  • Server will eventually go up to PoP, Luclin will release 6 weeks after Velious is beaten and Planes of Power 8 weeks after Luclin is beaten.
  • Box limit of 12. There are many other servers in this era out there and what differentiates us is our higher box limit. We personally enjoy playing more characters and believe 12 is a good balance of being able to do smaller scale content (epics) on your own while not allowing you to kill era-relevant raid mobs.
  • Dedicated server (RAM upgrade coming this week which will allow us to make important zones static) Putting the server at a dedicated hosting center is no issue if population demands it.
  • Most era-inappropriate items/mobs have been released. This is an ongoing process and we encourage you to report any findings.
  • Important to Note: This server is intended to be as close to this era without spending thousands of hours, we have lives and wives!
  • Character stats are in-line with the 2002 Era Everquest.
  • Server website coming soon.

Come check it out!
Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 PM
bakajikara
Sarnak

it help if supported newer client also as it all i use anymore
Old 01-15-2017, 04:48 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Forgot to mention, things like Guise of the Deceiver and Manastone are in until we get to PoP
Old 03-07-2017, 01:26 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Server website is up here.
Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 PM
mjbcb0717
Hill Giant

I'd check into this server but can't bring myself to box more then 2 anymore lol
Old 06-07-2017, 05:38 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Hi all,

Quick update - there's a decent amount of us playing regularly now.

Come check it out, grab some buffs and join the fun
Old 06-10-2017, 08:24 AM
hriggs92
Fire Beetle

I've been playing! It's been a very interesting experience, because I've never boxed before. So before I could really "get started" I had to learn soooo much. But I have a full group in the mid 30s coming right along now.

Tankuvrymuch is the character I'm "on" /control the others with, hit me up in game! The server has been really impressive so far.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:40 AM
hriggs92
Fire Beetle

Just wanted to add, now that it's been about a week and say that this server is EPIC!

We might have a small population, but we're all very engaged. These guys have been more than helpful. And man, what a server. Perfectly scripted, no lag. I love it, come join in on the fun!

BTW Esil hasn't updated the main post in a minute but

www.agnarreq.com is us!
Old 06-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Vulak died eaaaarly this morning .. so, Luclin will release in 6 weeks on Friday August 4, 2017.
Old 06-27-2017, 11:17 PM
hriggs92
Fire Beetle

FIRST OFF!!!! Luclin is unlocked! Through Malignant's combined forces downed Vulak (my Rogue got some beautiful beautiful boots !)
*screenshot @ bottom of post
**for extra bonus points I posted the most ANNOYING dragon in the freaking world!!! & a quick Velk kill we knocked out!

Ayeeeee, I promised Esil I would do this like, forever ago, but alas life happens.

Anyways here's a small update for you guys... and I say small, but what I mean is kinda HUGE!

We've been promoting our server as much as possible, Esildor is REALLY stepping up and putting in work, it is very very impressive.

When I started (look at the first post) it was only a few weeks ago, and to be honest with you, nobody was really ever on. I think we had like 10 unique players even ON the server, much less constantly active...

Thanks to you guys and a combined effort from us at Agnarr, I am proud to say we have had multiple spikes of 150-200 people online (which is not NEARLY that many unique players), however it is a huge population increase for us! I was floored too see how quickly we gained new players, and to hear about all their having.

I think that if you are reading this, YOU should come join us and check out the action we've got going on. There are even multiple guilds threatening to compete with our raids, hahaha!

It's just a beautiful thing to see something I've had so much fun on grow so quickly, and I wanna help that happen even more! Here are a few links to get to know us better!

*Let me know if this isn't allowed and I will swiftly remove*

www.agnarreq.com - for information/rules/downloads for our custom files

https://discord.gg/VHRJp7q - is our server-wide Discord channel for anyone to join! Come chat or voice chat with us, it's always a good time!

www.facebook.com/AgnarrEQ - a FB page I'll be using to keep up with people, post quick updates, funny stories (there are a LOT), and screenshots of cool stuff we do!

ANYBODY IS WELCOME! I had never even been level capped in EQ before, and now I am 12 boxxing level 60s, thanks to the help of Esildor, Ima, Awar, Jore, and many many more!

We are really trying to make this into a safe haven for people who want to play & love Everquest, but have tough jobs, families, ect! I promise if you guys give us a shot, you'll have a great time.

Now for some of our "money" shots, this is what you guys are missing out on!!!

Old 06-29-2017, 11:54 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Hi all,

For the holiday weekend Agnarr will have increased experience (4x, instead of the normal 3x) from Friday, June 30th at 12AM Eastern Time until Tuesday, July 4th at 11:59PM Eastern Time.

Luclin will release on the Agnarr server on Friday, August 4th - come catch up so you can enjoy the fun!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:14 AM
hriggs92
Fire Beetle

Hey all! I thought I'd give you guys some updates on what we've been doing over at Agnarr.

So first off, I know some of you have asked us if anyone solos here because the idea and tasks of managing multiple instances of EQ and MQ2 in itself can seem daunting, and it's something I would like to discuss. You absolutely do NOT have to box. If there is anyone at all wanting to get started playing a solo/duo/trio character, I am more than happy to level with you, buffs, help get gear, ect reach out to me via ingame (frogrogue or tankuvrymuch), I have several groups of toons. Most are max level now, but I do still have a couple level 1s I started just in case friends got on, and I have a group around the low 30s as well. I would more than happy to help anyone with the leveling experience.

Our discord channel is: https://discord.gg/VHRJp7q
(shameless plug, alternate way of communication is : www.facebook.com/AgnarrEQ)

Feel free to use that to contact us with anyone questions, or if you're not up to boxing 6 characters and are looking for someone to level with, I've seen this being asked so much on these forums and in game, and we will definitely remedy that. Not to mention it's incredibly easy to hit max level on our server, due to the "casual" feel and exp rates (of course this doesn't affect raid difficulty, which is what we really care about )

I wanna give a congratulations to the guild and the server, as we now have another raiding guild in our midst (that makes 2, maybe 3?), that just downed Avatar! So congrats to you guys, Vinci. (sp correct I hope)

We got a solid Vulak clear last week as well in our guild, things are going great. We're doing some spare Epics/helping guildies get setup for the upcoming Luclin!

I have to give props to all the people that help out with managing this beast, you guys are great and we wouldn't have such a nice server if it wasn't for those who put so much time into. It's great from watching this server grow from 4-5 users online at peak to having to compete for raid mobs between multiple guilds! I can only hope we grow more!

Please, give us a shot, and I can damn near promise as the rest of us have that started here, that you will have a great time!

Peace out!
Old 08-01-2017, 12:59 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Hey all,

Luclin will be releasing this Friday, August 4th at 12am ET. The server will come down momentarily for the changes to take effect.

Additionally we have decided to change the time between Luclin & Planes of Power unlock to 12 weeks as opposed to the original 8 weeks. What this means is once Luclin (Aten Ha Ra) is defeated - Planes of Power content will be released 12 weeks later.

We have also decided to implement instancing on Agnarr. Initially Kael, ToV, Sleepers, Sanctus Seru, Ssraeshza Temple, Akheva Ruins, and Vex Thal will be instanced. We made this decision because Agnarr is intended to be more of a casual server with the increased exp - so it makes sense that any guild who wants to raid, can raid.

Look forward to seeing everyone in Luclin!

-Esildor
Old 08-02-2017, 09:02 PM
Yard Dogg
Sarnak

you planning on just sticking to underfoot client?
Old 08-03-2017, 09:00 PM
Esildor
Hill Giant

Yes - no plans to optimize past UF at this time.