Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-14-2015, 05:28 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

Default Placing Doors Tool question

I'm trying to get the Door Plugin working (because the videos have me drooling) and was following the Realtime Door Manipulation Wiki fine until I got to:

To Activate

" Pull down door_plugin.pl from the plugins SVN http://wiki.eqemulator.org/p?Perl_Plugins_Master_Reference&frm=Main#plugins-repositorynbsphttps-eqemupluginsrepogooglecodecom-svn-trunk-"

There doesn't seem to be a "door_plugin.pl" only "Doors_Manip.pl". so I got that and stuck it in my plugins folder. (Is that the correct place to put it?)

Then:

"Include the code below in your subroutines:"

sub EVENT_CLICKDOOR{
if($status > 200){
pluginoors_Manipulation_EVENT_CLICKDOOR(); # Door Manipulation Plugin
}
}

sub EVENT_SAY{
if($status > 200){
pluginoors_Manipulation_EVENT_SAY(); # Door Manipulation Plugin
}
}

Where exactly (and what file) do I put that code to make the tool work in all zones?

I just want to make sure I got the right door_plugin.pl - and which .pl file and folder I should put the code.

Thanks
Old 10-14-2015, 05:42 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

That code should go in quests/global/global_player.pl.
Old 10-14-2015, 08:49 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

Thank you for the reply.

I did not have a global_player.pl in the quests/global/ folder. Only a global_player.lua.
So I created a global_player.pl with that code and saved it in the "quests/global/" folder. Still didn't work. I removed the "global_player.lua" from that folder to test if there was a conflict between the two. Still didn't work so I put it back.

Here is where I am now.

I have Perl DBI installed, tested and verified to connect to my MySQL database with a test.pl file.
I have a "MySQL.pl" configured and saved in my "server/plugins" folder.
I have a "Doors_Manip.pl" saved in my "server/plugins" folder.
(I also tried using the "MySQL.pl" and "Doors_Manip.pl" in the "quests/global/" folder, didn't work so I took them back out)
I have sourced "cust_obj_data.sql" into my database and verified it is there.
I have sourced the "Door Helper (Reference) NPC's" into the database and verified they are there.
I have verified I have GM status.
I have rebooted my server after installing "DBI-mysql"
I have restarted the EQEMu server many times testing.

I have got to be missing something simple...any more ideas anyone?

Thanks
Old 10-14-2015, 09:03 PM
Uleat
Developer

You were correct to assume the conflict issue.

Lua takes precedence when both file types are present. (Lua or perl, not lua then perl.)

I haven't used this tool myself..so, nothing really constructive to add :(

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-14-2015, 10:46 PM
Shendare
Dragon

Worst case scenario, pop it into a player.pl in each zone's directory.

Last edited by Shendare; 10-14-2015 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: player.pl ... not default.pl
Old 10-14-2015, 11:11 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

DOH! It was me.... of course it was user error. I forgot I had a 64bit version running on this machine..... I knew it was something simple like that. I verified it works on my other machine with a 32bit version. Sorry for the wasted space guys. Thanks for the help. Akka clearly states you need Perl 5.12. It was trying to use 5.16. uhhghh
Old 10-15-2015, 02:34 PM
Uleat
Developer

It's never a waste if you pass on what you learned

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-23-2015, 05:24 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

ok sorry to bring this up again but i've been banging my head against the wall for the last 10 days to get this awesome tool to work. I've gotten desperate...

I thought that i had this figured out because I realized i was running a 64bit server. I got it working on a 32bit server on another machine with windows 7 64 bit ultimate.

So I uninstalled everything, MySQL, Perl, deleted the PEQ database folders and any references to these in the registry. I started from scratch, compiled a 32 bit server and reinstalled MySQL and Perl, sourced the PEQ database, sourced in the required files Akkadius explained in the wiki just like i did on my Win 7 machine. The two computers are setup exactly the same.

The server works great, all my other Perl quest files work perfectly, I've done a LOT of research on testing the DBI, DBD::MYSQL connection through Perl. Everything says it is working fine. The only difference I can see is that this machine is running Window 8.1.

Does anyone know if something needs to be set in Win8.1 that doesn't need to be in Win7 to make this work?

I have tried to check permissions on folders and such but I don't see anything that would be blocking this one perl script from working when all other perl scripts work.

I know I'm not missing something like setting my status > 200 or adding the code to the global_player.pl. It's all there just like on the Win7 machine.

It's great that it works on my laptop but it doesn't have the power of my desktop and I've run out of ideas to try.

I also tried your suggestion Shendare of adding it to a player.pl in a particular zone folder. Thanks for the tip but it still didn't work.

I hope someone can help before I go insane... lol

Thanks guys
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

I use Windows 8.1 and it works just fine for me, are you 100 percent sure you have DBI and DBD::mysql installed? You can no longer acquire DBD::mysql unless you use Akkadius' post about DBD::mysql. Here is the thread I'm referring to: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37955
Old 10-23-2015, 10:19 PM
Wisperin
Fire Beetle

I'm such a fool.. This was all due to a trailing space during the copy and paste of the code... it works like a charm now. 10 nights after work wasted over 1 lousy space character.
Thank you for the help and thank you Akkadius for such a fantastic tool!

You guys can laugh now. hehe

Last edited by Wisperin; 10-23-2015 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: For the learning experience
Old 06-26-2017, 07:01 PM
smcallister88
Fire Beetle

I have the tool up and running, but when I try to load the 'Global', the client crashes, is there any way to optimize things so it does not? My developers and I have tried this on all of our test servers. Local Zone works btw
Old 06-27-2017, 09:11 AM
smcallister88
Fire Beetle

Fixed mine by turning mq2 off...