Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2008, 08:39 PM
Machine33
Fire Beetle

Thanks for posting CD, it gives us hope that PEQ will be back soon cause I am straight up jonsing! For real though just seeing you post helps me relax I would be crused if PEQ was gone for good so this puts me a little at ease.

Machine
Old 12-16-2008, 09:07 PM
Teltic
Fire Beetle

Default hrm

in the mean time, is there a place I can download the stuff from projecteq.net that I need to make a server?
Old 12-16-2008, 09:31 PM
unknownhost
Sarnak

Teltic, probably is somwhere to find the recent peq server setup stuff but donno that info meself.

however this might be helpful to you.

leslamarch's portable eq emu
Old 12-16-2008, 10:09 PM
alblagg
Fire Beetle

I'm pretty sure the most recent version of the db is on sourceforge, just do a search for PEQ and you should pull it up.
Old 12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Daenarys
Fire Beetle

Default whimper

ive been forced to play on TZ/VZ...not fun...
Old 12-17-2008, 04:09 PM
Funno
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daenarys View Post
I tried playing there but couldn't bring myself to lvl up... /sigh I'll just have to wait for the PEQ to come back up
Old 12-17-2008, 04:13 PM
Ikeren
Hill Giant

Quote:
I got a necromancer trapped in Paineel due to buggy lifts.
Old 12-17-2008, 07:35 PM
kamway
Fire Beetle

Default n00bs

its not that difficult really, just have to make sure you care for a server and not use it as a coffee table. in my opinion and i live in Littleton CO where the server is, didnt have any power outages, nor was it a result of poor connection, was on the whole time thro comcast which is the primary out this way, and had no problems at all with ip or isp. the dude probably got arrested for crack and sold his computer for bail money. ... in my opinion. PEQ will never be back online there could never be any issues with a condor 386 which is turned into a slave pony server to run a dinosaur game like EQ that cant be resolved, hate to break it to you, but mabye now its time to go get a girlfriend *wink* winK*
Old 12-18-2008, 11:49 AM
elation
Sarnak

Unhappy

What's sad is that the server stability has been rock solid these past couple of weeks. After the last "ordeal" it was quite unstable most of the time not to mention the severe lag issues that ensued. So after a couple weeks of bliss, we're down again. :( I fear it's going to be a very long time before we see PEQ online again. Please note - I'm a little paranoid when it comes to these types of things.

The good news is: My house is clean. I'll have time to do some Christmas shopping now. I might even bake some treats for work. And if it gets really bad, I might *gasp* start working out again.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:05 PM
demonstar55
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by elation View Post
What's sad is that the server stability has been rock solid these past couple of weeks. After the last "ordeal" it was quite unstable most of the time not to mention the severe lag issues that ensued. So after a couple weeks of bliss, we're down again. :( I fear it's going to be a very long time before we see PEQ online again. Please note - I'm a little paranoid when it comes to these types of things.

The good news is: My house is clean. I'll have time to do some Christmas shopping now. I might even bake some treats for work. And if it gets really bad, I might *gasp* start working out again.
PEQ will be back
Old 12-18-2008, 12:46 PM
ghostriderdoom
Sarnak

Default PEQ will be back

It has to be a hardware issue, so as soon as they figure out what went buggy, they will fix it and we will be back . just hope its soon is all. Last time server went down for 2 weeks cause of Obama alot of people quit the game , and we were just getting a bunch of new faces to :(

Come back PEQ come back...........
Old 12-18-2008, 01:05 PM
elation
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostriderdoom View Post
Come back PEQ come back...........
Had a flash back to the movie - Titanic.

It's amazing how attached to a game one can become. I really hope it's up at least by Christmas when I'm off work and there is nothing to do.
Old 12-18-2008, 02:36 PM
tlbww
Fire Beetle

This is the beginnings of a sad holiday.

Oh well. Off to Hellgate and Tabala Raza.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:20 PM
EvoZak
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlbww View Post
This is the beginnings of a sad holiday.

Oh well. Off to Hellgate and Tabala Raza.
TR is shutting down Feb. 28
Old 12-18-2008, 09:46 PM
Kayot
Discordant

Oh the irony...

Wonder if they'll release the Tabala Raza server code and database if I ask nicely. Never played it, but it would be fun to have it and the game on hand should I ever decide too.

God doesn't give second chances... Hell, he sets you up the first time.
Closed Thread