Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 09-18-2019, 07:53 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Question Adjust base regeneration rates of players

I just noticed that my characters are regenerating +8hp per tick standing at level 1. I'm trying to make this classic, which should be +1hp regen per tick while standing for normal races.

I've adjusted everything I can in the rule_values table, but nothing seems to affect this. From my research here on the forums, the +8hp per tick was hard coded into the source and the only way to adjust it is if I compile a server myself.

Is this true?

If this is true, what would be a good workaround to get the regen to be normal again?
Old 09-18-2019, 11:40 AM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

Edit: You said standing.

They shouldn't regen more than their stat windows shows. Are you sure it's not regenning 9 then minus 9?

Old 09-18-2019, 11:55 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thanks Maze_EQ. Players are regenerating +8hp per tick. It's not regenerating +8 and then subtracting -8.
Old 09-18-2019, 12:15 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Have you checked out the fast_hp_regen column in the zone table ? (set at 180 by default).
Old 09-18-2019, 12:35 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Thanks Huppy. That's a great suggestion that I had already tried. I set the fast_regen_hp column in the zone table from 180 to 0 and it didn't make any difference.
Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I figured something out. The hp regen increases every 10 levels.

lvl 01 = 2hp regen
lvl 10 = 3hp regen
lvl 20 = 4hp regen
lvl 30 = 5hp regen
lvl 40 = 6hp regen
lvl 50 = 7hp regen
lvl 60 = 8hp regen

I'd love to know how to change this. I am trying to get 1hp regen permanently, regardless of level.

Also I noticed something else that's very strange. If I sit down, my hp goes to 100% after 2 seconds. Even on my level 60 Enchanter, he has 1600hp and he will regen from 100hp to 1600hp 2 seconds after he sits down.

I am beyond baffled lol
Old 09-18-2019, 08:15 PM
Huppy
Demi-God

Have you got this enabled in rules ? Character:RestRegenEnabled
Old 09-18-2019, 08:27 PM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Character:RestRegenEnabled is set to false
Old 09-18-2019, 09:45 PM
jaspen
Hill Giant

You said you set regen to 0 that is why your regen rate is through the roof when sitting. That number tells how fast a character regens from 0 to 100 percent in seconds so you set it to take 0 seconds to full regen. It is set to 180 or 3 minutes to regen to full by default.

It is possible the hp regen rate when standing is client base, if not, I assume this is something that would be set in the source files. Could try first searching for iksar and troll regen rates and maybe that will be the same file that sets everyone else.

EDIT: Use a good program like grepwin to search all files for keywords.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:52 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Looks like the settings don't always stick, even after restarting the server.

I set Character:RestRegenEnabled to false, restarted the server and nothing had changed. Tried it again this morning after another restart, and now the super fast regen has stopped.

Still stuck with the base hp regen scaling every 10 levels, so I'm trying to find a way around that now.

My server wasn't compiled from source, so I can't adjust anything in the source files. Client side I cannot find anything either (I used the Grepwin tool as you suggested, Jaspen).
Old 09-19-2019, 09:09 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

Ok so I just found something even more disturbing. The client and the server are reporting completely different HP values.

When I stand still at lvl 60 and look at my hit points, I am regenerating +9hp per tick. I can let this go for a few minutes and gain some hp. Great.

However, if I actually target myself, my HP resets back down to it's original hp. So I am, in fact, not regenerating at all.

As a test, I took myself from 1600hp to 100hp and let my character stand still until I regenerated to full hp. Then I clicked my character and my HP refreshed back down to 100hp. Looks like regeneration doesn't work AT ALL and the client is lying about the actual rate of regeneration.

This is extremely confusing.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:15 AM
jaspen
Hill Giant

I think you need to build from scratch and slowly import, or recreate, your settings again. I have seen that before where the client and server are out of sync. If you look in the database it will show you the lower value as that is what the server thinks. The client calculates things different and will display a different value until you click yourself and force an update. If you have the admin tools up you will see the numbers differently.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:20 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I did not build this server, it was a compile from the Akka pack. I just never noticed the incorrect HP values until now. The server sees the damage correctly, but the client does the regenerating. Unfortunately they never sync.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:36 AM
Huppy
Demi-God

Depending what client you're using, have you got this set in rules ? Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd

Whatever is causing your issues, is more of an isolated incidence with your server. Most of us are using the same PEQ database and code that you have, but I don't have these particular problems, so I'm not sure what's causing it all on your end. I wish I knew, so we could help you address them.
Old 09-19-2019, 09:43 AM
strugglegenerator
Hill Giant

I have tried setting Character:SoDClientUseSoDHPManaEnd to true and to false, but it has no effect.

I am using the Titanium client.