Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:42 PM
zerjz3
Banned

Default Underfoot and Custom Classes

The server I run is 100% custom content, and with that comes custom classes. I have achieved this by editing the class names in eqstr_us and altering their spells and whatnot.

This works perfectly, HOWEVER, when upgrading my server to Underfoot (because you can do so much more with custom content) I have run into a pretty large issue.

Changing the class names in eqstr_us seems to break character creation. The classes that I didn't change work fine, you can select their icon during character create and make that class -- BUT, the classes that I changed the names of CANNOT be selected or created. It seems there is some sort of link between what's in eqstr_us and what the character create window pulls.

Is there any way around this? I require both Underfoot client and these custom class names. This problem basically breaks my concept entirely.

Any help, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Note - I am willing to edit the source if doing so will fix this problem. Just need to be pointed in the right direction if that's the case.

Thanks!
Old 10-23-2014, 09:57 PM
chrsschb
Dragon

You had custom class names working in another client?

There's some good info in this thread: http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=37064
Old 10-23-2014, 10:00 PM
zerjz3
Banned

It was working in Titanium, but I definitely do not want to be limited to just that client. I had to edit the CharacterCreate UI file and change the class name strings, which worked for Titanium, but they do it differently in Underfoot and there are no text strings in that UI file to change. Checking that thread now, thanks.

Edit: well, that thread wasn't toooo relevant really to this problem. Just to clarify, I'm not trying to add any new classes or do anything terribly complicated with the custom classes, that's all sorted, I'm just trying to fix this character create problem. It's just a matter of a string I edited in eqstr_us has somehow unlinked something in the character creation.
Old 10-24-2014, 03:39 AM
vsab
Discordant

I could be wrong here but I think to do this you need to patch eqgame, or use dll proxying/injection...

Wrath that runs Enlightened: Dark Ascension has done this with UF (maybe ask him?). The download page is here http://enlighteneddark.weebly.com/downloads.html - the files include the resources needed. IIRC it was still a bit quirky in regards to what you saw at character select for the classes.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:30 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Database name of the Class must match the eq_str class name when trying to create a character on UF. (pretty sure thats the problem you are seeing)
This might not be true.. I remember doing this before and it working.. I just can't remember what I did :(

I know on Enlightened Dark you were forced to create a rogue.. (couldn't select any other class) .. then you started in a "Class select" type area. In this area you talked to an NPC and he would set your new class and send you to the next zone. He altered the Class change to not disconnect you however.
Old 10-24-2014, 08:59 AM
zerjz3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NatedogEZ View Post
Database name of the Class must match the eq_str class name when trying to create a character on UF. (pretty sure thats the problem you are seeing)
This might not be true.. I remember doing this before and it working.. I just can't remember what I did :(
Thank you!! I'm really hoping it is indeed that simple of a fix. Do you happen to know which table the class names are in?
Old 10-24-2014, 09:25 AM
NatedogEZ
Developer

Found how to get it to work... I had to alter the EQUI_CharacterCreate.xml to make the class to be selectable.. lol

Anything in that file that was "Warrior" .. I changed to "Badass" lol

so eqstr_us and the file above are the only things I changed and the class works just fine
Old 10-24-2014, 10:20 AM
zerjz3
Banned

Thank you Nate! You are a life saver.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:08 AM
chrsschb
Dragon

Awesome!

10chars
Old 10-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Uleat
Developer

I imagine that you could put custom icons and inventory backgrounds in there too

Compilin' Dirty