Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Windows Servers

Support::Windows Servers Support forum for Windows EQEMu users.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:55 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Default Guild Hall Problem

I just redid my server and used the latest downloads and did a full recompile. I did not receive any errors, and I am able to get into the game. I just ran into an error. I attempted to get into the guild hall and when I click on the door, I get the loading screen and am dumped back into the Guild Lobby. Since I imported my characters from my old database I dropped my guild and recreated a new one. I was still unable to enter the Guild Hall. I have an old working version of the server on a Virtual machine so I opened HeidiSQL and did a check on the doors and the zone. Everything matches between the two versions. I have a Virtual machine, which I use to experiment with, I put my operational server on my Laptop so I don't burden my main machine. Everything matches up between the two. I checked the doors table and the zone table. Are there any other tables that I need to check? Or am I going to have to redo the database? I did source my characters first, and when I first logged in I got a message that they had to be converted to the new format. Again everything seems to be working with them, I checked out a number of zones and did a few fights and had no problems, just with the Guild Hall. Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:01 PM
ghanja
Dragon

What client are you using?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:26 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

It happened with both my Titanium and Secrets of Faydwer clients
Old 10-23-2014, 02:29 PM
ghanja
Dragon

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/sho...ht=guild+lobby

I thought your post sounded familiar. Related problem?
Old 10-23-2014, 02:40 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

No, totally different. In that post I was able to zone in and couldn't zone out. The problem was with the doors. I had to change the mask. The doors in that post weren't even visible or clickable. This time they are both visible and clickable. The only thing is that I can't zone into the guild hall using them. I am going to try to zone in using the #zone command and see if that shakes something loose. These two posting seem to be different, because the first thing I did was check the mask to make sure they were valid.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:03 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

I was able to zone into the guild hall using the #zone command, but the guild hall was empty. I was able to zone out to the Guild Lobby though. I am going to search, because I saw that someone posted about an empty guild hall earlier. Thanks for the help Ghanja.
Old 10-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Kingly_Krab
Administrator

The guild hall is version based, the door script in Guild Lobby sends you to an instanced zone with a different version than 0, allowing it to be populated with NPCs.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:17 PM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

Ok, thanks. I'll just redo my database. I'll add the updates from July 10th to it also. I did recheck the masking on doors in the database, and everything did check out. I was able to zone out, just not able to zone in.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:04 PM
provocating
Demi-God

I ran into this many times. I seem to remember deleting the quest global for that user and ginstance. Also I seem to remember there being a problem where the quest file issued the zone for 24 hours, but the quest file not putting it back in for 23 hours....very vague I know but I do remember the quest file was not deleting the quest global like it should. If you do not get it, post back here and I will share my quest file.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:40 PM
Uleat
Developer

Please post back if you're still having problems...

If clients are still having an issue with this, I'll take another look (I did lose my notes on this one, however...)

Compilin' Dirty
Old 10-24-2014, 09:01 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

I am still having a problem with this. I have done everything from creating the database with only the two peqbeta and playertables files to using the last 10 required updates down to the last 4. Both enabling bots / mercs and disabling the same. I still can't get into the guild hall.
Old 10-24-2014, 09:04 AM
provocating
Demi-God

Verify your LUA and Perl quest are definitely working.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:27 AM
SoltanHeatwave
Hill Giant

They are working. I did a quest in Lua and one in Perl and was able to complete them successfully.
Old 10-24-2014, 12:56 PM
provocating
Demi-God

Okay, look at your Quest Variables now, look for anything referring to the guild hall.
Old 10-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Uleat
Developer

I proffered some changes a while back to the database doortype entries.

That should have fixed everything UF and before.

If you're having issues with RoF, that's gonna take a little extra doing...

I think the timer change on the instance was a per-requisite as well.

Compilin' Dirty