Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Quests > Quests::Q&A

Quests::Q&A This is the quest support section

Old 05-25-2019, 09:24 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Some final notes before letting this post rest...

For others to find this who keyword search... Flymode walking sound swimming swim grounded levitate skipping skip x y z leash movement running combat

Flymode=0 Grounded
Flymode=1 Flying
Flymode=2 Levitating
Flymode=3 Underwater

I hope this information/post will help someone.

These observations are only while in attack mode. NOT patrolling/wandering behavior.
Nektulos = tested Guards, Piranhas
Oasis = tested both crocodile/caiman

Definition = "Skipping on z axis"...fluid move forward, drop a foot, fluid
move forward, drop a foot... movement by calculation without animation of movement from point a to b.

Guards Flymode
0 = Walking with sound. Cannot swim z axis (has swimming animation, but keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)
1 = Flies, was in combat in the trees and the guard was flying with me. Does skip on the z axis to get to me, fluid movement on the x,y.
Cannot swim (again, has swimming animation, but keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)
2 = Wants to levitate, but the z pathing keeps them popping back to the ground. Cannot swim (again, has swimming animation, but
keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)
3 = Default setting. Walks just fine. Does not have walking sound. Can swim, not z axis though (has swimming animation,
but keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)

Piranha Flymode
0 = Swims. Skipping on x,y,z axis (No fluid forward swimming/animation between movement updates). Stays in water.
1 = Swims. Skipping on z axis. Stays in water.
2 = Swims. Skipping on z axis. Stays in water.
3 = Default setting. Swims as designed. Skipping on z axis. Stays in water.

Croc Flymode
0 = Walking with sound. Cannot swim z axis (has swimming animation, but keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)
1 = Flies, was in combat in the sky and the Croc was flying with me. Does skip on the z axis to get to me, fluid movement on the x,y. Cannot swim (again, has swimming animation,
but keeps to the floor and skips x,y axis as the computer recalculated its position)
2 = Wants to levitate, but the z pathing keeps them popping back to the ground. Cannot swim (again, has swimming animation,
3 = Default setting. Walks just fine. Does not have walking sound. Can swim, not z axis though (has swimming animation,

Observations...
(1) In Oasis (dunes were perfect to test with inclines) I had noticed that NPCs Flymode=3,2... would have a much more pronounced skip
in z axis when they are leashed to you via combat and chasing you around...than if they were in Flymode=0.
(2) In Flymode=1 an NPC in combat upon death would drop to the ground like a rock (makes sense).

Just a thought...Make the Griffons (or any NPC) Flymode=1 and give them waypoints in the air, and you can
actualy have a flying mob in a zone patrolling around. Not a bird that hovers just of the ground. It will still agro and come after you.

Not tested by myself yet but others have...Boats, they seem to work but I personaly have not changed their
settings to see the effect.....yet. Will necro this post when I do with observations.

-Eric
Old 05-26-2019, 03:34 PM
Scorpious2k
Demi-God

In Rivervale we have flying pigs. Naturally, if you kill one it drops something called red bull...

But then we are weir- different.
Old 05-04-2020, 04:02 PM
WarAngel
Sarnak

Necro'ing my own post to say that the Devs implemented a flymode in the database for npc_types. So now you can fix using sql query or whatnots. So no more script being run all the time. Less processing bogging the computer. Yay!!

...go have fun in the database!!

Tags
flymode, mob, npc, sound, walking