Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::General Support

Support::General Support Post all topics here having to do with errors while trying to connect to an EQEMu server but not about the setup/running of the Server itself.

Old 03-23-2017, 09:09 AM
TheRasquatch
Fire Beetle

Default Don't own expansion

My friend started up his private server again with the RoF2 client and almost everything is running smoothly. We have encountered an issue where different players can't zone into specific zones and the list is different for each user.

I personally can't zone into PoFire or any of the froglock zones beyond the starting zone. When I try to zone in it says "You do not own the expansion necessary for this zone etc.."

My friend playing on the same server can zone into those areas but can't zone into others, like the Halls of Honor, and he gets the same error message.

My attempts to google the problem have led nowhere and I'm out of ideas, does anyone know what the problem is?
Old 03-23-2017, 09:21 AM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Your friend needs to go into the database and check these settings;

In the rule_values table,

World:UseClientBasedExpansionSettings (value set to false)

World:ExpansionSettings (value set to 16383)

In the variables table, another expansion setting set to 16383 (enables all expansions)
Old 03-23-2017, 01:07 PM
Uleat
Developer

There is an issue (recently revisited in a thread) in the RoF2 client translator that needs to be updated with the newer zone fail case.

That is almost undoubtedly the level restriction failure message being sent as the wrong value for RoF2.

I ran across this exact issue when RoF was implemented and have had several reports of it with RoF2.

I'm assuming that you guys haven't been keeping track of whether #gm on is allowing you access into zones where #gm off is not?

A good place to check this is the Crescent Reach to Blightfire Moors zone line - with a low-level toon, of course

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-23-2017, 04:16 PM
Lordvare
Fire Beetle

I am said friend. He who is spoken of in lore of eld! And ya know.. also the OP for the thread.

In response to the offered help which I greatly appreciate;

GRUMPY: The database world rule values are set correctly so far as I can tell. Both false and 16383 are set as they should be.

Uleat: You are correct that I have not been keeping track of anything to do with #gm on/off. As far as I am aware there are no GM privileges allowed on the server for anyone at this time. That said, I will login this evening and try to test if that is connected to the problem.

Thank you both for taking the time to try and help us with this issue.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:21 PM
Maze_EQ
Demi-God

On ROF2 this is most common in level-restricted zones.

Try zoning into Fearplane at lvl 1, and try at 46.

If you get the message, that's your issue.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:55 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Maze is right. I never had this issue before but I just tested it with crescent and moors. Setting the level requirements
gave me that message when trying to zone.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:02 PM
Uleat
Developer

I said gm in my post..it may be more correct to say status, instead.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 03-23-2017, 06:05 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

This is what the server log entry was. (with #GM off on a gm toon)
[Error] Zone 394 is not available because target wasn't found or character insufficent level
Old 03-23-2017, 06:22 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

If you want to enable access to all zones by all players, regardless of level or status you can run this query
into DB to simplify things.

Code:
UPDATE zone set min_level = 0;
UPDATE zone set min_status = 0;
Old 03-23-2017, 08:01 PM
Lordvare
Fire Beetle

I turned on GM for my account and then enabled it for my character. Presto, I can get into every one of those problem Zones as soon as I had GM turned on. So that seems to be the problem.

I will try that query and see if it helps. Again, thank you all for the help.

Edit: Unfortunately the query did not seem to fix the problem. However those are changed I would have wanted to make to the zones regardless. Thanks for the suggestion. It would seem the quest continues. I suppose I must figure out what keyword will cue up quest progression with Uleat...
Old 03-23-2017, 08:11 PM
TheRasquatch
Fire Beetle

Just to clarify things on my end, this is the error I'm getting.

"The zone that you are attempting to enter is part of an expansion that you do not yet own. You may need to return to the Login screen and enter an account key for that expantion etc.."
Old 03-23-2017, 08:15 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordvare View Post
Edit: Unfortunately the query did not seem to fix the problem. However those are changed I would have wanted to make to the zones regardless. Thanks for the suggestion. It would seem the quest continues. I suppose I must figure out what keyword will cue up quest progression with Uleat...
If you simply ran the query while the server is running without doing anything else, that won't take effect yet.
Either reboot or from in game with gm, run a reload
Old 03-23-2017, 08:20 PM
GRUMPY
Discordant

Sorry, guess I should of been more specific about ingame #reloadzonepoints
Old 03-23-2017, 09:06 PM
Uleat
Developer

In the RoF2 client, the level restriction message that the server currently sends is misinterpreted by the client as a missing expansion message.

There is no eta for a fix due to the correct value being unknown.

Compilin' Dirty
Old 04-01-2018, 02:25 PM
Tegila
Hill Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRUMPY View Post
If you want to enable access to all zones by all players, regardless of level or status you can run this query
into DB to simplify things.

Code:
UPDATE zone set min_level = 0;
UPDATE zone set min_status = 0;
thanks man, though I think i did that for the 1 zone my buddy was trying ot get into and he still couldnt...and he cant leave poknowledge right now, but getting same error (insufficient experience etc)

so far hes the only one , but he's the only one thats gone anywhere outside vanilla eq, tutorial, or crescent reach other than me and i was on gm when i went

these 2 lines fixed his zoning issue though