Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 10-02-2008, 01:40 AM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default question on database

my server gnomish proving grounds has advanced through dragons in old world vox/naggy and inny in plane. I have noticed vox/naggy have no fear. we are using someones database from these forums i believe. So far nax/vox where easy to kill. Takes 6-8 though we have brought more for slaughter. Was wondering when we unlock kunark soon if they dragons in kunark will have fear? We have recently had a influx of people join server ( around 20 on per nite if not more). So it would be fairly reasonable to see 20-30 at raids soon ( had 18 for inny). This makes me think with proper resist gear we can take on a kunark dragon with fear to make it challenging. But if they dont have fear I see problems because they will be one grouped over and over again.

Pls reply
Old 10-02-2008, 07:34 AM
sesmar
I built it I will Support it!

Fear is an issue on every server, unless something has changed recently. The problem with fear is that instead of running scared it really just acts like a big stun where you just sit there while your opponent can pound on you. I believe that idea is that they have removed fear from mobs such as these to prevent the raids from getting mass stunned and slaughtered one at a time by the dragons while they all sit there helpless.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:49 AM
trevius
Developer

Fear isn't an issue anymore for fearing NPCs, it was recently fixed with some nice code Though, I think sometimes players being feared can cause them to get stuck in things or fall through the world.

The dragons mentioned probably had fear removed from their spell tables before fear was fixed and it never got added back to them. You can test it on players and see how well it works and if you think it is ok, then you shouldn't have any problems just re-adding it to the dragons.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:30 AM
cavedude
The PEQ Dude

Players won't path when they are feared, only NPCs do. That code didn't get in as it did cause too many geometry issues. Even with maps, it is very difficult to keep a client in the world. Instead, players will have the stun portion of the fear applied to them. The normal CHA check is in, of course so the stun may not last the full duration of the spell.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:07 PM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

Default so what your saying is..

these kunark dragons are going to be incredibly easy to kill like vox/nafgen?
Old 10-02-2008, 01:08 PM
partylwc
Fire Beetle

by incredibly easy to kill; i mean we 6-8 maned naggy and he was the harder dragon. Vox was made very easy because since there is no push what so ever in eq emu we had to make her stunable or remove her heal ( Made her stunable) which in all honestly i bet she could be 4 maned.