Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::General Discussion

General::General Discussion General discussion about EverQuest(tm), EQEMu, and related topics.
Do not post support topics here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-11-2018, 06:58 PM
caravellex
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Default Where to find PvP source code?

Hello, I was looking if there was publicly available server packs for enabling PvP on a server. As of now, the only thing I found was the old vztz source code dump in 2009, of anyone had other resources I'd appreciate it!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 02-12-2018, 01:27 PM
Shin Noir's Avatar
Shin Noir
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 471
Default

There hasn't been PVP source codes since VZTZ I believe? There's ways to enable PvP via rules and variables with latest settings.
__________________

~Shin Noir
Rebuild EQ.com
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02-13-2018, 02:05 PM
caravellex
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Default

I've tried every ruleset listed in WorldPVPsettings with a full reboot each time and freshly made characters. the only one that does something is the tallon/vallon, which changes the color of the characters name, they can not attack each other though
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02-13-2018, 02:46 PM
image
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,272
Default

eqemu base does not support pvp you would have to implement the 'pvp' flag solution on your own (short of priest of discord flipping everyone), look into Mob::IsAttackAllowed


if // if both are pvp they can fight
(
c1->GetPVP() &&
c2->GetPVP()
)
return true;

Use either perl or lua to $client->SetPVP(1); on entering the zone.
__________________
www.eqpvp.com
EQEMu GuildWars Creator
Former EQEMu Developer
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02-13-2018, 03:26 PM
caravellex
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Default

Where am I supposed to look to edit the function of isattackallowed. In the PEQ server pack, I've checked almost every .cpp file in zone, they reference Mob::Isattackallowed, but I cant find the definition for it
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:57 AM
image
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,272
Default

I just pointed out where in the code would allow a client to attack another client, either they both need the PVP flag enabled or you need to be dueling each other. In the case of the PVP flag, as I said you need to make a perl / lua file, like the templates/player.pl and in the sub for EVENT_ENTERZONE you can just $client->SetPVP(1); to force their pvp flag on.

Each zone that has player.pl will have to be updated with this change so each zone someone starts in happens to flip the pvp flag.
__________________
www.eqpvp.com
EQEMu GuildWars Creator
Former EQEMu Developer
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02-14-2018, 10:30 AM
caravellex
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Default

AHH I see!
do you think it's possible within that player.pl file to designate who you can an cannot attack? or is that a source code thing?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02-14-2018, 08:03 PM
image
Demi-God
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by caravellex View Post
AHH I see!
do you think it's possible within that player.pl file to designate who you can an cannot attack? or is that a source code thing?
That would need to be source code. Level restrictions and things of that nature need to be defined in the code also, there are none. This would all be within the Mob::IsAttackAllowed I mentioned in aggro.cpp
__________________
www.eqpvp.com
EQEMu GuildWars Creator
Former EQEMu Developer
Member of the "I hate devn00b" club.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02-27-2018, 12:16 PM
Shin Noir's Avatar
Shin Noir
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 471
Default

I reached out to caravellex, but if anyone else reads this:
I'm creating PRs that adds functionality similar to what image noted via rules, so source edits aren't required to enable pvp.

it'll be rough initially, but in due time I hope to create rules you can tweak to emulate any of the old zek types.
__________________

~Shin Noir
Rebuild EQ.com
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02-28-2018, 12:15 PM
Didymus's Avatar
Didymus
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
I reached out to caravellex, but if anyone else reads this:
I'm creating PRs that adds functionality similar to what image noted via rules, so source edits aren't required to enable pvp.

it'll be rough initially, but in due time I hope to create rules you can tweak to emulate any of the old zek types.
This shit right here!!!!
Really looking forward to it Shin.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-03-2018, 12:51 PM
caravellex
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 63
Default

Really appreciate your work!
Even with a limited understanding of code, it's very difficult to write the necessary fixes because instances of Mob::isattackallowed and Mob::isbeneficialallowed don't really exist much in in the current build - Thus it's hard to make changes for the unexperienced.
Looking forward to your work!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-03-2018, 04:55 PM
Lane
Sarnak
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 48
Default

Thank you! Looking forward to it. I found tons of ways to enable PvP but getting level restrictions and drops to work properly was what I was having difficulty with. It always was FFA and if one loot would include no trade as well
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-04-2018, 12:40 AM
Shin Noir's Avatar
Shin Noir
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 471
Default

There's a pending PR here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/720
I need to do more testing.

I'm starting with Sullon Zek rules (and allowing you to customize beyond generic PVPSettings).
If you guys want to help, find me sources for Rallos Zek rules
Tallon/Vallon zek rules
verify my Sullon Zek rules (based it on https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-39541.html)
And discord rules.

I have a todo list here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/issues/722

I'm making it where you can set PVPSettings to generically support the original servers, but if you cahnge some new rules I'm adding, you can more granularly tweak rules to make it more custom.. (Assuming the other devs OK the granular customization).

I'm documenting my progress on tweakable values here, roughly: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/PvP
__________________

~Shin Noir
Rebuild EQ.com

Last edited by Shin Noir; 03-04-2018 at 12:50 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 AM
Didymus's Avatar
Didymus
Fire Beetle
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shin Noir View Post
There's a pending PR here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/pull/720
I need to do more testing.

I'm starting with Sullon Zek rules (and allowing you to customize beyond generic PVPSettings).
If you guys want to help, find me sources for Rallos Zek rules
Tallon/Vallon zek rules
verify my Sullon Zek rules (based it on https://www.project1999.com/forums/a...p/t-39541.html)
And discord rules.

I have a todo list here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/issues/722

I'm making it where you can set PVPSettings to generically support the original servers, but if you cahnge some new rules I'm adding, you can more granularly tweak rules to make it more custom.. (Assuming the other devs OK the granular customization).

I'm documenting my progress on tweakable values here, roughly: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/wiki/PvP
Massive Claps
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-04-2018, 02:23 PM
Shin Noir's Avatar
Shin Noir
Legendary Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 471
Default

Since I'm changing so much I created a new branch. This means it's going to be more difficult to use and test my stuff, but let me know if you're interested in helping out with this branch.

You can see a changelog here: https://github.com/EQEmu/Server/commits/pvp
__________________

~Shin Noir
Rebuild EQ.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:08 AM.


 

Everquest is a registered trademark of Daybreak Game Company LLC.
EQEmulator is not associated or affiliated in any way with Daybreak Game Company LLC.
Except where otherwise noted, this site is licensed under a Creative Commons License.
       
Powered by vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Template by Bluepearl Design and vBulletin Templates - Ver3.3