Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Support > Support::Linux Servers

Support::Linux Servers Support forum for Linux EQEMu users.

Old 10-07-2009, 12:04 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Default What did I do wrong?

I have been pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my new Debian 5 server loads without spawning mobs/npcs. The server loads fine and seems to work but all the zones are empty. I am using the most recent database and source code. Anyone know what would cause this?
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

most likely this and that !
Old 10-07-2009, 02:02 PM
RinoaV
Fire Beetle

Just a guess, but it sounds like you didn't source in the 979_unique_spawn_by_name.sql.

Code:
ALTER TABLE `npc_types` ADD `unique_spawn_by_name` TINYINT UNSIGNED DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL AFTER `private_corpse`;
Old 10-07-2009, 02:13 PM
leslamarch
Discordant

I'm guessing people didn't get my subtle nudge "this and that", They are links to the required SQL's needed to fix the problem.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:27 PM
RinoaV
Fire Beetle

valuable lesson learned, never read forums before consuming the morning coffee.
Old 10-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

Haven't gotten around to giving that a try yet. I thought I had added all the lines needed but may have goober'd up somewhere. I need to resource the database anyway. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Shin Noir
Legendary Member

Check your logs~

Look at where you start up world and zone from, make sure you have a /logs/ subdirectory. If you don't, create it and start up again.

Read the logs, the error on why your mobs aren't spawning is going to be in there. Once you understand why it isn't spawning mobs, you can look at svndir/utils/sql/ or whatever else to find patches that solve the issue, like the mentioned above unique_spawn patch.

Note: your bash shell will also output the errors too if you watch that when you enter a zone, but logs are a good habit for when your system crashes and such.

~Shin Noir
DungeonEQ.com
Old 10-14-2009, 11:32 PM
Annihilator
Sarnak

It must have been a sql omit because I resourced the latest svn Rev1008 and all works as advertised now. Just doing a little tweaking and fine tuning stuff now. I had been using the Windows binaries for some time now and recently decided to take the Linux plunge for reliability and stability reasons. So I'm learning how to do it all from the ground up again.