Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > Development > Development::Development

Development::Development Forum for development topics and for those interested in EQEMu development. (Not a support forum)

Old 07-07-2006, 06:50 AM
Astartae
Sarnak

Default Is there a live-compatible version in the works?

I'm just wondering if anyone is working on a live-compatible version. The last version put out was 7, back in April, and it was never intended for live. So, is anyone creating a version 8 as we speak that will be made to be played with a live patch?

If not, I understand. But I really would love it if someone was working on this. I would if I could but I don't have the patience to learn a programming language.
Old 07-07-2006, 07:34 AM
Astartae
Sarnak

Nevermind. Don't bother answering. I just read this answer on another thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OniMudvayne
when will a version of EQemu thats compatable with the live patch be available?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmeck
Never. or so far into the future never is a neighbor.

Titanium is how you must go.
I guess I will add Titanium to my "wish list" for things I want to buy when I have a spare $20 to spend...

Or maybe I'll just try to install all the files that Titanium contains, since I have most of those already on disc.

Last edited by Astartae; 07-07-2006 at 03:43 PM..
Old 07-07-2006, 08:51 AM
mattmeck

Wont work, they have to be the EXACT files, other CD's have files that are newer / older so there diferent.
Old 07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Angelox
AX Classic Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astartae
I'm just wondering if anyone is working on a live-compatible version. The last version put out was 7, back in April, and it was never intended for live. So, is anyone creating a version 8 as we speak that will be made to be played with a live patch?

If not, I understand. But I really would love it if someone was working on this. I would if I could but I don't have the patience to learn a programming language.
Hi!

What you want is almost, if not impossible, as Sony keeps EQ changing all the time - EQEMU needs to stick to something solid.
I like to think of Everquest as the "Classic" Everquest that was around before the Sony corperates got hold of it. I think some of the things Sony did to EQ was nice, but a lot was not.
Even if they did manage to put EQEMU up to date with the current Sony EQ, alls that would happen is, all the old, original zones everyone's been busting their humps on, would become useless and wasted space - just like it is on EQ live now.
Reality is, what is Everquest today, is another game; not the Everquest we played a long time ago.
When I first played Everquest under Verant, there was promises of free zone expansions under the original zones, something like the change done in lavastorm, and the Warrens addition.
Old 07-10-2006, 04:21 AM
GeorgeS
Forum Guide

Well that's the beauty of the emu - you can do what you want!

Titanium compatability has increased the number of emu users tremendously and fixing and improving what we have now is important.

GeorgeS

http://www.georgestools.chrsschb.com//