Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 12-05-2006, 05:27 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

Default Paradigma (PvP,Custom Rules + Content)

After customizing the server for a year we are close to be able to start a beta. Most of the code is already working and the missing features will be added during or after the beta test. Close means january or early february.

We try to build a completely customized strategy mmorpg server. That means all zones will be customized, you will be able to fight for locations, take over complete zones, set taxes if you own a town, place and command npcs. Towns will have npc controlled guilds for casual and solo players. The relations between the different guilds and towns will be quite important. A guild owning a town will also have control over the local npc guild and will be allied with it. The tutorial is open for everyone, leaving it isn't possible until we start the beta. If you want to know more about how things work and what kind of features we have follow the links below.

Important:
- Please follow the guide at http://www.projectf.org/wiki/wikka.p...=StartingGuide if you want to play at our server
- Keep in mind that we support the Titanium client. Playing with another version might be possible but will have some bugs and zone not accessable for you.
- If you want to know what makes this server special take a look here http://www.projectf.org/wiki/wikka.p...adigmaFeatures
Old 12-05-2006, 09:55 AM
John Adams
Demi-God

That sounds amazing, aza. I was just contemplating myself how to make player-controlled cities/zones. That's awesome. Can't wait to see how you did it.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:33 PM
link2009
Sarnak

This sounds very interesting. I hope you guys complete your project and succeed .
Old 12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
paaco
Discordant

Aza is an amazing coder. He has some pretty major hacks in the server code on Paradigma. I have been helping out a tiny little bit for the past week or so. Mainly just tweaking pets a bit so far, but I have to say he has done some pretty neat things. You can come check out the first zone right now, you wont get to see 95% of the features until the beta goes live but at least you can kinda see what we have going on.

I hate to say this cause I know Devn00b will come yell about how the server can't be close to GW's. But the taking over cities and some of that is definately similar with a ton of other variables/stuff to do added in. Don't get the wrong idea, this is nothing like guildwars, the taking over cites and camps aspect of it however is close.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:13 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

server will be locked at 01/01/07 to get everything ready for the beta. it will stay locked for about a month and all character related data will get removed. so if you want to take a look at the server before the beta start, do it the next 4 days
Old 12-27-2006, 04:19 PM
devn00b
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by paaco
Aza is an amazing coder. He has some pretty major hacks in the server code on Paradigma. I have been helping out a tiny little bit for the past week or so. Mainly just tweaking pets a bit so far, but I have to say he has done some pretty neat things. You can come check out the first zone right now, you wont get to see 95% of the features until the beta goes live but at least you can kinda see what we have going on.

I hate to say this cause I know Devn00b will come yell about how the server can't be close to GW's. But the taking over cities and some of that is definately similar with a ton of other variables/stuff to do added in. Don't get the wrong idea, this is nothing like guildwars, the taking over cites and camps aspect of it however is close.
Just for you Paaco

"DAMN FUCKIN STRAIGHT PAACO
YOU COME NEAR GUILDWARS DESIGN IL FUCKING KILL YOU WITH A SPORK BIATCH "

There is no spoon
Member of the "I hate devn00b" Club
Most Senior EQEMu Member.

Current Work: EverQuest 2 Emulator. Zeklabs Server
Old 12-27-2006, 04:32 PM
mattmeck

ROFL LOL

I love it
Old 01-04-2007, 04:24 PM
Nancy
Fire Beetle

Can this server limit the amount of expansions players can access so as to keep the population in a reasonably small area? if there is too much space accessable then the relatively small player population would be too spread out. I haven't seen any of these emu servers with more than 100 people on at once ever.
Old 01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

we only use antonica atm, all other zones are locked
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Nancy
Fire Beetle

awesome. I and some friends shall be joining for beta i hope.

What are the PVP rules as far as teams go? i didn't see it when i read the wiki.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:21 AM
aza77
Hill Giant

well we removed almost all rules there is no level limit and it's all versus all. Instead of rules we use a kind of social punishment system.
- If you kill someone who is guilded you will get a faction hit with the guild
- If you hit someone out of the level range you get a 1 minute Outcast Flag for a kill 100 minutes. Consider someone first before attacking, it will tell you if you are at range or not.
- If you got killed in PvP you are not allowed to enter the zone again the next 10 minutes.
- If you killed someone you will get PvP points for it and Exp. Take a look at the Adventure Merchants of a friendly guild to spend them
- We are also collecting data like your kills, your deaths, your killstreak and the names of your opponents. (Same for PvE btw)

take a look here for a short summary

i hope that's the info you were looking for
Old 01-07-2007, 02:22 PM
GrumppygregSZ
Fire Beetle

Quote:
- If you hit someone out of the level range you get a 1 minute Outcast Flag for a kill 100 minutes. Consider someone first before attacking, it will tell you if you are at range or not.
One major issue with this is that you are giving clerics and other healers free reign to simply level up just out of the range of a 50 and tag along with level 50 friends healing them, while if they are attacked themselves by another level 50 the attacker will be unjustly punished. This rule should be changed and everyone should be open to be pked without penalty.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:34 PM
mrfix186
Fire Beetle

I wouldnt worry about it really, unless the 100 min flags stack heh, Id blast through the healer in no time and just wait the timer off before going around the guards or merchants.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:54 PM
aza77
Hill Giant

well you don't need to remove the rule itself. you just need to modify it a little bit. i'm going to add a pvp check. if you hit someone or if you get hit you will be flagged as engaged for 1 minute. if you heal or buff someone who is engaged a level check will be done. if any of the opponents isn't in level range you will get a 10 minutes outcast flag.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:57 AM
bufferofnewbies
Hill Giant

You guys sound like excellent coders.. mind if I steal all of your brains one day as part of my mad scientist scheme to finally learn C++?

Good job on the server so far (although, admittedly, said from a non-played perspective), you sound like you have quite an interesting setup going there. Very well thought out system and the changes you seem to be making are quick, concise and well implimented.

I wish you luck on the server.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aza77
well you don't need to remove the rule itself. you just need to modify it a little bit. i'm going to add a pvp check. if you hit someone or if you get hit you will be flagged as engaged for 1 minute. if you heal or buff someone who is engaged a level check will be done. if any of the opponents isn't in level range you will get a 10 minutes outcast flag.