Go Back   EQEmulator Home > EQEmulator Forums > General > General::Server Discussion

General::Server Discussion Discussion about emulator servers.
Do not post support topics here.

Old 09-25-2009, 10:16 PM
Tantalar
Sarnak

Allright, it's official I am making a ranger
Old 09-26-2009, 02:32 AM
eq4me
Hill Giant

Is the server compatible with the SoF client? It seems I have mislaid my Titanium CDs. ;-/
Old 09-26-2009, 04:37 AM
avakai
Fire Beetle

I will have to try this server out.

I was wondering why it seemed so much easier to level on all the other servers. I had just attributed it to actually knowing how to play the game instead of the exp modifier being up.

Well since we are limited to one account I know what classes I'm choosing from. (not a complaint in anyway) Halfling Druid or Dark Elf Necro for life baby!!!!
Old 09-26-2009, 06:33 PM
drox
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by avakai View Post
Well since we are limited to one account I know what classes I'm choosing from. (not a complaint in anyway) Halfling Druid or Dark Elf Necro for life baby!!!!
Unfortunately, I've changed my mind on what class I'm going to be dozens of times already. I'm thinking Dark Elf Mage.
Old 09-30-2009, 09:16 PM
sasaluge
Sarnak

hahhahahaa original exp, thats like 1 blue exp for a white con at level 1. the whole 1 client thing, this should be funny to watch unfold
Old 09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
trevius
Developer

Sasaluge, your negativity is not welcome here and you have been warned about it multiple times, especially in direct regards to this specific server. This is your final warning, and the ban will be a permanent one next time it happens.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:32 AM
Thatkid
Fire Beetle

Is there a long shot in hell that my anniversery expansion will work with this? It was released after Titanium package and has everything Titanium offers.

No stores/shops around me have the titanium package, I found an Omens of War, and 2 Original EQ boxes from 1999 [yes, LOL].

I would buy one off ebay/amazon but it'll take up to 6 days to get here and I wanna play SO BADLY ON FRIDAY!!!!!

I also looked into EQ's store, there is digital download, they offer Seeds of Destruction for $40, and an EQ Starter pack for $20 that has all expansion packs leading up to Secrets of Faydwer.

Someone halp! Does it look like I have to wait til next weekend to play?
Old 10-01-2009, 04:47 PM
Gilcroix
Fire Beetle

I'd love to try this server. I have the titanium cds but I am really bad at all that replace file A with file B stuff. I always manage to mess it up.

One question , I have EQ live on my PC even though i haven't played in years. Will i have to uninstall it and then reinstall. So that it is not patched?
Old 10-01-2009, 07:55 PM
Gilcroix
Fire Beetle

Nm i found a post that helped. I think i am all set-up for tomorrow.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:00 PM
tsonka
Fire Beetle

I am sooo going to play this server
Old 10-02-2009, 08:54 AM
arnhem81
Fire Beetle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilcroix View Post
I'd love to try this server. I have the titanium cds but I am really bad at all that replace file A with file B stuff. I always manage to mess it up.

One question , I have EQ live on my PC even though i haven't played in years. Will i have to uninstall it and then reinstall. So that it is not patched?

There is a very clear step by step guide on the project1999 website to help you with the replacing of files needed to play.

To answer your question. Yes you need to reinstall the game to avoid any problems.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Dibalamin
Hill Giant

Server will be going live at 630pm Eastern time, AKA 24 minutes. Hope to see you there.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:20 PM
Kithyen
Fire Beetle

Meh, I'll give it a try when it's a bit more stable. It's hard to get into and when I do I get booted everytime I zone.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:47 AM
Ansley1
Sarnak

Total shock 100+ online more couldn't even get on due to ISP limitations It might level out after a few days but all and all an awesome and highly successful launch. I really like the no multi-box rule makes people interact. It was almost like the first days of EQ live.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
icon41gimp
Fire Beetle

Yeah except it wasn't like live because it had 2000 less players and you were unable to zone without disconnecting every single time.

Awesome server (NOT)